ADVERTISEMENT

Attention Matthew Hurt

Just need to grab lamelo ball for pg in case tre leaves and were set.
I'm not sure if you're serious or not about Lamelo. All eligibility issues aside, because I'm not sure if he will even be eligible to play in the NCAA, the dude is a stud.
247Sports has him rated as the #2 PG behind Cole Anthony.

I know that 99% of this board and probably Duke fans everywhere don't want him because of his dad.
The kid was playing professionally overseas, I don't care what you think about him or his family, playing overseas made him a MUCH better basketball player than scoring 50 ppg in California high school ball.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're serious or not about Lamelo. All eligibility issues aside, because I'm not sure if he will even be eligible to play in the NCAA, the dude is a stud.

I know that 99% of this board and probably Duke fans everywhere don't want him because of his dad. But I say screw it....take the most talented PG we can get and figure out the dad situation later.
The kid was playing professionally overseas, I don't care what you think about him or his family, playing overseas made him a MUCH better basketball player than scoring 50 ppg in California high school ball.
I would think if RJ reclassifys and Tre does in fact leave, then RJ more than likely would be our pg next year.

I know that 99% of this board and probably Duke fans everywhere don't want him because of his dad.

Don't want any part of that shit show.

100% joke friend, but i will say he can ball and will be the best of the 3 brothers. I wouldnt want that circus family at duke and I doubt K would

This kid looks super and would be the perfect compliment to Carey and hopefully Bolden down low. I'd love to see this team with Tre leading it. You never know. If these two things come together, or RJ reclasses, we could have a perfect balance of talent and experience.

The combination of Vernon and hurt would be perfect. Vernon goes to the low post a couple times and starts demanding double teams and then kick it out to hurt for a 3 or a little drop off. I think both of them would really benefit from playing with each other

I don’t mind having Ball at all. I don’t think it would be a circus. You’d hear about it constantly from other fans lol. I don’t think it will happen though.

I don’t mind having Ball at all. I don’t think it would be a circus. You’d hear about it constantly from other fans lol. I don’t think it will happen though.
I don't think theirs a chance he will be eligible anyways

The chances of Ball ending up with Duke are the same as the chances of Amy Adams knocking on my door with an apple pie and ice cream.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Chris, you are so right. She is at my place. The pie was great. We never even got around to the I've cream. Well, not in a manner that I can discuss on this board anymore. Come morning, I'll tell her you dsid hi.

Reactions: christophero
Right now Tre seems pretty limited offensively, I’m not sure he is a first rounder right now. Definitely could get a little stronger, tune up a more reliable shooting stroke, and have more video on offensive capabilities for the NBA to chew on. He is a kid that could use an extra year. Tyus had a nice mix of offensive accomplishments on tape that earned him the nickname “stones”. Tre has nothing like that thus far and also shows a propensity to get dinged up with routine college physicality. Pro guys considering an 82 game season won’t like that too much.

Hurt. I’m watching a bunch of video on him and I see a decent prospect but not top 20-30....
He’s pretty skinny for his size kinda like Ingram was but he fits today’s “model pf” meaning one that can shoot from anywhere and he even handles the ball well for his size. He has a ton of potential, also the overall class next year is kinda weak so that could attribute to his ranking. I want him bad though because the dude can score

Hurt. I’m watching a bunch of video on him and I see a decent prospect but not top 20-30....

It kind of depends on the class. I'd say in a traditional class he's probably outside the top 10 and in the teens. but make no mistake, he's really good. Kid can flat out score. Like Ingram, he's skinny....but he's tough and doesn't back down. He reminds me a little bit of Kyle Singler, in that he's not going to back down.

With the Duke staff in attendance the other night, he triple-doubled....with something like 41, 12 and 10. Trust me, he's played against the best players in the country during summer and always managed to stand out.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
It kind of depends on the class. I'd say in a traditional class he's probably outside the top 10 and in the teens. but make no mistake, he's really good. Kid can flat out score. Like Ingram, he's skinny....but he's tough and doesn't back down. He reminds me a little bit of Kyle Singler, in that he's not going to back down.

With the Duke staff in attendance the other night, he triple-doubled....with something like 41, 12 and 10. Trust me, he's played against the best players in the country during summer and always managed to stand out.

Do you like Duke's chances here?

I look at Hurt as a physically stronger Ryan Kelly.
Extremely talented on offense, a liability on defense. Hurt a bigger recruit than Kelly was because Hurt is a much better rebounder too.

We got a comparison to Kelly and to Singler.
How about a cross-race comparison???? OH wait I see someone beat me to it with Brandon Ingram. He's Ingram with a lower ceiling.

Hurt reminds me of TJ Leaf, who had a really good freshman year for UCLA a few years back and went pro.

Do you like Duke's chances here?

Honestly, I don't know much. The Hurt family has really approached this in a business-like sense. They don't show their cards whatsoever.

For some reason, I get the feeling that Kansas has slipped here....and I've thought they were the favorite for the last two years. Locally in Minnesota, there's a couple people who feel Memphis is really strong....I don't know. Duke seems to be going really strong right now at him....recent experience tells me that means they're feeling pretty good about their chances and they're getting good vibes from the family.

Honestly, I don't know much. The Hurt family has really approached this in a business-like sense. They don't show their cards whatsoever.

For some reason, I get the feeling that Kansas has slipped here....and I've thought they were the favorite for the last two years. Locally in Minnesota, there's a couple people who feel Memphis is really strong....I don't know. Duke seems to be going really strong right now at him....recent experience tells me that means they're feeling pretty good about their chances and they're getting good vibes from the family.

So is his bro still going to grad transfer

He doesn't play much. Can't see the Hurt's playing together at Duke because Michael will probably play even less at Duke. He's a small forward. OFC
I totally agree. Hurt to Duke is truly picking up more steam for sure. I love our position and next month he is expected to announce.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT