ADVERTISEMENT

Braves

IPSYCHOSIS

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2016
So me and Hart can talk to each other...and all the other Braves fans... haha (On topic) No way im joining a Braves message board. Vikings and Duke is enough.

Been a Braves fan for about 38 years or so. Grew up with the Dale Murphy, Bob Horner, Bruce Benedict teams.
I have worked where I am now since 1989 and literally have one day of lost time and that was the day after game seven of the 91 World Series

Last edited:
I will never forget......charlie Leibrandt comes in and throws one pitch.....ONE!
And boom.....Puckett hits it about 450 feet for a solo home run, ending the game, and the series

Reactions: hart2chesson
Been keeping up with the games on my phone ...play by play crap. Sucks. But it’s better then nothin. Swapping back and forth from the Phillies . Is there a channel on direct tv to watch every game?Or a channel that catches most of them. Besides the MLB package crap.

That’s about the same timeframe I was watching and stopped shortly after. TBS played all the Braves games. Now I’m trying to watch again and can’t! Lol
I just got bored with baseball. The only sports I really watch now are NFL (Panthers abd Resskins fan) and college basketball (mostly Duke).

Y’all got AP and we got Cousins!
I was a bit surprised when I saw that he’d signed with the Redskins, hopefully he’ll help us have a good season but I’m tempering expectations with the Redskins. I’m expecting a big season for the Panthers though.

I rooted for the Braves when I was a kid. If you wonder when that was, think Joe Adcock, Eddie Mathews, Warren Spahn, and Fidgety Lew Burdette.
OFC, very "O".

braves fan since i was 14...going on 29 years now....and lonnie smith shouldve scored from 2nd base,,,uugghhhh!!!!

Remember Sid Bream hobbling down the 3rd base line to beat Bonds throw??

Or the mets fans chanting "Larry.....Larry", as chipper came to bat, and immediately drilled a bomb before they could even stop their chant??? LOL!!

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
They used to have a contest that I believe was only good for one inning....I think the 4th? Somehow you could enter your name and your player, and if they came up in that inning and hit a home run, you win money. The more RBI's for that home run, the more you win. I remember some lady had Jeff Blauser, not known for power, but could hit one....anyway, he came up in that inning with the bases loaded and that lady won, I think, 25,000.00 on his grandslam!!

That’s a lose lose haha
A lose lose is letting Teddy go for free, the Jets pick him up for nothing, and trade him for a 3rd to Saints. It’s a lose lose we trade our 5th for QB Trevor Siemian and he won’t even make the team. Or how about trading a 1st for Sam Bradford a couple years ago . Maybe drafting Christian Ponder like 8 years ago! Our GM is full of boneheaded moves..I could go on and on! The Qb position has plagued this team since Culpepper.....And now!!!!!!! We sign a Qb that Alex Smith!! was chosen over for 84 million guaranteed !! It’s becoming laughable. Redskins chose Alex Smith and let Cousind go! I’m extremely not confident! Our GM always pats himself on the back and thinks he hits the lottery with everything he does, yet fails and keeps his job....Maybe it works out who knows . But it be about damn time if so!

I was a bit surprised when I saw that he’d signed with the Redskins, hopefully he’ll help us have a good season but I’m tempering expectations with the Redskins. I’m expecting a big season for the Panthers though.
My expectations are always low with my team...

They used to have a contest that I believe was only good for one inning....I think the 4th? Somehow you could enter your name and your player, and if they came up in that inning and hit a home run, you win money. The more RBI's for that home run, the more you win. I remember some lady had Jeff Blauser, not known for power, but could hit one....anyway, he came up in that inning with the bases loaded and that lady won, I think, 25,000.00 on his grandslam!!

The Homerun Jackpot inning I believe.

I am a Falcons fan, and expectations are usually low, but for some reason, I feel good going into this season.....still not over the biggest choke job in Super Bowl history though

Braves are down 2-0 to the Cubs. Isn’t there a a Cubs fan here?

I am a Falcons fan, and expectations are usually low, but for some reason, I feel good going into this season.....still not over the biggest choke job in Super Bowl history though
That was pass interference !!!!!!! Y’all should have beat the Eagles and we would have beaten y’all:) That was crap! All the PI they called but didn’t call that is disgusting. Now with even more judgement rules it’s going to be an even more disgusting year of football imo.

That was pass interference !!!!!!! Y’all should have beat the Eagles and we would have beaten y’all:) That was crap! All the PI they called but didn’t call that is disgusting. Now with even more judgement rules it’s going to be an even more disgusting year of football imo.

Eagles? I'm talking about when we had a lead on the Pats, without enough time left to lose, and still lost.....run the ball and it's over

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
Eagles? I'm talking about when we had a lead on the Pats, without enough time left to lose, and still lost.....run the ball and it's over
Last year. Or am I forgetting and mixing up something ?

Last year. Or am I forgetting and mixing up something ?

Don't make me re-live it......

42ik1TB.png

I’m very confused lol. I remember that meltdown, but I was talking about last years playoff game vs the eagles .

So me and Hart can talk to each other...and all the other Braves fans... haha (On topic) No way im joining a Braves message board. Vikings and Duke is enough.
I'm also Duke, Braves and Vikings fan lol, can't imagine there are that many. Although I've followed the Vikings less and less in recent years.

So me and Hart can talk to each other...and all the other Braves fans... haha (On topic)

My friend we lost a tough one last nite....We left Folty in a bit too long and it bit us....Our lead at 3 games. Really need to sweep or AT LEAST take 2 of 3 over Pirates this weekend!

OFC

Remember Sid Bream hobbling down the 3rd base line to beat Bonds throw??

One of the most exciting plays in MLB History, in my opinion.. Braves were losing 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th, of game 7 of the NLCS. There was two outs, and guys on 2nd and 3rd. Braves won the pennant from a play at the plate... with probably the slowest guy on the team getting the game winning-run.

My friend we lost a tough one last nite....We left Folty in a bit too long and it bit us....Our lead at 3 games. Really need to sweep or AT LEAST take 2 of 3 over Pirates this weekend!

OFC
It seems like we’re running out of gas . Which is crazy with all the young guys we use. Pitching to me seems like rolling the dice too! I don’t know. (In my very limited time and little knowledge) of the team our Manager had me scratching my head a few days ago as well. I think it was 2 games ago when we came back and beat the Rays anyway. He didn’t pitch run Suzuki at first, and we hit a double and he had to stop at 3rd ....which he scored anyway in the inning, I think it was the 8th inning, but I didn’t like that . It was 0 outs. We were down 1. No sac bunt or nothing. We won the game, but just makes me think how he manages. Which I don’t watch enough so I don’t know! So I’m just going to ask you. What you think of our manager?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT