ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Reddish Committing Soon

bmbritt

Cameron Crazy
Feb 5, 2003
Have to like Duke here, considering he's rooming with Tre Jones and spending time playing against Duval and Bolden out West right now. With Jones and Bagley's recent commitments, would expect Reddish to keep the train rolling and Duke will be the only school with multiple, top 10 recruits in the 2018 class.

Man, I hope so. I honestly want Reddish more than Zion (if I were forced to pick one). Zion has all the flash and would be fun as hell to have at Duke but Reddish seems more rounded overall and is a total stud in his own right, too.

Reactions: LH24ND
The posters over at RR think that if we get Reddish then it means that we automatically have no chance at getting Barrett.

Sorry if I missed it, but has he indicated a date?

The general consensus I have seen is that there won't be much made public from today nor tomorrow and we may not know anything until actual sanctions are announced months from now.

Would love to hang brain on the Cats and get Reddish along with the NCAA hanging brain on the chins of the UNC faithful.

Reactions: dbav
Reddish has a lot of Tatum in him. Obviously some differences but could fill the same role

Reactions: dbav
Yea, i'm hoping everything is real quiet after the meeting. Real hush hush. That will mean UNCheat has something serious hanging on them.
It would be perfect if they were hammered with sanctions on opening day of the regular season then we could make fun of them for the entire season (not that we don't already have plenty to make fun of them about) but could you imagine the meltdown they'd have that we could enjoy for the entire season and beyond

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don't believe we are supposed to hear anything for a couple of months tell, this meeting is private.

Reddish has a lot of Tatum in him. Obviously some differences but could fill the same role

Similar build and playing style. I'd say Tatum may be the better defender, while Reddish is the better shooter/scorer.

Wow! Reddish is a better shooter and scorer?? That's pretty impressive.

Believe it or not, he's just more wired for it. His stroke is pure and he almost has a point guard's handle which allows him to get inside very nicely. He gets to the line like James Harden and he spins the ball in the backboard very nicely. Not quite like Kyrie, but he doesn't miss many layups.

To be fair to Jayson, in high school he was counted as a point guard at one time. He is more wired to distribute than Cam, but at Duke he was all scorer haha.

This is a really good highlight vid for him. It does a good job of showing the multifaceted game he possesses, it's not just dunks and crossovers. He really is a generational type of player, Paul George-esque.

This is a really good highlight vid for him. It does a good job of showing the multifaceted game he possesses, it's not just dunks and crossovers. He really is a generational type of player, Paul George-esque.

Wow he's really nice. I always thought of him as more of a Winslow type player. His offense game looks really complete. Thanks for the video.

Dang that kid can ball. He made all but 2 shots and he got the rebound on both misses in the same possession and put it back up. He can pass too.

The posters over at RR think that if we get Reddish then it means that we automatically have no chance at getting Barrett.

That would be my concern as well. Crazy that 3 of the top 4 players are Small Forwards. Think Reddish goes Duke; Barrett goes Oregon; and Zion goes U.K. If there is a way to get 2 of these guys, it will definitely be in our favor to have Reddish on board very early in the process, and then we can focus on selling Barrett on the idea to team up with Reddish who can play the 2, 3 or 4 position.

Coach K has been emphasizing "position-less" basketball for a while. He loves those Justise Winslow types that can shoot, pass, and lead the break,etc. Certainly Reddish fits that bill, but so does Zion. Imagine the difficulty of trying to contain both at the same time.

As to Reddish being a generational player, you can't teach the sheer size and mobility of Williamson, a Lebron-type of physically-dominant player.

Last edited:
That would be my concern as well. Crazy that 3 of the top 4 players are Small Forwards. Think Reddish goes Duke; Barrett goes Oregon; and Zion goes U.K. If there is a way to get 2 of these guys, it will definitely be in our favor to have Reddish on board very early in the process, and then we can focus on selling Barrett on the idea to team up with Reddish who can play the 2, 3 or 4 position.
Barrett to Oregon? Hard to see him choosing Oregon over Duke, UK, or Arizona. Is there a family connection or something there?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT