ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden working on his game!

Marques is showing he can hit a shot we really didnt have from our true bigs last year. Harry could hit this shot but really didnt play that much, and for all of Amile's positives he never developed the jumper at this range.

OFC

Reactions: dukephysics
Count me in the group that hopes Bolden comes out as a man possessed. That video that has been circulating doesn't exactly get me excited, looked more instructional in nature to me. But I do hope it's a sign that he's taken the coaches advice and his own career goals into account and is top of mind as he goes forward. If he wants to get to the league he has to work his tail off to get his body and mind right. Success should follow bc he does have the tools.

Count me in the group that hopes Bolden comes out as a man possessed. That video that has been circulating doesn't exactly get me excited, looked more instructional in nature to me. But I do hope it's a sign that he's taken the coaches advice and his own career goals into account and is top of mind as he goes forward. If he wants to get to the league he has to work his tail off to get his body and mind right. Success should follow bc he does have the tools.

I think encouragement in that video comes less about how great he looks and maybe more about the fact that he is working. From what people have been saying close to the team, he's worked harder this off-season than he ever has in an off-season. I think last year was the ultimate wake up call for a kid who does have goals and aspirations to be better than what he was. I wouldn't assume All-ACC or anything, but I'm betting with an injury free season, Marques will have a productive and important year for Duke.

I think encouragement in that video comes less about how great he looks and maybe more about the fact that he is working. From what people have been saying close to the team, he's worked harder this off-season than he ever has in an off-season. I think last year was the ultimate wake up call for a kid who does have goals and aspirations to be better than what he was. I wouldn't assume All-ACC or anything, but I'm betting with an injury free season, Marques will have a productive and important year for Duke.
So exactly what I said? Reading comprehension is your friend.

Reactions: dukehokie

Agreed

And I'd say this may be first time in his life anyone in athletics has made him work for anything

Reactions: dukehokie
You two still not getting along? If both of you would have showed up to the Wrestling Bash last weekend, this wouldn't be happening. Please get along gentlemen.

I tell ya, those two will have to settle their differences in the squared circle. Never knew mods to have issues w/one another like these two, lol.... OFC

this-shit-again-its-getting-old.jpg

Reactions: DukeDenver
If he can be a commanding force down low especially on the glass it will be a huge gauge on how far Duke can go this year. I'm hoping for 25 solid min a game.

Especially if Bagley doesn't come.

Especially if Bagley doesn't come.
Duke hoops instagram with a great montage of Bolden #Boldenisgiingtobeaproblem is the hash tag . Duke is doing their part to promote him and it appears Ques is honoring his end.

Bolden has physical tools galore....the kind of tools you can't teach or learn. I sure hope his hard work and dedication pays off. For Duke to be really good next season we're going to need a lot from Marques.

Reactions: christophero
Is this something that the Duke coaching staff set up or endorses? Or is it on his time and effort? Really want him to come on the court like a man-on-fire. Looking forward to the next season!

So Bolden works his butt off to become... The first big off the bench if Bagley comes.

Reactions: christophero
So Bolden works his butt off to become... The first big off the bench if Bagley comes.
If 2 freshman are starting the 4/5 over him, than he should have no one to blame but himself IMO.
I backed Bolden all year last season, but "working his butt off" news does nothing for me, he plays for Duke and has a great chance to make millions of dollars, if he's doing anything other than working his butt off, there is an issue.

Last edited:
If 2 freshman are starting the 4/5 over him, than he should have no one to blame but himself IMO.
I backed Bolden all year last season, but "working his butt off" news does nothing for me, he plays for Duke and has a great chance to make millions of dollars, if he's doing anything other than working his butt off, there is an issue.
I am sure he is working to stay relevant, hope he is working for self-respect.

Geez. Seems like good news, yet somehow it still devolves into negativity. Way to keep it real...ly cynical.

Reactions: J-Rye_UL
If Bagley comes he can slide to the three . Nobody can guard him at the 4 or three . 5 he still needs some strength. Do you guys know that he has not picked up a weight yet!! yikes if he gets stronger.

Sounds at least like he's not coming into camp out of shape like Sheed one year.

OFC

I wasn't being negative just was making a point of how talented the bigs would be.

If Bolden plays to his ability and Javin makes that Soph jump, it's going to be fun to watch K rotated the bigs. Carter/Bagley/Bolden/Javin (and Vrank). Geez

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT