ADVERTISEMENT

Battle 4 Atlantis...still on?

Really hope it happens. It's a great field and will give Duke a couple nice early season tests and resume building opportunities.

Would love to see this happen! Hope it still stays on. Bubble basketball has been pretty effective in the NBA. Don’t see why it couldn’t work at the college level as well.

I’m almost positive he is a Grad-transfer and can play immediately
Recent ESPN article about transfers: "There's a chance O'Connell graduates early and is able to play next season, but for now we'll keep him among the sit-outs. Reputation as a high-level shooter out of high school but had an inconsistent career in Durham."

It will be interesting to see if a sophomore Boogie Ellis is better than our freshman guards.
He shot 33% last year from the floor while averaging 8 ppg and 1.5 apg (for a guard that is very low.) I definitely think K did right by bringing in Cassius over Boogie and Duke did well there. But if Boogie becomes a 3 or 4 year guy, it could hurt down the road.

Hopefully we stay in as we could use some early tests. But if it's a safety thing it's understandable.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
It would be awesome to get a handful of other big time programs along with some HBCU's to play in a Duke bubble. I am skeptical, however, that Duke would be able to convince other major programs to agree to travel to and play multiple games at Duke. I'm thinking it will more than likely be a bunch of small schools for Duke to play in December.

So we would have the Champions Classic bubble, ACC/Big Ten bubble, Duke bubble, and then ACC bubble for a slightly more condensed regular season.

Reactions: christophero
Was hoping Duke would play in the Battle for Atlantis Tournament, but this is pretty darn cool also! A win win no matter what Duke decides to do!

Reactions: christophero
Duke said

GrossDentalIlladopsis-size_restricted.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT