ADVERTISEMENT

Current Player on a Different Duke Roster

dukehokie

Jun 27, 2005
I thought this would be fun. Barring a title team, who on this current team, would you like to see on a different Duke roster?

I mentioned Jack with the senior JJ and Shelden squad, but I’d like to see him with the ‘01-‘02 team too. He’d have fit and he would would’ve given that team some much needed rebounding help.

Reactions: skysdad
RJ on the 2006 team. That team had a lot of nice pieces, 2 senior All-Americans, the problem was JJ was really the only good scorer on the team.

Throw RJ along with JJ and...yikes. We smash LSU and roll to the title.

Reactions: dukehokie
How about Zion on the 86' team with Amaker, Dawkins, Bilas, and
Alarie. OFC

He would have been amazing with that team. And with the style of basketball back then not being shooting dependent, he might have been looked at as one of the beat to ever play in college.

I could do this for just about every non-champ team we've ever had. So no need to go back more than one year. Tre on '17-'18.

Could you imagine having just one guy who could pull that level of talent together? That was such a talented roster.

Hell, Tre with the Tatum team would’ve been nice too.

I’d like to see Cam with Ingram and Grayson. You couldn’t defend that offense and that zone press would’ve had so much length.

Tre on either of the last two teams and Duke may have two more titles. Carter or Bagley on the 16/17 or 15/16 and same thing.

Adding any one of the 4 freshman starters to the '06 team would have improved our scoring beyond JJ and Shelden. Might have gone undefeated, unless all the other teams also get to add someone from a different year.

The most fun would be Zion on those mid 60s teams with Art H., Mullins and the rest. Modern cradle to grave athletic training with the volume of high order competition starting at much earlier ages year round travels teams....would be amazing to see the contrast first hand.

Adding any one of the 4 freshman starters to the '06 team would have improved our scoring beyond JJ and Shelden. Might have gone undefeated, unless all the other teams also get to add someone from a different year.

This

Zion on the 99 team. Just not enough talent on that team to win it all ;)

Avery-Langdon-Battier-Zion-Brand
My thoughts exactly, if Zion replaced Elton for the UConn game....we would have another National Champion.

Here is a thought exercise. Brand as a sophomore was out for a lot of the season and came to play in the tourney...would you take Zion over Elton in the same circumstance.

Me? Yes. Not taking anything away from Elton.

Elton + Zion? That would be a pair of awesomeness!!

My thoughts exactly, if Zion replaced Elton for the UConn game....we would have another National Champion.

Here is a thought exercise. Brand as a sophomore was out for a lot of the season and came to play in the tourney...would you take Zion over Elton in the same circumstance.

He missed a lot his freshmen, not sophomore season, but came back and was huge in our comeback against the Holes on Wojo's senior day.

Replace Elton Brand with Zion? Elton was a BEAST. We just forgot him in the title game for about 10 minutes. He was one of the top 2-3 players in college that season.

He missed a lot his freshmen season, came back and was huge in our comeback against the Holes on Wojo's senior day.

Replace Elton Brand with Zion? Elton was a BEAST. We just forgot him in the title game for about 10 minutes. He was one of the top 2-3 players in college that season.
Oh don't worry. I remember Elton well. Very. It's a different time. Zion is kind of a mashup of Justise and Elton and then getting bitten by a radioactive spider of something.

Zion on the 06 team with JJ and The Landlord. That’s still the one team I wish would’ve won it all. Next being the near perfect 99 team which RJ would’ve been perfect for.

This is partly because I'm still bitter about how the season ended, but I'll say Zion on the 2003-2004 team. That squad was good enough to win it all, but if you throw Zion in the mix with a senior PG in Duhon, plus Redick, Ewing, Deng and Shelden....they beat UConn in the final four and then demolish Georgia Tech in the title game.

Nah, no need to replace Elton Brand. He won every major award for National Player of the Year. He was a beast down low. But a Zion-Elton duo? with Battier, Maggette, and Carrawell on the wing? And Avery Langdon in the backcourt? That season actually may not have been very fun because our starters would play about 18 minutes before being pulled for the rest of the game.

Do you guys remember some of those games? We beat Virginia by 46. We beat Carolina by 20 on the road (3 seed in the tournament), and we beat Maryland by 18 on the road (2 seed in the tournament). Adding Zion to that lineup probably would have made it the most talented team of all-time.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Easy and not so far fetched one for me. Kennard on last years team. They just needed that one more elite shooter. That’s it. Can’t blame him for leaving and being a lottery pick tho.

Zion on the 06 team with JJ and The Landlord. That’s still the one team I wish would’ve won it all. Next being the near perfect 99 team which RJ would’ve been perfect for.

I like the thought of RJ with 99. I wonder if he could be efficient with that squad. He needs the ball more than he might have gotten it on that squad. I’d like to see RJ on the team with Paulus and McRoberts as team leaders. Not sure we’d win a title, but that team would have caused some issues in the ACC. More so than they did. He would have freed up McRoberts which would have been helpful.

I believe I would like to see Zion or RJ on any team that ever lost in an NCAA Tourneyment game, especially Zion against that Louisville team taking care of Pervis Ellison and against a couple of UConn teams and Arkansas. Coach K should rightfully have 10 championships.

Cam on the 2010-2011 team. Kyrie, Nolan, Seth/dawkins, cam, singler would have been the lineup of death for stretches. Even throw in the white raven Ryan Kelly and every 3pt record would have been shattered.

I believe I would like to see Zion or RJ on any team that ever lost in an NCAA Tourneyment game, especially Zion against that Louisville team taking care of Pervis Ellison and against a couple of UConn teams and Arkansas. Coach K should rightfully have 10 championships.

Zion maybe. I don’t know that RJ would fit on just any team. He and Zion compliment each other so well that it works. I don’t know that RJ, for instance, would have fit well with Austin. I do think Cam would have though.

Tough not to say RJ, but think this team needed a little more range on it.

So how about Cam Reddish on the 94 Duke Squad. Bonus for him, because he would get to spend the whole season right next to Grant Hill. Would of made him even better.

How about time machine one player from the past to being on this team?

I don't know? How about Trajan Langdon as the second option for Cam?

How about time machine one player from the past to being on this team?

I don't know? How about Trajan Langdon as the second option for Cam?

I would go with J Will. Another ball handler to take some of the pressure off Tre, and an athletic combo guard who can create his own shot, get to the rim, and defend opposing guards well.

Reactions: Duke937
ADVERTISEMENT