ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Ellis announcement

jrtplaya

Starter
Feb 25, 2006
Tonight at 10 eastern. I think we've got a great shot at our second commitment.

I think I’ll be in bed by 9 and won’t think twice about it :) That KY game hurt me the next day...

Is boogie that good? I haven't seen him live.
Would be here for multiple years, that's a start.
I don't believe he would contribute much next year, however he should fill the hole that Jordan Tucker left as a multi-year shooter.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Not being a smart ass.. because I’ve not even watched one mixtape of this kid yet.. so, I’m genuinely curious.. why do we want him?

From what I’ve read, he’s a 6’2” combo/SG.. I personally am not a fan of PG sized players that aren’t true PG’s.. unless they are Allen Iverson or Steph Curry skill level... Frank Jackson was the last player we got that was a PG sized combo guard (and frank was a good bit stronger than what Ellis looks like) - and Frank didn’t seem to like his role at Duke... but then there is Nolan Smith, who flourished at Duke as a PG sized combo guard.. and Seth Curry had a good Duke career (would have been much better without injuries)..

Is Boogie a lights out 3pt shooter? Or does he have good enough PG skills to start at PG and run the offense like T. Jones (Tre or Tyus)? Or is he an unguardable player that can score like Allen Iverson? What is it that makes us want a 6’2” SG - especially if we are super successful this year with none of our “non-PG” players being under 6’6”.

Again, I’m not trashing the kid or saying I don’t want him.. I’m genuinely asking, because I don’t know anything about him other than he’s a thin 6’2” combo guard.

Thanks for any input to help me understand.. I’ll try to watch some film on him later (if he commits to Duke).

Doesn’t he know I’m old, and that I have to be in bed soon?

"Boogie knights, it's alright, were going to have a party" lol Duke with the Boogie, I meant dance with the Boogie get down.

We need our Boogieman to post about boogie. OFC

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT