ADVERTISEMENT

Big Mark Williams will start at the 5

jamsession3

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 4, 2005
It was just a quick game, but that kid wants to play close to the rim. Tape has experience, but I can't see Mark not starting at the 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
Agreed.

Roach-Steward-Johnson-Hurt-Williams is my early starting five.

Goldwire may not start, but will be top three in minutes played.

Agreed.

I agree with your front court but I don’t see K starting two freshmen in the backcourt.. Moore and/or Goldwire will be starting.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Yeah i think four spots are pretty much locked up to start the season. The fifth spot i really don’t know. Perhaps it’ll be Williams, maybe Tape. Really up in the air.

Agreed.

I think it’ll be tough to keep Hurt, JJ and Moore off the floor, so I’d expect them to lead in mpg.

Goldwire will definitely get his share of minutes but i think a lot depends on how Roach progresses.

Yeah i think four spots are pretty much locked up to start the season. The fifth spot i really don’t know. Perhaps it’ll be Williams, maybe Tape. Really up in the air.
Do not know who will start but imo I expect the minutes played to be about equally

I think Mark Williams starts more games than he doesn’t start. However, I do think we see A LOT of lineups with JJ at the 4 and Hurt at the 5.
Roach/Goldwire
Steward/Goldwire
Moore/Baker
JJ/Brakefield
Hurt

Whatever combo K goes with, we will be nearly impossible to stop offensively.

Williams and Tape seem to compliment each other perfectly. Williams seems to be aggressive; if he gets in foul trouble (which he will) we can go to Tape or go small. Tape seemed steady and fundamentally sound, if a little slow.

Reactions: DukeNation12
^^Already posted in another thread but worth noting again the versality of this years team.

When's the last time Duke had 5-6 legit ball handlers on a team?? Who can either initiate offense or grab a board and make something happen. A lot of playmakers on this years team!!

Roach/JGold/DJ/Moore/Jalen/JBrake

He definitely looks better than I thought. he is very aggressive in attacking the rim. He is wiry but strong; and not afraid of contact. Definitely impressed. And Tape is the perfect back up; steady and fundamentally sound. We could be special this year.

Reactions: DukeNation12
I saw lottery because he’s 7’0 can run and bring energy. Think Clint Capela. That’s the NBA type center that everyone is looking for

Agree with this. In the small clip we saw of Mark I can already see an emotional difference night and day to say Bolden.
Would love to see Mark in a Duke uni year 2 but he might show enough to be a one and done. Really good size 7 240. Long/athletic/plays hard. Great hands and finisher. Will be interesting to see how much he is able to anchor Dukes defense this season.
Him paired with Paolo would be bananas!!

Is Mark Williams a banger? We need bangers. If not is Tape a banger. We need at least one banger. Two bangers would be great but we have to have o

Reactions: christophero
We will need all 10 fouls that Williams and Tape can give us when we play North Carolina. They will be better this year, and they are big in the frontcourt.

Reactions: skysdad
I am really curious to see how Williams/Tape at the 5 plays out. They seem like a perfect combo. Tape experienced and solid and Williams talented and athletic but green.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT