ADVERTISEMENT

Best Online Sports Sites?

SoCal_Dukie3

Cameron Crazy
Jul 8, 2017
East Coast & West Coast
ESPN officially sucks to me. I've used their site for years, and while I've tried to hang in there and continue visiting, I've officially given up. It's usually all Lebron, all NBA, with some political crap mixed in. I'd love to find a good, well-rounded sports site that isn't obsessed with the NBA and leaves politics out of sports (at least most of the time).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

All those sexual harrasment claims are hurtin ESPN

ESPN officially sucks to me. I've used their site for years, and while I've tried to hang in there and continue visiting, I've officially given up. It's usually all Lebron, all NBA, with some political crap mixed in. I'd love to find a good, well-rounded sports site that isn't obsessed with the NBA and leaves politics out of sports (at least most of the time).

Any suggestions? Thanks!
NBA.com

Not a site, but the mobile app "Score" is amazing, will give you any sports update an hour before any other sports app.

ESPN is the only site that has comprehensive coverage with video. I've tried using CBS sports and the like, and it's just not comprehensive. The NCAA's site sucks as well. For stats I use https://www.sports-reference.com/

As jwill stated, there are apps that are great for minute by minute things.

We should start a DI show. I say it should be called OFC'S at the Roundtable. It will be done with 2 shows, one at 8am and second show at 5pm. That way in between shows they can get their power nap, potted meat sandwiches with fried okra, then they'll be charged back up for evening show. No beans, please.

Reactions: skysdad
Yea I never watch the lebron network (ESPN) unless Duke is playing. It is complete garbage now.

Reactions: Laettshow
I am always confused by people who bitch about ESPN being totally political. Like, I just pulled up their main page, and as I scrolled down nearly as far as it could go the only even vaguely political story I could find is one about North and South Korea marching together at the Olympics.

I cannot help but people who are convinced that ESPN is absolutely nothing but politics are being awfully... I don't know... snowflakey? Like... oh no, they are discussing that black athletes are kneeling. So what? Most of what is on ESPN is just games. Watch those. If you DON'T like a show discussing something, then mute it or turn the channel for a few minutes. They'll talk about something else shortly. But trying to act like ESPN is some giant political animal that doesn that has ceased covering sports is just weak.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people hate ESPN lately. I don't have any problems at all with them. Yeah, there are a lot of articles on there that don't interest me, so I don't read them, but I don't know of anywhere better to get scores, or look up info on specific teams. And on nights when there is just nothing on TV that interests me, I can sit and watch sportscenter all night. I don't really care for many of the other offerings like outside the lines, first take, or much of any others, but I enjoy watching spoetscanter.

For basketball, I strongly recommend guru_gary.thr

That's the best. It's where I get all my inside info and the reason I'm leading in the pick em contest. The only ones I've changed are the Duke games. OFC

We should start a DI show. I say it should be called OFC'S at the Roundtable. It will be done with 2 shows, one at 8am and second show at 5pm. That way in between shows they can get their power nap, potted meat sandwiches with fried okra, then they'll be charged back up for evening show. No beans, please.

LOL Mac. Will you be the moderator. Can you just imagine the crap coming down. I would like some fried oysters and sausage balls on that menu. OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
NBA.com

Not a site, but the mobile app "Score" is amazing, will give you any sports update an hour before any other sports app.
Yeah the Score is the best thing for sports. I still go to ESPN and other sites to look up stats and things, but if your just wanting news and score updates, use the Score app.

I'm an ESPN.com regular and probably check it four or five times per day. There isn't another site out there that comes close to their comprehensive coverage.

But, they have their downfalls too. I just try and avoid the things that don't interest me. They clearly focus on the NBA a lot, and probably more than they have to, but I like the NBA.....so it doesn't bother me. I can't stand Jemele Hill....so I don't watch her. Unfortunately, I've always liked Michael Smith, but not even he can make watching her enjoyable.

Do they get too political sometimes? Yes, they do. And they clearly have a slant that alienates a lot of people. Their numbers are suffering because of it. It doesn't really matter to me (because again, I just ignore it and don't read) because I go there to get my sports fix.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT