ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Reddish Committing Soon

Barrett to Oregon? Hard to see him choosing Oregon over Duke, UK, or Arizona. Is there a family connection or something there?

Just a guess but it seems like 2/3rds of the best players from Canada end up at Oregon. They've spent the time and resources building that pipeline and I could see that paying off with Barrett. I think he ends up there, Duke or U.K. Two of his top 3 will have studs in the same class playing the same position. Will see. Would love to see him and Reddish team up because they are both so versatile and you add Tre Jones into the mix, Jones would average 8-10 assists per night.

Just a guess but it seems like 2/3rds of the best players from Canada end up at Oregon. They've spent the time and resources building that pipeline and I could see that paying off with Barrett. I think he ends up there, Duke or U.K. Two of his top 3 will have studs in the same class playing the same position. Will see. Would love to see him and Reddish team up because they are both so versatile and you add Tre Jones into the mix, Jones would average 8-10 assists per night.
Didn't I hear somewhere that either Barrett or Reddish is being sold on playing the 2? If that's true, could you imagine a line up of Tre at the 1, Barrett/Reddish at the 2 and Barrett/Reddish at the 3 to go with whoever we end up with at the 4 and 5. That starting lineup would be taller than our lineup this season is going to be.

Didn't I hear somewhere that either Barrett or Reddish is being sold on playing the 2? If that's true, could you imagine a line up of Tre at the 1, Barrett/Reddish at the 2 and Barrett/Reddish at the 3 to go with whoever we end up with at the 4 and 5. That starting lineup would be taller than our lineup this season is going to be.

That would be nice. Imagine Duke will stay on top of Langford and also sell him on coming in and being the leading perimeter scorer his Freshman year. Know he's pegged to go to Louisville but that's never seemed like a great fit to me. I'd be good with Langford or Barrett playing SG in 2018. Have to see what Trent Jr does his Freshman year and if he comes back for his Sophomore year.

Dang that kid can ball. He made all but 2 shots and he got the rebound on both misses in the same possession and put it back up. He can pass too.

Not sure if anyone else pointed it out but he was beating out Marvin Bagley on those rebounds and finished over Bagley to finish the play. Reddish is definitely impressive.

Canada actually has a pretty impressive list. Multiple Canadians from every class are playing key roles on P5 teams. And there are quite a few schools that have ties with several Canadian players from just this past decade.

UNLV:
Anthony Bennett
Khem Birch
Tyrell Green
Jalen Poyser

Oregon:
Chris Boucher
Dillon Brooks
Dylan Ennis
Devoe Joseph
Olu Ashaolu
MiKyle McIntosh

Syracuse:
Tyler Ennis
Kris Joseph
Kaleb Joseph
Andy Rautins
O'Shae Brissett

Texas:
Cory Joseph
Myck Kabonogo
Tristan Thompson

Kentucky:
Trey Lyles
Jamal Murray
Kyle Wiltjer
Shai Alexander

Gonzaga:
Kelly Olynk
Kevin Pangos
Kyle Wiltjer
Robert Sacre
Manny Arop

Iowa State:
Melvin Ejim
Naz Long
Mariol Shayok
Lindell Wigginton

Last edited:
That would be nice. Imagine Duke will stay on top of Langford and also sell him on coming in and being the leading perimeter scorer his Freshman year. Know he's pegged to go to Louisville but that's never seemed like a great fit to me. I'd be good with Langford or Barrett playing SG in 2018. Have to see what Trent Jr does his Freshman year and if he comes back for his Sophomore year.

I think the Langford ship has sailed and so do a lot of other folks. There may be some other options if we miss on the intended targets.

Have we pretty much conceded Garland to Vandy?

I still think the Vandy stuff is hometown sentiment. In the end, I think Duke wins out, but it's going to take more work and patience than once believed.

Already have Tre, looking great with Reddish, and looking good with Garland and Barrett. Landing Reddish and getting one of the other 2, plus a big like McCormack would be pretty amazing.

Already have Tre, looking great with Reddish, and looking good with Garland and Barrett. Landing Reddish and getting one of the other 2, plus a big like McCormack would be pretty amazing.

My only question with taking Barrett and Garland along with Reddish is how the playing time works out. The idea behind taking Jones and Garland is both could start in the backcourt since both are very good scoring guards as well. Where does Jones or Garland play and get minutes if Barrett comes in as a SG. Think getting McCormack is the key to this class, as all our other main targets are guards and small forwards. We will need McCormack to provide size for the 2018 class.

My only question with taking Barrett and Garland along with Reddish is how the playing time works out. The idea behind taking Jones and Garland is both could start in the backcourt since both are very good scoring guards as well. Where does Jones or Garland play and get minutes if Barrett comes in as a SG. Think getting McCormack is the key to this class, as all our other main targets are guards and small forwards. We will need McCormack to provide size for the 2018 class.

With Barrett, Jones, Garland and Reddish, you have 4 guards for 3 spots and two of those guards can spell each other at the point when necessary. The question really becomes when do the Jordans and Alex get on the floor?

With Barrett, Jones, Garland and Reddish, you have 4 guards for 3 spots and two of those guards can spell each other at the point when necessary. The question really becomes when do the Jordans and Alex get on the floor?
Think Duke will get all 4? If so, the Jordans and Alex may be on someone else's floor

Think Duke will get all 4? If so, the Jordans and Alex may be on someone else's floor

That's what you call a rich persons problem. The real concern is what do Bolden and DeLaurier do after this season where neither will play a bunch of minutes. Can we convince them to stick around another year by showing them that all but one of our 2018 targets are guards and small forwards, which would provide a ton of playing time with Bagley and Carter going pro? Or does Bolden roll the dice on the draft and Javin look elsewhere for greener pastures?

Think Jordan Tucker gets enough PT this coming season to keep him happy, but see very little opportunity for PT for Goldwire anytime soon.

That's what you call a rich persons problem. The real concern is what do Bolden and DeLaurier do after this season where neither will play a bunch of minutes. Can we convince them to stick around another year by showing them that all but one of our 2018 targets are guards and small forwards, which would provide a ton of playing time with Bagley and Carter going pro? Or does Bolden roll the dice on the draft and Javin look elsewhere for greener pastures?

Think Jordan Tucker gets enough PT this coming season to keep him happy, but see very little opportunity for PT for Goldwire anytime soon.

If DeLaurier and Bolden stay after this season, the floor is all there's next season. Not a lot of super great post players in Duke's radar. AV, Jav and Marques should really consider it.

I think there's a good chance. I think there's work to be done for sure, but it's a possibility.
What if Gary Trent were to return? I can actually see him coming back for his sophomore season so that would put him at the 2 and Jones at the one spot? I wouldn't see any room for Garland if Trent were to return.

I think there's a good chance. I think there's work to be done for sure, but it's a possibility.
Aren't Reddish and Barrett similar size? I'm just thinking Duke gets one or other. I think Duke this season has 2 guys that probably know minutes will be slim in Goldwire and O'Connell. Hope guys like Delaurier and Vrank develop cause it doesn't seem like there's too many stud bigs in radar for 18-19 season, or am I missing any?

McCormack, Williams and Nassir Little are prospects Duke is looking at that are versatile bigs but I could be wrong

What if Gary Trent were to return? I can actually see him coming back for his sophomore season so that would put him at the 2 and Jones at the one spot? I wouldn't see any room for Garland if Trent were to return.

I don't see Gary returning if we have the kind of year we hope to have as fans.

Reactions: dbav
Aren't Reddish and Barrett similar size? I'm just thinking Duke gets one or other. I think Duke this season has 2 guys that probably know minutes will be slim in Goldwire and O'Connell. Hope guys like Delaurier and Vrank develop cause it doesn't seem like there's too many stud bigs in radar for 18-19 season, or am I missing any?

As many guys' wives on this board have said on more than a few occasions I'm sure, size doesn't matter.

Just because they're the same height doesn't mean anything. Basketball is a perimeter game and with 5 guys on the floor, there's more than enough room to go around. With a distributing point guard like Tre coming in, everyone can be 6'6 or 6'7 for all we care. They'll get to shine regardless.

And in terms of 2018 bigs, right now it's McCormack and Brown (and Williamson I guess). 2019 has quite a few targets, which means AV, Jav and Marques all would get NBA auditions this season and next before the next super prospect comes down the pipe for Duke.

Reactions: Mac9192
As many guys' wives on this board have said on more than a few occasions I'm sure, size doesn't matter.

Just because they're the same height doesn't mean anything. Basketball is a perimeter game and with 5 guys on the floor, there's more than enough room to go around. With a distributing point guard like Tre coming in, everyone can be 6'6 or 6'7 for all we care. They'll get to shine regardless.

And in terms of 2018 bigs, right now it's McCormack and Brown (and Williamson I guess). 2019 has quite a few targets, which means AV, Jav and Marques all would get NBA auditions this season and next before the next super prospect comes down the pipe for Duke.
Don't forget Tucker. If he's what we all hope he is, he could be his sophomore season what a lot of us are expecting out of Delaurier this season. Between Tucker, White and O'Connell, Duke could have 3 guys down the road that could help, just hope they're here the next 2 years

Reactions: dukehokie

McCormack is a legit big man for 2018, but it's hard to get a read on him. He's got us even with Oklahoma St, Louisville, Kansas, Georgetown and Virginia/Virginia Tech. Regarding Nasir Little, he's also a Small Forward and hes the same size as Reddish.

Regarding 2019, there are a bunch of big men that we are involved with and the top of the 2019 class has a bunch of PF and Centers. Armando Bacot seems like he's a heavy Duke lean. He will be a Center in college since he's 6'10" and 240 lbs as a high school junior.

We are also in pretty good shape with James Wiseman and Matthew Hurt. Both are listed as PF but Hurt is like Ryan Kelly or Dirk Nowitzki, and Hurt could play the stretch 3. Has the height of a PF, but will do the majority of his scoring from outside the paint.

Will be curious to see what perimeter guys we go after outside of Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine who play in the same team in high school in NJ.

Show I agree with you, size doesn't matter is a myth. If we ever meet again please take a look at mine and tell me if you think its too big for my body:D.
That made me laugh. You guys are funny. :) I have a good feeling we land Reddish. We'll be fine in 2018.

I think Barret and Reddish are big enough to play with Garland and Jones at the same time if they are paired with a strong big. 6'6" and 6'8" are big enough at the 3 and 4 against 9 of 10 teams or for at least part of the game. That would make three and a half spots for 4 guys. Plenty of time for each. Of course that really limits time for the bench guys at those spots, like others have mentioned.

Reactions: Quavarius and dbav
Looks like a younger Kobe to me. Wonder if coaching staff will try to get him to have higher release on jump shot ? I think not.

Looks like a younger Kobe to me. Wonder if coaching staff will try to get him to have higher release on jump shot ? I think not.

Are you referring to Kobe, the guy 3 houses down with the adjustable goal in his driveway? Or the other Kobe ... Arguably one of the top 5-10 to ever lace them up?

Reactions: skysdad
I think Barret and Reddish are big enough to play with Garland and Jones at the same time if they are paired with a strong big. 6'6" and 6'8" are big enough at the 3 and 4 against 9 of 10 teams or for at least part of the game. That would make three and a half spots for 4 guys. Plenty of time for each. Of course that really limits time for the bench guys at those spots, like others have mentioned.

Agreed! We must have a true center if we're to land Garland, Barrett and Reddish

Are you referring to Kobe, the guy 3 houses down with the adjustable goal in his driveway? Or the other Kobe ... Arguably one of the top 5-10 to ever lace them up?

I never have liked comparing players or he reminds me of this great player. It's not fair. There is only one Kobi Bryant. Only one Christian Laettner etc. OFC

HIs release does look a little low, but with his height and ability to take it all the way to the basket going left or right the release should not be an issue at the college level. Smaller, quicker defender, he shoots over anyway. Bigger defender, he goes by him. Another reason why playing with a guy like Barret would be a plus, not a minus. How many elite wing defenders does any one team have? Can't guard everyone.

The only thing that bothers me about it is I hate the thought of having a recruit leaning our way and have some agent convince him another school is a better choice for his career

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT