ADVERTISEMENT

Barrett another month....

Yep. This from a scout...

"RJ is a special talent," Sbiet told TDD. "The best Canadian prospect I have ever seen (been doing this 10+ years) due to his combination of the following elements: mental, physical and skill set. At 6'7, RJ ultimately has the ability to play 1, 2, 3 spots at NCAA & NBA level, and defend all three positions. RJ has developed a reputation for being a potent scorer, so much that, his elite passing ability is sometimes overlooked. He brings leadership, character, grit & the IT factor to any team. He has the making of an NBA superstar. Mentally, he is a lion, thanks to such a strong pedigree coming from his father Rowan Sr, a former PRO & class act. From a basketball standpoint, he is an all around player---attacks the rim relentlessly, strong lefty, proven to be unstoppable to date. Can shoot it and pass it, and working on expanding range, but can certainly make you pay from the perimeter as well, when he gets going. Biggest area of improvement is overall shooting ability. It wouldn't be wise to sag off defensively, but if you had to pick your poison, it would have to be attempting to take away his drive. Has take over ability, as he has shown at the highest level (U19 World Champ MVP). Overall, regardless of the team you put him on, that team has a good chance at competing for NCAA National title."

I know it's been said over and over but Tre, Cam and RJ would be ridiculous. The depth of Alex, and both Jordan's would be solid too.

Just need more front court. Vrank, Javin, Jack but really need another big.

There is some talk that Duke is in the very early stages with EJ Montgomery if Zion goes elsewhere.

landing RJ would be awesome and def another big to add to the fold or maybe carter or bolden surprises us

Reactions: hart2chesson
The fact that he set an announcement date is good news for us. From everything I've followed, the longer it dragged on, the worse it could get for us. We look to be in fantastic shape.

Reactions: hart2chesson
The fact that he set an announcement date is good news for us. From everything I've followed, the longer it dragged on, the worse it could get for us. We look to be in fantastic shape.
Yes sir. I like our chances! Getting Marvin Bagley this year and getting RJ for next year is amazing because both are talents that don’t come along too often in the game.

Same day as our opener against Elon. Coincidence? Do a lot of other teams open on that same day? When do UK and Oregon open?

Bolden is more of a shot blocker and a guy that alter shots than a stud rebounder. If you go after shots you are not in position to get rebounds. You need someone else to clean up the boards.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
I’ll buy ice cream for the whole board if Bolden averages 7.5 rebounds/game.

I actually think Grayson has a better chance to score 30/night and there’s no chance of that, IMO.

I like ice cream.

Reactions: dukiejay
Sometimes, when people throw out projected averages, they need to look at the actual averages of players in Duke history to see if said averages are realistic. Around 7-8 boards a game would be Brian Zoubeks senior year, Elton Brands freshman year... its nearly Jah levels.

I’ll buy every flavor.

Sometimes, when people throw out projected averages, they need to look at the actual averages of players in Duke history to see if said averages are realistic. Around 7-8 boards a game would be Brian Zoubeks senior year, Elton Brands freshman year... its nearly Jah levels.

Exactly. That, and 7.5 rebounds/game is considered outstanding in college. Marques just isn’t a very good rebounder. I’d be thrilled to see him get five per game....and that might be a long shot.

I’ll buy every flavor.

Exactly. That, and 7.5 rebounds/game is considered outstanding in college. Marques just isn’t a very good rebounder. I’d be thrilled to see him get five per game....and that might be a long shot.
I find it the same with assists projections. Often times we get a PG and people will say he will average 7-8 assists easy and then you realize how insanely difficult that is for college.

Either way I am hopeful Bolden first takes a major step forward from last year and that he can prove a solid low post scorer and can give us 20mpg of continuous effort.

I find it the same with assists projections. Often times we get a PG and people will say he will average 7-8 assists easy and then you realize how insanely difficult that is for college.

Either way I am hopeful Bolden first takes a major step forward from last year and that he can prove a solid low post scorer and can give us 20mpg of continuous effort.

YES. People project guys will average numbers that Bobby Hurley didn't touch until his senior year.

I think people maybe just don't quite get the numbers... like, what guys actually average... and instead sort of create an idealized version?

I think a lot of people who make these projections do not factor in how deep the team is and how depth affects playing time a player can be expected to get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT