ADVERTISEMENT

Come on people

VaBlueDevil33

Cameron Crazy
Feb 12, 2009
With all the upsets that have already happened(good or ranked teams losing to nobodies) I don't see why everyone is in a panic mode after last night....we lost to the #2 team in the country....we have the GOAT and no doubt in my mind he gets this figured out at some point. Grayson won't play that terrible again and the freshmen just weren't ready for the big time stage....they will be next time

as Aaron Rodgers said last year.............5 letters Duke fans..............R-E-L-A-X

Reactions: dbav
I'm a UK fan and couldn't agree more.

Duke didn't get blown out. We just played a little better.

Duke is Duke. You have K. Everything is fine. Both of our teams will get better.

I think UNC is a little bit better because their kids have been on the big boy stage. A lot of ours haven't.

Time will tell.

We're young when you look at it. It was Grayson's first game as the spotlight player along with all the other inexperienced guys we had going. At times I felt they looked like a deer in the headlights. I am not worried about this team at all.

WE WILL BE FINE.

I stay away from game threads, so I haven't noticed whether anyone was freaking out or not. Losses are the best, most logical way for most fans to get a bead on what needs improving, and that, of course, can come across as negative.

I really don't see many folks worried, so not sure why the plea. We all pretty much agree with you.

This is what I thought as well. Grayson really was out of control last night and needs to settle the heck down. He just wouldn't stop running head first into a brick wall for some reason. Oh well, this will be a distant memory soon enough and both teams will be completely different in a couple months.

#4 Kansas and #6 Virginia have also lost these last few days...there is no dominant team in college bball this year. Enjoy the ride and watch thhe young fellas grow this year.

I don't think there is very much panic on the board, just a lot of different ways that people express their feelings in the heat of battle. These are Duke fans and we love our team and think they can do no wrong. When things go wrong like they did last night, we vent our displeasure at the way the kids are playing. No big deal, we know that the kids feel worse than we do and all is forgiven today. Better days are ahead!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I seem to remember a couple of games last year that looked somewhat similar. Things don't go well so guys push too hard. Does everyone remember about mid-season last year when Winslow was in a "slump", and then when Okafor was "turnover prone"? It happened then, in the UK game last night, and will happen again. Bad game. Upsetting? Sure. End of the world. Nope.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
Last night was the calmest I've ever been watching a Duke loss. I didn't swear or throw anything. Maybe I'm finally maturing, but most of it is know in we have a hell of a coaching staff and some young talent that will get better. Bright days are ahead.

Last night was the calmest I've ever been watching a Duke loss. I didn't swear or throw anything. Maybe I'm finally maturing, but most of it is know in we have a hell of a coaching staff and some young talent that will get better. Bright days are ahead.

I think that 2015 NC helps also. Looking forward to the VCU game.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
I think that 2015 NC helps also. Looking forward to the VCU game.
VCU not a bad mid major team either. We will get better. We must if we are going to compete in the ACC and we have some winnable games coming up like VCU, Georgetown/Wisconsin, Utah and Indiana and of course the other teams we play in non conference. We will get better and hopefully be knocking on the door at a final four!!

LETS GO DUKE!!!

I come in peace Dukies. I just wanted to say that I have no ill will at all toward your program. I feel we have a great coach in Cal but there is no denying that K is the GOAT. I will be honest and say that winning that game last night meant nothing to me as a UK fan. If we were to stomp you guys 10 games in a row it would mean nothing to me. What matters to me is championships and honestly....I feel like your last 2 were ours for the taking. Don't get me wrong....Duke deserved those championships as they beat everyone in front of them but winning in April is what matters to BOTH of our programs.

You guys have a good team. You don't have superstars like the 3 you had last year but by the end of the year Duke will be in the running for a final 4 bid as your guys will get better and progress because of coaching. Good luck whenever you are playing anyone but UK.

I think your team is going to be fine. Amile Jefferson is probably not getting enough respect for what he does. The Plumlee is good for what he is. The perimeter guys is where a lot of the questions are coming from. I personally felt Grayson Allen did not look good at all from the first half I watched (I didn't see the second). I am not sure he matches up against an athletic defender or ever will. But, Brandon Ingram can only get better. His shot is going to end up getting better and he will eventually get the size to not get pushed around. As far as the Jones guy goes, I don't know much about him. I thought he was known as a shooter but his shot looked shaky in that first half.

However, you have some depth and a very underrated front court. I think you will be fine going forward. Over the season your defense will shore up more.

Just one game against a good team who might have been the worst matchup possible with speedy guards.

I just read through that thread and ymmot31 said Kentucky may not lose again until 2018 and JerseyCat84 is saying 80-0 and 118-1 records for Kentucky lol
Comments from few like that is why their fan base is not respected much. The local media here in Kentucky is talking how they beat Duke again when they jumped to number one recruiting class. I'm hoping we can get Bolden. That should be enough to jump back up to one.

Kentucky%20Tattoo%20We%20Beat%20Duke%20Nov.jpg

Kentucky%20Fans%20Turning%20Car%20Over%20%20Beat%20Duke.jpg

OFC

Never thought I'd say this but I'm glad to see a Carolina poster instead of kentucky

We usually get this topic once a year. I think this is the soonest we've had it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT