ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti arrested, Nike involved (liberals heads explode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One time I was in Subway getting a sandwich and I saw this woman who just had to be like 97 years old reading "Fifty Shades Darker". I introduced myself, obviously.
Hahahahaha.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Wait, never mind. I believe you. No pics please.

The real winner of this thread is @LetsGoDuke301

But, it’s gotten off track.

What is everyone’s favorite amendment and why?

My favorite is the one that guarantees the rest

Are you hinting that you believe the 2nd is the most important amendment?

To clarify:

Many countries have guns. Only three in the world have a constitutional amendment giving the citizens the rights to bear arms: the US, Mexico, and Guatemala. Yet somehow most of the countries like ours, in terms of economics and the rest, are perfectly free, even though they do not have an constitutional right to bear arms. And I don’t think that constitutional right has ever been used in any meaningful way to actually defend the United States of America and the Constitution (its possible that it turned up a bit in 1812, but otherwise...?). So there is absolutely nothing to support the idea that our constitutional right to bear arms has had a meaningful impact on the rest of our rights, and indeed an entire world of history seems to indicate that it has not made said impact.

On the other hand... the first amendment is the embodiment of Freedom, THE value upon which the United States is built. The freedom of religion, the freedom of speech, the freedom to petition the government, the freedom to assemble, the freedom of the press... these were constitutional rights... indeed, essential freedoms... largely unheard of in the world until the birth of our great Nation. And it is our Nation and our people that upheld and spread this value, holding the American banner high, including through untold sacrifices, to billions around the world, for the betterment of said world. We are the beacon of hope, the shining example of Freedom, in world history.

The 13th amendment is another American embodiment of Freedom, this time taken as a conscious act of a nation and again made possible by unimaginable sacrifice. The 13th awoke our nation from what was, ultimately, an immoral, unholy, and frankly unAmerican nightmare, giving literal freedom and actually the rights to be and of an American to four million people who lived in bondage... not figurative bondage, but literal bondage... in our very nation. It was the most important moment in undoing the most horrible blight on our National soul.

And you think the 2nd amendment is the most important one?

I could not disagree more.

Last edited:
I really don’t care about anything you say like at all lol you turn everything into a big debate that nobody really cares to get into. I don’t even read your mush when it comes to anything outside of basketball so you could do us a favor and not type a novel

Reactions: PixelDevil
That’s a pretty cowardly dodge, Pisgah, especially since you brought up politics to start.

Thread is getting back on track, just as I have foreseen.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Not cowardly at all I’m not going to ever change your mind and that’s not my goal. I can’t change a depraved soul

A depraved soul who thinks Freedom is a key American value?! Who actually *gasp* dared point out that countries don’t need a constitutional amendment to own guns to have the same rights that we do?

Jesus, you are a puss. You know that if you read that you will have NOTHING to say, so you just run away. Go ahead, kid. Run.

A depraved soul who thinks Freedom is a key American value?! Who actually *gasp* dared point out that countries don’t need a constitutional amendment to own guns to have the same rights that we do?

Jesus, you are a puss. You know that if you read that you will have NOTHING to say, so you just run away. Go ahead, kid. Run.
tenor.gif

If political views were Kentucky, the opposing parties views would be Duke. It gets people super fired up!

I really don’t care about anything you say like at all lol you turn everything into a big debate that nobody really cares to get into. I don’t even read your mush when it comes to anything outside of basketball so you could do us a favor and not type a novel
Pisgah I’m not sure why you are so worked up. Duke is playing in the Sweet 16 on Friday. Everything should be good on this board.

Reactions: pisgah101

Come on dude is that all you got? I’ve been called a girl and a kid by Ipsy. Funny I put you both in the sane category on here

Edit wouldn’t saying the P word be against your liberal agenda???

What he does when he’s proved the moron he is...1 word replies or nothing.

Last edited:
Come on dude is that all you got? I’ve been called a girl and a kid by Ipsy. Funny I put you both in the sane category on here

Edit wouldn’t saying the P word be against your liberal agenda???

To summarize:

Thread starts with some political BS, which is not supposed to happen.

Someone says "Let's not make this political."

You proceed to make a bunch of political comments, even after folks say "Wait, let's not make this political" a number of times.

It dies down, but then you can't help yourself when someone jokingly asks about amendments.

Then, when someone actually responds to you about what YOU said, you whine in a grammatically painful post about not wanting to listen to someone when they type too many words because... I don't know, maybe reading is hard for you.

And you think *I* am the issue?

No, calling you a pussy is perfectly fine. If the shoe fits, you know? No idea what agenda you mean, other than the "saying repeatedly that this isn't a political topic and that people shouldn't be getting all political, pointing out a bit of science, and then pointing out what a clueless dimwit you are about the United States, our Constitution, and the world" agenda.

But that's a LOT of words, and is another post pointing out what a moron you are, so Pis, lemme save you the trouble; "Ahhh troubled mind too many words their is no reason to red it!"

Reactions: pisgah101
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT