ADVERTISEMENT

Barrett no longer number one recruit

appears that RJ is no longer the number one recruit What are we gonna do?He is being replaced by some guy named Cam Reddish.Any info as to where he is going
Which service? I'm assuming 247 or ESPN, because Rivals and Scout still have RJ number 1.

I remember a couple of fellas talking earlier this season about him possibly becoming the #1 player. ;)

It is so hard to figure out how his game will translate to the next level. There's virtually no defense being played and he is so much taller than anyone else. I do like his size and would like to see him take advantage of it. I guess I'm old fashioned.

Is he a true 6-8? If so, K will want to use him like Tatum as stretch 4.

Cam has a nice stroke from deep. Will be nice to have that stretch 4 again. Not as good as Ingram in low post but a much better outside shooter.

I won't go for the " he only plays against short players" with this kid. He plays good vs anybody, kids a damn scoring machine.

I'd hope both Cam and RJ can def bc Tre can and it would be great to have players invested in both ends of the court for their OAD year

After watching that vid some things really stood out.
- his ball handling skills are very good
- his build reminds me of Tatum
- he has a quick second jump

Reddish and Barrett are 1A and 1B.

Had Bagley not reclassified, just 'wow' at the sheer eliteness of it all.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I don't care about recruiting championships, just like I didn't when Kensucky won them.

Hopefully this means actual championships.
The three guys coming in have great to good vision and share the ball well. Gosh I’m hoping Trevon stays around. This will likely be a very clever offense.

The concern, as usual with lottery pick teams, will be on defense. We’ll be long and quick again, but will these young bucks “get it” on D? We’ll see.

Tre has shown that he D up so I would imagine that will translate into his time at Duke.
RJ has clips of him swatting away shots
Cam has the physical tools

In each case do they commit to on the ball, man defending enough to exert energy on that end bc it does take away from energy on the offensive side.

Reactions: Quavarius
I don't care about recruiting championships, just like I didn't when Kensucky won them.

Hopefully this means actual championships.

I care about none of that. What I want is for our starting five to all get drafted in the first round. Because that would be the greatest day in the history of Duke's program.

RJ Barrett is back to #1 on all 4 of the big sites (247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN.)
Rj (Monteverde) plays Nasir Little (Orlando Prep) today at 5:30 PM EST on ESPN 2. Duke commit versus UNC commit, probably will be guarding each other too.

RJ and Nassir both performed well. But it doesn’t take much to see that Montverde is vastly superior to Orlando Christian Prep.

Serious question. Do the basketball players at places like Montverde receive good academic training? Or is it basically survival skills for passing college classes and prep for making acceptable test scores? I am curious as to what Montverde gets out of it.

RJ and Nassir both performed well. But it doesn’t take much to see that Montverde is vastly superior to Orlando Christian Prep.

From what I'm hearing Nassir maybe the best high school player to come along since Lew Alcindor. Since he committed to unc his stock has blown the roof through the ceiling. Probably will end up being in the top 50 NBA players ever. OFC

From what I'm hearing Nassir maybe the best high school player to come along since Lew Alcindor. Since he committed to unc his stock has blown the roof through the ceiling. Probably will end up being in the top 50 NBA players ever. OFC
False. You're forgetting about a certain power forward who has redefined basketball and eyebrow grooming.

Serious question. Do the basketball players at places like Montverde receive good academic training? Or is it basically survival skills for passing college classes and prep for making acceptable test scores? I am curious as to what Montverde gets out of it.
From my understanding Montverde has educator(s) that travel with the team. They’re taught while on the road. Have you glanced at the schedule they have??? I talked with the head coach over a Christmas and he said when they’re in China playing the schedule is tough with balancing school, practice, and games.

Reactions: DukeDenver

Saw a quote awhile back Roy wants him to be in the pinson role. Guess he’ll be top 50 after 4 years at unc

I guess no unx recruits attend Monteverde?? Looks like they have to get their schoolwork in too.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Does anyone know if you could go to those schools( Monteverde, Findlay Prep, Oak Hill, Mater Dei) for just strictly academics?

Does anyone know if you could go to those schools( Monteverde, Findlay Prep, Oak Hill, Mater Dei) for just strictly academics?
You can, Montverde for example is a boarding school, meaning you live there.
Just looked it up, for 52K a year, you can attend Montverde Academy.
Makes sense why most attendees are on scholarship.

Reactions: Dad2ze
You can, Montverde for example is a boarding school, meaning you live there.
Just looked it up, for 52K a year, you can attend Montverde Academy.
Makes sense why most attendees are on scholarship.
Oh okay thanks for the info. I was always curious about that because you just hear about those schools in regards to basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT