ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K Thread??????

Coach K's foundation was a commitment to intense man to man defense. I think that the ideal successor to Coach K would be Texas Tech coach Chris Beard because of his focus on tenacious man to man defense

I won't attempt to refute the problems of getting older, because of course it is an inevitability.
That said, some of the stuff listed in that article are not serious concerns imo...such as getting a name or two mixed up. Listen, when I was 25 years old I didn't have near as much stuff crammed into my brain as I have now. I've got another 40+ years of experiences, learning, relationships, etc., so hell, why wouldn't it be a little easier to mix up a few facts here and there from all that accumulated knowledge (or in my case worthless crap:)). We're human, not machines (and even hard drives & ram fill up).

Listen to Coach K when he carries on a conversation, or interview, and notice how well he's able to communicate and put across his thoughts. The man is still very sharp (much sharper than I am), and that's a sign that his brain function is still very good. And everyone around him talks about how much energy he has...that's a biggie (I know my energy level is not that high anymore.) So, where's the problem? I don't see one. He appears to be a very capable man, and coach at not only his age, but for a man 20+ years younger. Not everyone ages at the same rate, and it appears K is as exceptional at that as he is at coaching.

OFC

That's a good article hart. I will be 68 in June and time catches us all. Someday the time will come for me to stop posting OFC

Hopefully that is a long way off. You're still sharp, Sky, and I believe posting probably helps with keeping your cognitive skills intact (tell your wife this the next time she says you have an obsession)!:D I know working with my Photoshop, and video editing type things help me...if I don't do those things for a short while I can tell the difference. Just like a body (heart) needs a little exercise, so does the mind.

OFC

Hopefully that is a long way off. You're still sharp, Sky, and I believe posting probably helps with keeping your cognitive skills intact (tell your wife this the next time she says you have an obsession)!:D I know working with my Photoshop, and video editing type things help me...if I don't do those things for a short while I can tell the difference. Just like a body (heart) needs a little exercise, so does the mind.

OFC

Thanks dirt. That means a lot coming from you. OFC

Sky buddy, I am right there w/ya my friend....I know what you mean.... OFC

Sky when you start to get to that point let us know. We will begin the "when will Sky stop posting threads," and wondering who's going to fill your size 15s. Wondering if @pisgah101 and @Mac9192 on stand-by to start posting???? Of course we're all assuming you'll select someone from the DI and/or Brotherhood fan boards. However you could go outside the family and hire say a Brad Stevens! :oops:

OFC

Reactions: Liftee and skysdad
Coach K's foundation was a commitment to intense man to man defense. I think that the ideal successor to Coach K would be Texas Tech coach Chris Beard because of his focus on tenacious man to man defense

Right or wrong, K has earned the right to essentially name his successor. It won’t be someone named Chris Beard, that I’ll guarantee.

No one is as sharp at 60 as they were at 50, or at 70 like 60. But people are different. So is K. His 73 years is better than most coaches 10, 20 and 30 years younger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT