ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Down 7-1 to Campbell in elimination game.
One more win in ACC tournament or not losing Ga Tech series and this regional would have been in Durham.
Hate it for the team .

That is fantastic, baseball team has done tremendous this year. Congrats to them. For anyone in the know, do we stand a chance against Georgia?
In one game, sure. Sweeping a double dip will be tough. UGA is really good, but anything is possible. Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: PixelDevil
Three outs away from taking those 2 games against Georgia.

Wow! What a way to end the game! What a year for this team!!! On the way to the CWS! See you in Lubbock!!!!

Last edited:
Talk about getting knocked to the mat and exploding back up. This run could have all the makings of a 30 for 30. Let's go Duke!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Chris Pollard should get attention now for National Coach of the year!!! He didnt get COY in ACC-UNC sportswriters selected Mike Fox. These Devils have OVERACHIEVED!!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad and Dukeman
Ok, so I know nothing about baseball, much less college baseball. They play 2 games in 1 day?

It's essentially double elimination. Duke came into the game with 1 loss and Georgia had none. Therefore, Georgia had to lose twice, but only had to win once because of our previous loss. So the first Duke win today gave both teams 1 loss and the second game was winner-take-all. If Georgia won the first game, then the second would not have taken place. They did the double header due to scheduling restraints.

Hopefully that made sense, haha.

Games in Lubbock and I live in Odessa so I’m looking in to going. Anyone know what ticket prices usually look like for this game and when/where I can buy them?

Reactions: ttk2002 and skysdad
It's essentially double elimination. Duke came into the game with 1 loss and Georgia had none. Therefore, Georgia had to lose twice, but only had to win once because of our previous loss. So the first Duke win today gave both teams 1 loss and the second game was winner-take-all. If Georgia won the first game, then the second would not have taken place. They did the double header due to scheduling restraints.

Hopefully that made sense, haha.
It made sense, but it doesn’t make sense why they do it like that. Weird system, but I’m glad we won!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT