ADVERTISEMENT

Bradley

It's a moronic rule. I hope they don't change it bc I don't want them to get him- that's me as a fan. But me as a common sense- he should be able to go 1000%.

Reactions: LONMUNU
It's a moronic rule. I hope they don't change it bc I don't want them to get him- that's me as a fan. But me as a common sense- he should be able to go 1000%.

"Moronic" huh? Interesting Cam hadnt even mentioned UNC on his list of schools and/or made request for such an option until Roy contacted his ex-asst Kevin Stallings. Power move thats "moronic" INSIDE A CONFERENCE IMO......(David Cutcliffe and plenty of others are against it too.)

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Also hart, I'm not saying what Roy did or didn't do, or how the interest came about between the two parties is right. I'm just saying if you graduated, you should be able to go freely.

Reactions: topps coach
The kid graduated.

T it makes no difference to me in an in-conference situation. Those good ol handshake lines post game where a coach can say "hey heard you're going to grad school next yr....." etc, etc no I just dont think its right. I agree w/others stiil who say they resent grad transfers coming in from others who they have fought fiercely against and having their positions taken..... T theres plenty of other places they can go w/o staying in conference.We are just at opposite ends on this but thats ok. Have a lot of respect for your views ol' buddy! OFC

T it makes no difference to me in an in-conference situation. Those good ol handshake lines post game where a coach can say "hey heard you're going to grad school next yr....." etc, etc no I just dont think its right. I agree w/others stiil who say they resent grad transfers coming in from others who they have fought fiercely against and having their positions taken..... T theres plenty of other places they can go w/o staying in conference.We are just at opposite ends on this but thats ok. Have a lot of respect for your views ol' buddy! OFC
I understand where you're coming from and understand certainly there are plenty of other places for him to go- I guess my point is, he graduated, why does it matter where he goes? And not to mention the rule I believe only applies to football, mbb and baseball. Could be wrong on that, but to me that's not fair. A coach can leave whenever he wants. A player in other sports can leave whenever they want, but a football or basketball kid can't? To me that's wrong.

Couldn't agree more. How can you ask anymore of a kid who graduated?

I understand where you're coming from and understand certainly there are plenty of other places for him to go- I guess my point is, he graduated, why does it matter where he goes? And not to mention the rule I believe only applies to football, mbb and baseball. Could be wrong on that, but to me that's not fair. A coach can leave whenever he wants. A player in other sports can leave whenever they want, but a football or basketball kid can't? To me that's wrong.

"Understand where you are coming from" too T, and I buy into it except for the IN-CONFERENCE movement. I foresee as many others a dangerous precedent there. Man can you just IMAGINE those conference meetings in the summer- " hey you stole my player, we have a great grad school - you just wanted to beat me this year!!" Could be some doozys....Status quo on this one...

OFC

Last edited:
Is Luke Maye allowed 6.5 steps per lightning quick post move?

I think he may have a European woman's underarm hair on his forehead, above his mysterious brown eyes, also!

Reactions: hart2chesson
HAHAHA

Well you were wrong...I'm sure you have heard that before

First off I'm NOT your "bro"...get that clear and second if you don't think I would say it to your face you are insane

Get your feelings hurt I take it...it's ok life will go on
Sheesh. Going roidal over a joke but someone else's feelings are hurt...

Also hart, I'm not saying what Roy did or didn't do, or how the interest came about between the two parties is right. I'm just saying if you graduated, you should be able to go freely.
Agree 100% kids are given a one year scholarship which is renewed solely at the school"s discretion.Why are the kids held to a higher standard than the school

Agree 100% kids are given a one year scholarship which is renewed solely at the school"s discretion.Why are the kids held to a higher standard than the school

Topps I buy into Coach Cut's argument against the move- you can go anywhere and play just not against our school the very next year....

This scenario on the grad transfer has always been on the books, w/o much fanfare. However since high profile UNC is bucking it and Jay Bilas is out front pleading their case its gotten way out of proportion. Its perfect for Bilas because ESPN is pretty rock solid for UNC and he's fairly tight w/Roy.

OFC

Luke Maye is not Amile Jefferson. On a good team, a national championship team he can provide needed minutes and even a box score stuffer. On a team less talented Luke Maye is going to struggle and will not sniff a double double average IMO.

THIS^^^^. He played on a national title team. ANYTHING he contributed was gravy. No pressure either. If unx has to DEPEND on Luke Maye to step up every game , well , that just doesn't seem like a recipe for success to me but whatever. And I got nuthin' against the kid. God love 'im. But Roy doesn't win games depending on players of Luke's abilities to get the job done. He just doesn't. Anyway ,back to Bradley...

DAwWXu-W0AEMc9s.jpg

Agree its a "good article on the subject," because it gives both sides of the argument. I am glad its not onesided w/only the Bilas rant. Take a breath Jay, your rant is not going to influence K to push fb coach David Cutcliffe to change his mind on the transfer rule. The two are good friends, and have the healthiest relationship of fellow Duke hoops and gridiron coaches in sometime.

Thomas Sirk (Duke qb '15) announced plans to transfer weeks ago deciding on ECU. The only other school he was interested in was South Carolina. Sure Cut restricted him from conference schools and non conf opponents within his rights. However no protests were heard from Thomas- he has familiarity w/staff at ECU and USC,and his heart was set on those schools.

Bilas was silent about the Sirk situation for weeks until the Johnson case emerged. Hes trying to milk the Duke case to gain traction for Johnson's move to UNC. SMH

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT