ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest sports upset you've ever witnessed.

Not in my lifetime, but watched it on YouTube: NC State with David Thompson beats UCLA for college basketball.

Miracle on Ice, Appalachian State over Michigan are the biggest ever imo.

Before my time, I was 2 years old when Duke beat UNLV in 1991. Def. the greatest upset for everyone here.;)

Yeah, I was 15 and staying at Opryland hotel in Nashville during the game. Don’t think my parents had ever gotten a noise complaint in their life. They sure did that night as I was going nuts. Will never forget that night and game.

Reactions: pisgah101
I'm going to 'twist' Sky's thread title just a little. The "biggest" sport upset I've seen (biggest meaning most important to me) was the Duke/UNLV semi-final game. UNLV was a juggernaut, having destroyed us a year earlier in the championship game by 30. And by the time we got another chance at them (they had won 45 or 46 straight). They were dominate. We had our hands more than full (even though I believed). UNLV didn't play badly in that loss, it's just that Duke wasn't intimidated, and we hung with them...something they weren't used to. It was an incredible game, and of course led to us finally getting our first championship.

OFC

I'm going to 'twist' Sky's thread title just a little. The "biggest" sport upset I've seen (biggest meaning most important to me) was the Duke/UNLV semi-final game. UNLV was a juggernaut, having destroyed us a year earlier in the championship game by 30. And by the time we got another chance at them (they had won 45 or 46 straight). They were dominate. We had our hands more than full (even though I believed). UNLV didn't play badly in that loss, it's just that Duke wasn't intimidated, and we hung with them...something they weren't used to. It was an incredible game, and of course led to us finally getting our first championship.

OFC

Got to go with the Duke/UNLV game also. OFC

Got to go with the Duke/UNLV game also. OFC

When asked if anyone could beat UNLV Quin Buckners response was "yea, if you lock them in their gym, nail their shoes to the floor" and some other ridiculous stuff. In other words Quin thought Duke or anyone else had no chance against the Running Rebels.

I was there when Gordon Hayward made the greatest shot in NCAA basketball history and little ol' Butler beat the dominant Duke Blue Devils..oh wait he missed, and Duke won the title. Phew.

That shot still hasn’t gone in!

I have to say the one that shocked me most was us over UNLV. I can remember the miracle on ice, but I was like 15 or so, and didn't really care much about it then

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT