ADVERTISEMENT

Chandler Update

Hmmm. Recently Chandler's dad has said he will commit in the fall...cant see him here knowing dj and jeremy could be back for year 2....all the reason duke reached out to dieng a European PG...

Chandler, Steward, and Roach would be a great 3 man rotation. That's 25, 25, and 30 if 0 minutes are spent at the 3. That shouldn't scare anybody away.

Reactions: christophero
It shouldn't but it might. Although UT has guys possibly coming back as well, maybe not 5 stars though.

Hmmm. Recently Chandler's dad has said he will commit in the fall...cant see him here knowing dj and jeremy could be back for year 2....all the reason duke reached out to dieng a European PG...

It shouldn't but it might. Although UT has guys possibly coming back as well, maybe not 5 stars though.

I am hearing that UT has pulled significantly in front of Duke for Chandler, and although K and staff has really turned up the heat, UT’s lead may be too big to overcome. Regarding who’s bringing who back in the backcourt at both Duke and UT, one could argue that the Vols will have more stacked backcourt in the 2021-2022 season.

Duke Returning Players - lets say either Roach or Steward return but not both. If it’s Steward returning, who’s playing PG

UT Returning Players - lets say one of UT’s incoming 5* SGs returns and its Keon Johnson. UT will still have Santiago Vescovi (2 year starter), Josiah James, Victor Bailey (Oregon transfer with a year left when Chandler arrives). You’ve got at least 4 guards who have logged significant minutes including two 5* guards

The prevailing wisdom was if Chandler committed in the Summer or early Fall, it was good news for Duke. That has changed. Need Chandler to see how stacked and deep UT’s backcourt is but also let him see that they have no front court players returning. On the other hand, Chandler can see that there will be an immediate starting spot open at Duke in 2021 and that we will have a stacked front court to complement either Chandler and Steward/Roach.

We seem to be missing on a lot of targets. I know we usually rally, but still.

We seem to be missing on a lot of targets. I know we usually rally, but still.

Yeah, we do. I mean we'll end up with good players but it sure seems like our whiff rate has increased over the last couple of years.

Chandler is just very disappointing given how effusive his praise was for Duke.

Reactions: christophero
Maybe this class is not seen by recruits as a one and done class other than Johnson.

There is a lot in flux. Baldwin i feel very strong about though and that hasn’t wavered. It remains to be seen who’s sticking around from our last two classes so guys who want to choose now, makes sense for us not to be the pick, especially at the guard spot.

Reactions: bfort2223
There is a lot in flux. Baldwin i feel very strong about though and that hasn’t wavered. It remains to be seen who’s sticking around from our last two classes so guys who want to choose now, makes sense for us not to be the pick, especially at the guard spot.

Good points, and it also reminds me of what we may not know.

For example, we may have told Chandler we needed to wait until spring, depending on Roach's development, and he may not have wanted to do that.

Who knows.

As long as it's not that cheating university down i cheater heel he can go where he wants to go. It would be just fine with me if every player in cheater heel were walk ons. They cheated for over 20 years and got by with it. I will not ever forget it. SHAME. OFC

As long as it's not that cheating university down i cheater heel he can go where he wants to go. It would be just fine with me if every player in cheater heel were walk ons. They cheated for over 20 years and got by with it. I will not ever forget it. SHAME. OFC
Exactly! This hurts UNC more than it hurts Duke if we're able to get Roach back. Love is pretty much gone, based off his projections.

We need one of Roach or Steward back or we could be in trouble. We could get a grad transfer but we'd have to at that point. we're fine if Roach and Steward return but we don't know that, and neither do recruits. My guess is we get one back and a grad transfer and a lower rated recuit as a backup, which would work out fine. Not many recruits outside the top 10 guys want to cormpete with a second year 5 or high 4 star. If they both come back we're set, and only need a back up. We do have one recruit is he capable of playing the 2?

Last edited:
Hopefully the staff have a plan and/or most of our team are coming back. Between guys going to the G League and guys going elsewhere this is becoming a little concerning. We could use a commitment right about now. Maybe we are overdue.

Yeah I'd like a commitment also. Baylor's had three big ones recently. Apparently Michigan State's getting another big commitment next week.

I'd feel a lot better if Baldwin joined The Brotherhood soon.

Reactions: jnastasi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT