ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll

jwill133

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2016

Seems about right, like that we’re ahead of Kentucky. Hopefully our guys come in hungry, we’re not gonna have teams beat before the tip-off like some Duke teams of the past
Personally I’d have us 4th behind Baylor, Gonzaga, and Villanova. But oh well, let’s win the ACC and make the Final Four.

Virginia should be loaded. I haven't heard, so all I'm going off of is their roster last season. But, any solid team returning a core of it's talent, in this day and time, will be a handful. No one was hotter than them at the end of last season.

Virginia should be loaded. I haven't heard, so all I'm going off of is their roster last season. But, any solid team returning a core of it's talent, in this day and time, will be a handful. No one was hotter than them at the end of last season.

I like Virginia and would not be shocked if they win another title this season.
The top 4 is pretty locked in. I don't think I've seen a preseason list that didn't have those four at the top.

I like us in the top 10, although where exactly I don't know.

Iowa has Luka Garza, probably the best player in the country, so I can see them in the top 10 although maybe not that high.

I'm a little surprised Kentucky is ranked as low as 10 with the clearing of Olivier Sarr.

All in all, this seems like a wide open year for college basketball.

I guess we'll find out when we play Illinois if that should be our ranking.

It's going to be a strange season. Teams will almost certainly face challenges of being without key player(s) at some point.

Reactions: GillJET
I don't know what it is, but I am not quite as bullish on Virginia as many are. I will fully admit I'm likely wrong there, but they don't jump off the page like a top five team should in my eyes - the way those teams ranked ahead of them do. I know they have the Marquette transfer who is supposed to be a difference maker and likely their best player. Guys like Clark and Huff are solid, but not necessarily elite. I guess the flip side of that coin is that there aren't many teams behind them who are no-brainers either.

Interesting top 10. I'd agree that the top 4 are set. After that it might be interchangeable. Just excited for some Duke basketball finally.

Reactions: christophero
That's a pretty good top 10. You could probably reverse it at some point in the season. Teams seem pretty even. Kentucky will be dangerous with Sarr and the 2 wings.

We have way too many question marks to be top 5. Yes early reports are good but lets see how we do when msu and Illinois come calling. Id rather start out 10th and sneak up on people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT