ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball is back

Glad baseball is back. Go Yankees!!! That is the Stanton I want to see this year, homerun in his first at bat!!!!!
OFC

Nice and smooth swing. Is it just me or do the home run balls seem to be going farther in empty stadiums. The home runs the Yanks hit during the three games with the Mets were monsters. OFC

Stanton and Judge looked in great form, but man I believe opposing pitchers have figured out that if you throw sliders on the outside of the plate, you can strike Sanchez out every at bat. I can't believe that he doesn't realize that. He seems to go through stretches where he can't lay off the slider. But hey GO YANKEES!!! I am a big yankee fan!!!!!
OFC

Reactions: dbav
Stanton and Judge looked in great form, but man I believe opposing pitchers have figured out that if you throw sliders on the outside of the plate, you can strike Sanchez out every at bat. I can't believe that he doesn't realize that. He seems to go through stretches where he can't lay off the slider. But hey GO YANKEES!!! I am a big yankee fan!!!!!
OFC

He goes for that pitch everytime and until he learns how to stop swinging at it if I'm pitching to him that's the only pitch he's seeing. OFC

Reactions: bobcrane14
Dr. Anthony Fauci is 79 years old, respected, smart, healthy, etc etc. Please forgive me for saying the obvious. If you are throwing out the first pitch, you must toss the ball in the general direction of the catcher.

Dr. Anthony Fauci is 79 years old, respected, smart, healthy, etc etc. Please forgive me for saying the obvious. If you are throwing out the first pitch, you must toss the ball in the general direction of the catcher.

It is my understanding that he was an excellent basketball player in his youth.

A fun Braves/Mets game this afternoon. Down to the final strike, Ozuna hit a HR to tie the game for the Braves, and they won in the 10th. I love starting extra innings with a runner on 2nd base

Reactions: finisher1225
I'm glad that my Fauci post wasn't considered offensive. He ran to the mound like an athlete. There are so many comical first pitches that it makes me shake my head. Let the celebrity take a bow and let someone else throw the ball

Reactions: Fourteen44
I'm glad that my Fauci post wasn't considered offensive. He ran to the mound like an athlete. There are so many comical first pitches that it makes me shake my head. Let the celebrity take a bow and let someone else throw the ball

Yea it was pretty bad lol, former athlete or no athlete.....

Yankees took the first two games of the series against the Red Sox. Rather significant in a sixty games regular season

Reactions: dbav
The Braves are looking good. Toussant started last night and gave them four scoreless innings. Soroka and Fried are pitching well. They need at least one more reliable starter

Reactions: hart2chesson
Unfortunately, I don't think this season is gonna last much longer.

hart2 chesson, I didn't see it, but I read that Soroka suffered an Achilles tear. He's only 23. Very strange

hart2 chesson, I didn't see it, but I read that Soroka suffered an Achilles tear. He's only 23. Very strange

ged it was bad I am afraid. Just pushing off his right foot racing to on a defensive play, it was a freak yet costly injury. Brutal to watch as he could out no weight on it leaving field...Mike's our ace and was off to great start! OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
An encouraging night for the Braves. Toussaint pitched brilliantly, and Markakis returned to the team after opting out and hit a game-winning HR. Braves win 4-3. Record improves to 9-5

I'm a stupid, uninformed fan. A trade between the Cubs and Braves seems to have some merit. The Braves could trade Riley and Camargo for Kris Bryant at 3B, and a reliever or two for Starting Pitcher Carlos Quintana

I'm a stupid, uninformed fan. A trade between the Cubs and Braves seems to have some merit. The Braves could trade Riley and Camargo for Kris Bryant at 3B, and a reliever or two for Starting Pitcher Carlos Quintana

BRAVES need starting pitching with Soroka going down. OFC

I think that teams can carry 28 players this season. Makes it easier to grab three extra relievers. You don't need a starter to eat innings

A great Sunday for the Braves. Two wins in six hours at Philadelphia. All relievers in the first seven innings game of the double-header. And Max Fried pitches five shutout innings in game 2 Sunday to push his record to 3-0

A great Sunday for the Braves. Two wins in six hours at Philadelphia. All relievers in the first seven innings game of the double-header. And Max Fried pitches five shutout innings in game 2 Sunday to push his record to 3-0

ged you enjoyed that as much as I did! Terrific pitching as you noted, and Ronald Acuna really busted out hitting!!! OFC

Max Fried with another great performance. 6.1 innings, scoreless, no decision. He knows how to pitch. Left handed. Throws strikes. Pickoff when he really needed it

Max Fried with another great performance. 6.1 innings, scoreless, no decision. He knows how to pitch. Left handed. Throws strikes. Pickoff when he really needed it

Badly needed win stopped 4 game skid.Fried is relentless, and his pick-off move is dynamite! OFC

Well I guess last year wasn't a fluke for the the Yankee's after all. With Judge, Stanton, LeMahieu, Britton and now Torres and Paxton all injured again. The Yankee's are in real trouble. I don't know if the next man up can work agian for them, but I hope so!!!!
OFC

I believe that the Yankees are fine. They're off to a great start, and have a nice cushion. They have good depth. The nagging injuries to Judge are a concern for his career

No subway series this weekend as the mets test positive for covid-19. Perhaps some double-headers next weekend as the Yankees host the Mets

I don't recall the Braves having such a deep bullpen. Another rally from down 0-4 to a walk off 6-5 win against the Phillies

Well it looks like my Yankees are not going to survive all the injuries this year like they did last year. We may not even make the playoffs this year because we can't seem to beat anybody now!!!
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Well it looks like my Yankees are not going to survive all the injuries this year like they did last year. We may not even make the playoffs this year because we can't seem to beat anybody now!!!
OFC

It went down hill quick. OFC

I hope you are right Ged, they are only up 2 games for the last playoff spot. They have sure got to find someone they can beat.
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT