ADVERTISEMENT

Canada Trip

Laettner15

Cameron Crazy
Jan 25, 2016
Sorry if there was a topic on this already but wanted to share the info.

Stinks Tre and Cam aren’t playing but the goal is getting the whole team healthy for the opener!

Really feel bad for those two, buy for guys like AOC, White, Goldwire this os an IDEAL opportunity to STEP UP!

#NextManUp

OFC

Mother****er. So this will basically show us nothing about our regular team. Good for the other guys I suppose.

Cam and Tre better be ready when shit gets real. Hate how injuries constantly, and I mean constantly, **** us over.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Adam Rowe is an idiot. Cam will probably be ready. Jk but in all seriousness he jumps the gun and I never believe him

At least this news came in August and not in November....

I am SOOOO tired of preseason injuries. Literally only happens to us.

Reactions: Quavarius
Sucks we won't be working on much chemistry this trip. Would be a great tuneup for the classic if we had our starters working together as a team.

I didn't even know that you could sprain a groin.

UnknownFeminineArcticwolf-small.gif

We knew that Tre wouldn’t play, but was hoping Cam would be ok.

Timo, if you can’t speak to this information I completely understand. Is there fear that these injuries that Cam and Tre have could be nagging up to and including the season? I thought it was discussed like months ago Tre’s hip could be a real issue (not trying to scare anyone so if I am wrong my apologies).... I thought I saw Cam was in a walking boot in some pictures during the beginning of the summer but being held out for a groin injury seems like the foot is healed? If you can’t talk about it I completely get it and if I’m wrong my apologies to everyone on here

Sucks we won't be working on much chemistry this trip. Would be a great tuneup for the classic if we had our starters working together as a team.

Exactly. I seriously don't understand how one program can be so snakebitten when it comes to injuries.

Chemistry-building is so critical with young guys. Just sucks.

Let's get the injuries out the way. If we weren't going to Canada, this would be a non-story cause I'm sure they'll be ready by November.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Exactly. I seriously don't understand how one program can be so snakebitten when it comes to injuries.

Chemistry-building is so critical with young guys. Just sucks.

K must've made a deal with the devil a long time ago and the devil is collecting on his end of the deal.

K did a presser today... I’m interested to see how this works in Canada

It’ll be nice to see man to man defense again and hopefully for this group it works

Man fast breaks are going to be fun with all the ball handlers we can have on the court at anytime!

Canada rotation?

Goldwire, Alex O., RJ, Zion, Bolden (It will be interesting to see if Goldwire gets the start. From the little I've seen from him, he is solid under pressure and can make shots in real games. His arms seem really long when he plays on ball defense.)

Javin, Jack, Baker getting good minutes. (this group just needs to facilitate, Javin and Jack could be great glue guys if they don't turn it over and are in the right position all the time)

Vrank and JRob there for energy minutes and defense.

Reactions: Liftee
K did a presser today... I’m interested to see how this works in Canada

It’ll be nice to see man to man defense again and hopefully for this group it works

Man fast breaks are going to be fun with all the ball handlers we can have on the court at anytime!
Laett, as far as i know Cam is more precautionary than anything else but i haven’t really asked. Maybe Jim Sumner can chime in. As far as Tre, same as you referred to earlier, Tre was not expected to play. He did the damage to the hip throughout his senior year and it was never properly dealt with. His injury is month to month which is clearly worse than Day to Day or week to week. As mentioned a month or so ago- we hope that he is ready to roll by the start of the season.

Reactions: Laettner15
Laett, as far as i know Cam is more precautionary than anything else but i haven’t really asked. Maybe Jim Sumner can chime in. As far as Tre, same as you referred to earlier, Tre was not expected to play. He did the damage to the hip throughout his senior year and it was never properly dealt with. His injury is month to month which is clearly worse than Day to Day or week to week. As mentioned a month or so ago- we hope that he is ready to roll by the start of the season.

Thanks for the info Timo... always appreciate it! Wouldn’t be a Duke season without an injury but hopefully the time we have left before Kentucky gives Tre enough time to rehab and heal up before tip.. if not this trip is a great Chance for some players to step up

Methinks, and it is purely an unfounded opinion, that we need to prepare ourselves for the POSSIBILITY that we don't see Tre as part of the rotation until early January. We'll want him healthy, and if it takes that long, so be it. We can absorb not having our PG better this year than in previous years.
I suspect he'll be ready to go before Jan, but we need to get ready for a worse case scenario.

Methinks, and it is purely an unfounded opinion, that we need to prepare ourselves for the POSSIBILITY that we don't see Tre as part of the rotation until early January. We'll want him healthy, and if it takes that long, so be it. We can absorb not having our PG better this year than in previous years.
I suspect he'll be ready to go before Jan, but we need to get ready for a worse case scenario.
K already said he’d be ready by October. I’ll take his word for it.

I want to see a fully healthy Tre come ACC play. If it means he misses pre-conference games, so be it. Yes, it would suck to have to wait that long, but I liked what I saw from Goldwire last year, so no worries having him run the show while Tre gets to 100%, and really, with this group there is no telling who might run point if Tre is on the bench.

The news about K is the awesome!!

Great, canceled because of Ks health one year,, 2 injured the next. Between Pops/terminator , injuries, and the freshman, I’m stressed! Lol ...not really funny but yea .

K already said he’d be ready by October. I’ll take his word for it.

K gave us his OPINION based on the best facts available at that moment in time. I would not be shocked if newer, better facts have changed the situation.

Great, canceled because of Ks health one year,, 2 injured the next. Between Pops/terminator , injuries, and the freshman, I’m stressed! Lol ...not really funny but yea .

Lol if you believe last year was canceled because of aka health

Lol if you believe last year was canceled because of aka health
I honestly have no idea . I just blurted that out. I remember something about canceling something because of Ks surgery? Or something? My memory is horrible now. Maybe I’m crazy I don’t know. Explain what you mean please! Lol

Reactions: pisgah101
I’ll be glad when my new chapter of stuff to remember gets going. Everything’s blurry as hell! ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT