ADVERTISEMENT

AOC a little bitter after move to Creighton?

My son told me about the comment last night. My first reaction was, who’s this kid kidding. Everyone had confidence in him playing major minutes except him.

An opportunity to get a Grade A education and play at a basketball powerhouse that provides all the facilities, guidance, and support you need to be successful...and you still don't succeed..is on you, no one else. Should have said nothing, maybe the deleting of the tweet was remorse for saying it in the first place.

It's not a terrible comment, but would have been better not said. I'll still root for him. For some reason I mean he is a legacy.

Reactions: christophero
He had every opportunity and really did nothing with it. The right blue and white was probably a little over his head.

I personally don’t give a rat’s azz about anything anyone with the initials AOC has to say.

I am not going to get into politics here, but figured at least one respondent would choose that route with the same initials as AOC (oops), Alex! Lmao.... OFC

Less remember the guy is in his early 20s, things didn't pan out for him at his dream school. He is trying to become a fan favorite at his new program and remake a name for his self.

I still root for AOC. He seems like a hard worker and a good kid.

Reactions: df64
I hope he goes on to great success at Creighton. However, he was given EVERY opportunity to succeed at Duke. It's one thing if the transfer is a case like Semi Ogelye when every single year it just seems like he's being recruited over and he may never get a chance. However.....Alex had a strong chance over his career to play big minutes and maybe even start. The only true SG's we brought in during his time were Gary Trent JR and Cassius Stanley. He never made "the leap" and he never seized his opportunity.

I do not think his role would change this year at Duke. The transfer did not surprise me and I feel if most of us were in his position we would have done the same thing. Yes he did make a pretty stupid tweet. I don't tweet but I do make some stupid post here and other social media. Sometimes I delete them before too many people read them. Sometimes not. Alex deleted his tweet but not before a whole lot of us read it. It was a mistake. No need to keep on and on about it. There is no doubt in my mind that he has the highest respect for Duke and Coach K. It just plain didn't work out at Duke. Wishing him the best. To me he is still a Dukie. OFC

He's a good athlete and a good shooter if confident. Somebody pointed out the haircut. A simple military cut would do wonders. The rare transfer that's best for both parties

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm going to miss Alex's hair. The boy band cuts were positively grand. I think the problem is that he has naturally curly hair that would require straightening to tame. Somewhere in the world is the sad little girl he stole those curls from.
Lol awesome

Reactions: meisperplexed
For the last couple years I’ve said if AOC was in a smaller conference and we played his team, he would be the type of player to drop 25 points against us.. he’s going to have big games and score a lot of points.. but doing that for Creighton doesn’t necessarily mean you’re better than a player averaging 8ppg for Duke.

i wish him the best and would love to see him have multiple career-high games with his new team.

"Less remember the guy is in his early 20s, things didn't pan out for him at his dream school. He is trying to become a fan favorite at his new program and remake a name for his self."

Great point. These are kids feeling their way along. I shudder when I think of my way of thinking at that age. Scary!

Reactions: DukeNation12
^^definitely all great points. Wish AOC well! Let’s be honest if Wendell went pro he may still be here but things worked out for both!

Duke will be really deep next season.

He’s 21-22 right? Don’t love it but doesn’t cause me to lose any sleep at night. It was a dumb emotional tweet that he took back, no harm no foul.

Reactions: hart2chesson
AOC never learned to play pg or gained the weight to be a wf. He made the best decision.

Defense is not emphasized at Creighton. Good destination for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT