ADVERTISEMENT

D.I. Board ACC Game Meetup.

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
Okay, so I'm going to pick a game to get 10 of us all sitting together for an ACC matchup. If you've never been to Cameron, you'll get special consideration. So far looks like interest from dukehokie, Topps coach, QC dukie, SoCaldukie, Denn, GetNasty, Pisgah and Nickris. Everybody chime in who's interested. The game will be one of the 4 here, all Saturday games. Miami , jan 21 , Pitt Feb 4 or Clemson Feb 11th or sat Feb 18th Wake. List that you are interested here. You will be required to definitely show up and reimburse me for your ticket(no markup, what I paid for it,not much) We will all meet for a meal at the Skillet before the game on campus(great food!) and we will all raise hell as one unit during the game, haha! List if you are interested and what 2 dates/games you could make. If we get more than 9 that can attend, we'll do a drawing. Oldasdirt or skysdad, your ticket is on me if you come.

Last edited:
I'd commit to any of those games. I did go to many home games from 2000-2004, so if there are first timers that want to go, by all means, give them priority. I have never eaten at the Skillet.

Reactions: Showenuff
First, Thank you show!

Second, I am in for whichever game though the Clemson game on Feb. 11th would be best for me.

Okay, so I'm going to pick a game to get 10 of us all sitting together for an ACC matchup. If you've never been to Cameron, you'll get special consideration. So far looks like interest from dukehokie, Topps coach, QC dukie, SoCaldukie, Denn, GetNasty, Pisgah and Nickris. Everybody chime in who's interested. The game will be one of the 4 here, all Saturday games. Miami , jan 21 Wake Jan 28 , Pitt Feb 4 or Clemson Feb 11th. List that you are interested here. You will be required to definitely show up and reimburse me for your ticket(no markup, what I paid for it,not much) We will all meet for a meal at the Skillet before the game on campus(great food!) and we will all raise hell as one unit during the game, haha! List if you are interested and what 2 dates/games you could make. If we get more than 9 that can attend, we'll do a drawing. Oldasdirt or skysdad, your ticket is on me if you come.

Thank you Show. That is very kind of you. Right now it is day to day for me with the situation with my wife's mom. I can't go very far from home to the point that it would take me just a few minutes to get home. Let's see how things go as those games come up and which game is picked. There's nothing I would like better than to be with 9 fellow DI guys at Cameron. OFC

Thank you Show. That is very kind of you. Right now it is day to day for me with the situation with my wife's mom. I can't go very far from home to the point that it would take me just a few minutes to get home. Let's see how things go as those games come up and which game is picked. There's nothing I would like better than to be with 9 fellow DI guys at Cameron. OFC

Jan. 21 or Feb. 4 is the best for me. Feel confident I can make it on those days. OFC

Would love to meet you guys for a game but can't swing any weekend trips as coaching my sons b-ball team. Maybe Show will organize meet up at the Final Four!

Reactions: denniden
Great kindness from you Show. Your a great piece to this board!

Have never been to CIS and it would be awesome to meet some of the regulars here. Maybe I can make it out there some day!

I'm working on it with the wife and the newborn. In January it could very well be possible, but sources (steat, Gary) say that I may not be on that recruiting visit. God knows I'm gonna keep trying. Put me down in the 11-hole for now.

Darn early Saturday is the only time I can't. Coach my daughters basketball team that has games every Saturday morning.

show, extremely kind of you! They 28th is at wake not Cameron at 3pm. I will actually but rushing to that from my daughters game.

Good stuff, checking the calendar tomorrow when back home and will post again. Thank you for including me!

how much is face value usually now? I'd love to come if possible. I've been to Cameron a few times so if anyone hasn't I deff want them 2!

I'm planning on coming down the 11th or 18th, but I'll have my own tickets. Let me know what date gets decided so I can try and plan for that one.

Ok it's gonna be 11 tho or 18th then. I'm having trouble pulling prices up, I'll phone in tomorrow. The GT game has 90.00 in 17 which is the crazies section?

I spoke with them yesterday and they promised I could buy 10 this one time. I normally buy just 2 -4.

Main thing is, if you guys tell me your going when we finally get all details locked, please make sure you go. I'm dishing a lot out before you reimburse and I do NOT want to have to scalp Iron Duke tix, just not cool. We'll talk more details after I'm sure I can obtain tix. For now, just who's interested in either of those dates.

Okay, so I'm going to pick a game to get 10 of us all sitting together for an ACC matchup. If you've never been to Cameron, you'll get special consideration. So far looks like interest from dukehokie, Topps coach, QC dukie, SoCaldukie, Denn, GetNasty, Pisgah and Nickris. Everybody chime in who's interested. The game will be one of the 4 here, all Saturday games. Miami , jan 21 , Pitt Feb 4 or Clemson Feb 11th or sat Feb 18th Wake. List that you are interested here. You will be required to definitely show up and reimburse me for your ticket(no markup, what I paid for it,not much) We will all meet for a meal at the Skillet before the game on campus(great food!) and we will all raise hell as one unit during the game, haha! List if you are interested and what 2 dates/games you could make. If we get more than 9 that can attend, we'll do a drawing. Oldasdirt or skysdad, your ticket is on me if you come.

I appreciate the generous offer, Show, but it's just not possible. I'll be there in spirit. Hope you guys have a great time. Again, thank you so much buddy for your incredible thoughtfulness.

OFC

Hey Show - I was looking at coming out the 4th or 11th anyway and actually already have tickets to either. If I can make it work, I'd love to meet up.

What a great gesture @Showenuff!!! Been a Duke fan since '82 and have never been to a Duke game considering I live in Nebraska and coach HS basketball, otherwise I would plead with you to hook me up! Sounds like a great time with some great people.

Wish I could make it. Haven't been to a game in Cameron snice 2000.

Have a great te everyone.

Show don't want you to go out of pocket for tickets so let me me know how much tickets will be and can send you a check right now.If you do not have nine able to go.I will take two wife wants to go

Ok, I'm not gonna take any money til I for sure can get the tix on lockdown and we get solid date and all setup. I know a lot of you don't know me so if you don't want to send money ahead of time I fully understand, you can just pay me when I meet you there. I'm waiting to get my callout calendar from work in the next couple of days to make sure I'm not on call when we set this thing up. Stay tuned men ! Oh, and women. Yes, Neners, you are definitely invited to join us. :)

I would prefer the 18th but the 11th is fine. As long as is a well with my wife's mother. That is she doesn't pass away during those dates. OFC

The Feb. 4th, 11th and 18th are all good for me.

Show, If you need the money up front, I will happily get that to you. Let me know.

Also, I will be bringing my golf clubs. I will be looking for anyone who wants to lose a few bucks to me on the course.

Also, I will be bringing my golf clubs. I will be looking for anyone who wants to lose a few bucks to me on the course.

Does that mean you will be betting on whoever goes golfing with you? :)

Is 18th decided on? I'm out for the 11th, but am working on moving some things with my daughter on the 18th.

Thanks guys.

Still working on nailing down a date. You'll see this thread pop up when we get it nailed down .

Reactions: SoCal Dukie
You know I will. I'll call ya skee, I won't get you a ticket, I know you can get one for the date we pick. ;)

Reactions: Skeelow22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT