ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Hurley to UConn

I think we've heard the last from him for a while. I don't see UCon making a comback. Bad league, hard to recruit against the ACC and Big East, very little media exposure. From one mid major to another. But good for him.

I always found it funny that during conference realignment (the past 10 years) that great basketball schools like UCONN, Memphis, and UC got kicked to the curb. Whereas the Big East welcomed schools like Creighton, Depaul, and Butler. Basically because the Big East is all schools without football.

UCONN, Memphis, and UC need a new home.

UCONN has really fallen on hard times,once a power house with 4 nattys,now struggling for relevance,we had some epic games against them,unfortunately,we usually came up on the wrong side of victory.Calhoun seemed to have K'S number.

I always found it funny that during conference realignment (the past 10 years) that great basketball schools like UCONN, Memphis, and UC got kicked to the curb. Whereas the Big East welcomed schools like Creighton, Depaul, and Butler. Basically because the Big East is all schools without football.

UCONN, Memphis, and UC need a new home.
just please don't let the new home be the ACC.

Question. Why do we hate UConn? For me, it was Calhoun. I used to like UConn. I liked their players and thought Calhoun was OK. Maybe he was at first. Then he started getting a bunch of guys I perceived as punks, he started coming off to me as really smug and arrogant, and, most importantly, I started seeing him as a cheater/scam artist. Obviously, i had some bias as he beat us a couple times in the FF. To me, the negative view of him that several other coaches had kind of validated my negative view of him. I went from liking UConn to totally hating them.

Without Calhoun, are they still hate worthy? If Hurley turns them into a winning team with likeable players, I think I could like them again.

I don’t like UConn, but to me they’re kind of like Maryland. They’ve become completely
irrelevant to Duke, and the whole ‘out of sight, out of mind’ thing is happening. I haven’t thought about UConn for probably three or four years until this thread was created today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT