ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Reddish, Tre Jones and RJ Barrett ?

Any "inside" thoughts/expectations on Bolden returning or leaving? Modestly improved versions Bolden, Javin, and Vrank with any contributions at all from Tucker and Robinson is not bad considering how good we should be at the 1-3. And, if Tucker, Alex or Goldwire step up, our small lineup with Reddish at the 4 is not that small. Still would love another big, especially if Javin Blows up and leaves after next year.
I really hope Ques stays and continues to improve. He’s got to run his own race. Ideally next year we are starting Tre, RJ, Cam, Javin and Bolden. That’s a helllll of a five. Alex, Tucker, Goldwire with Vrank off the bench.

Reactions: christophero
I've NEVER seen any of our kids as serious about a degree as Wendell is. He could fool you.

Tre-Jones-champion.jpg
*whistles*

Palming the ball.

Hey, with all this excitement going on, did you hear we landed Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish and R.J. Barrett ? :D
I thought I heard something about that. Man, the future is so bright we gotta wear shades.

Hey, with all this excitement going on, did you hear we landed Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish and R.J. Barrett ? :D

Tyus was on one of the local talk radio stations earlier today talking about his last few games (he's playing well, btw) with the Wolves. Near the end of the interview they talked about Tyus and he told the host he's excited for Tre being at Duke next season. He also called Tre a longer and more athletic version of himself....but did say Tre has a ways to go before he can beat him one-on-one.

Reactions: Showenuff and dbav
I couldn't imagine a Soph Carter with a year of playing experience, an ACC regular season title, ACC Tournament title and a National Title under his belt. Put the women and children away and lock the damn doors.

Someone in a Duke Facebook group I'm in claimed to be a friend of Gary Trent's family and said that Trent is a 2 year prospect and that Carter may be as well. Take that for what it's worth..i have no clue.

Percentages of leaving early:

Bagley- 100%
Carter- 99%
Duval- 99%
Trent- 80%
Bolden- 50%

Reactions: dbav
Someone in a Duke Facebook group I'm in claimed to be a friend of Gary Trent's family and said that Trent is a 2 year prospect and that Carter may be as well. Take that for what it's worth..i have no clue.

Trent I could maybe see. But if this team goes on to reach the goals they've set out, then Gary might find himself in the same boat as Tyus....where coming back makes a lot of sense from the outside looking in, but maximizing your value and prestige wins over.

Trent I could maybe see. But if this team goes on to reach the goals they've set out, then Gary might find himself in the same boat as Tyus....where coming back makes a lot of sense from the outside looking in, but maximizing your value and prestige wins over.
Much too early to say.At the same time in 2015 I thought that Jay was our only OAD.Jmo but Bagley and Wendell are the only definite ones gone

Bagley overshadows how good Carter really is. Carter is a lottery pick, he’s not coming back.

Trent/Duval wouldn’t shock me to come back, but once we win the title this year, they will leave with their stock high.

Think Bolden comes back.

Much too early to say.At the same time in 2015 I thought that Jay was our only OAD.Jmo but Bagley and Wendell are the only definite ones gone

A lot has changed in three years, though. And what I mean by that is now even kids ranked in the teens think they're one and done and the NBA will draft them.

I'm with JWill on Bagley and Carter....don't see a scenario where either come back. I also feel the same about Duval. With Trent there's the best shot, IMO, but I still think he ultimately goes, too.

Carter is definitely a lottery pick. I think he has gotten frustrated with his foul situation in games and then he really presses wanting to make something happen (which he usually does). He knows he only has so many games at Duke this year, then he's gone.

I'm going to enjoy watching this group play together, and try not to think about next season. To me it's no different than wishing so and so would have stayed, or whatever.
Do what you want to guys, and by no means am I knocking anyone excited for next season, but we have something brewing this year.
Has anyone given thought to how unique this could play out for Grayson? The chance to win a title in freshman and senior years? I don't think that's ever been done in men's basketball.

The season is only 1/5 over! Let's let it play out!

Having said that, history tells us that more freshmen leave than should, which means they all leave. Isn't that one of the reasons they come to Duke, is that they receive the exposure they need to be drafted high?

When I hear someone is a lottery pick and they love being a student all I hear is that they are a lottery pick. :) And I'm sure that's all they hear as well. I think Bolden comes back, and we will be loaded.

Has anyone given thought to how unique this could play out for Grayson? The chance to win a title in freshman and senior years? I don't think that's ever been done in men's basketball.

When he committed to come back I thought about it and you’re right I don’t think it’s been done. When UCLA was winning, freshmen weren’t playing. The closest example I can think of as it relates to Duke is Duhon. He came close.

When he committed to come back I thought about it and you’re right I don’t think it’s been done. When UCLA was winning, freshmen weren’t playing. The closest example I can think of as it relates to Duke is Duhon. He came close.
Shabazz Napier UCONN '11-'14

Reactions: dukehokie
Bridges came back, so could Carter? As someone mentioned a ways back (Show?), Carter is a different kind of cat altogether. Trier cam back, so could Duval. Duval makes more sense to me as of right now. as far as exposed weaknesses go. And, Duval pursued Duke for a reason. He knew he had to work on a few things to get where he wanted to go. He deliberately chose a harder route-buying in to K's program and being a smaller fish then he could have done elsewhere. Anyone think he would have been suspended for a game at Louisville, Miami, or UNC for missing a class or 2? AS for Trent and Bolden, neither has shown anything indicating they are legitimate NBA guys to leave so early. Not knocking them, but if they came in as low 5 star/high 4 star guys, nobody would be talking about them. I think both are doing well and, more importently, what we need them to do. In the end, who knows and we are certainly playing with house money in regard to all 4 guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT