ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Nembhard

tp394

All Conference
Oct 26, 2018
I’m sure some of you have heard that Duke has been in contact with the Florida transfer who averaged 11.2pts, 3rebs, and 5.6asts. Adam Zagoria has said that he’s hearing buzz around Duke and Gonzaga. Most likely would have to sit out a year. He definitely would be a nice get but most likely will effect Kennedy Chandlers decision so it’s a tricky situation.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Nembhard is at least 6'4". He is a good, unselfish player. If he commits to playing two seasons, I believe that he is a better prospect than Chandler.

Chandler is only 5'11" with a slight frame. Chandler is currently ranked #13, and that seems too high to me. He has good quickness, but he is not fast from end to end.

Reactions: christophero
Nembhard would be a great get. He would have a year to work on his jumper as well. I'd take a 3rd year junior starter from an SEC school over anyone not a top 5 point guard.

Reactions: skysdad
Nembhard would be a great get. He would have a year to work on his jumper as well. I'd take a 3rd year junior starter from an SEC school over anyone not a top 5 point guard.

The more I hear about him the more I want to see him at Duke. OFC

No thanks.

Jonathan Kuminga Just reclassified. If he plays college ball, let’s make sure we spend that last scholarship on him and get him to Duke.

No thanks.

Jonathan Kuminga Just reclassified. If he plays college ball, let’s make sure we spend that last scholarship on him and get him to Duke.
That ship has sailed. Imo at this point Duke/UK is in it just to have to have the big boys on the table when he commits. Most likely it’s the G-league tho

Reactions: geddoughton23
No thanks.

Duke has 11 scholarships committed to recruited players.

Patrick Tape
Jordan Goldwire
Joey Baker
Wendell Moore
Matthew Hurt

Jalen Johnson
Jeremy Roach
D.J. Steward
Mark Williams
Jaemyn Brakefield
Henry Coleman

Mike Buckmire's scholarship--like those given to all walk-ons--is conditioned on availability.

If rumors are to be believed Kuminga is headed to the University of G League.

It will be interesting to see if the money he would make for one year in the GLeague would equal what he could make with endorsements etc by building a brand at a school like Duke or UK.Imo the first thing is that he will not dominate grown men as opposed to College kids.The second thing is that Zion would not have a hundred million in endorsements if he did have the Duke exposure

Last edited:
Reactions: Willcampbell
I actually think the G league would be a better option for the guys in the 20-20ish range who have no interest in college. The top 5 recruits would more than likely add to their branding by going to a high profile college/conference.

This guy would be an excellent get. Not sure who I would rather have straight up between him and Chandler, depends if Chandler were to stay more than 1 year (doubtful.) Plus you must keep in mind that Chandler could also link us with Banchero.

What I do know, with Kuminga gone, I hope K is going ALL IN for Banchero. He seems like he is deadset on attending college for a year, while he is in the same class (and maybe better) than a lot of the guys going to the G-League.
This could be a good old-fashioned K versus Calipari battle for him, and this one is important, because there aren't gonna be many other big fish like him attending college.

Reactions: dbav
It will be interesting to see if the money he would make for one year in the GLeague would equal what he could make with endorsements etc by building a brand at a school like Duke or UK.Imo the first thing is that he will not dominate grown men as opposed to College kids.The second thing is that Zion would not have a hundred million in endorsements if he did have the Duke exposure
Topps,
You make a very interesting point: that someone may end up making more money by not playing for money. I really appreciate your thoughts, although Zions do not happen all that often. Thanks for giving me something to think about.
OFC

I don't think Zion should be used as an example of making your brand going to college for a year, as he was lightning in a bottle. :)

Reactions: dbav
This guy would be an excellent get. Not sure who I would rather have straight up between him and Chandler, depends if Chandler were to stay more than 1 year (doubtful.) Plus you must keep in mind that Chandler could also link us with Banchero.

What I do know, with Kuminga gone, I hope K is going ALL IN for Banchero. He seems like he is deadset on attending college for a year, while he is in the same class (and maybe better) than a lot of the guys going to the G-League.
This could be a good old-fashioned K versus Calipari battle for him, and this one is important, because there aren't gonna be many other big fish like him attending college.

I think I would prefer Nembhard over Chandler when looking over what the roster in 21-22 will likely look like.

If Hurt and Moore leave, the team will be made up up nothing but Freshmen and Sophomores, with Joey Baker as the lone exception. Duke could certainly use an experienced guard.

I think I would prefer Nembhard over Chandler when looking over what the roster in 21-22 will likely look like.

If Hurt and Moore leave, the team will be made up up nothing but Freshmen and Sophomores, with Joey Baker as the lone exception. Duke could certainly use an experienced guard.

I would choose Nembhard over Chandler as well. Having a top 25 player with 3-4 years experience is rare in today's college landscape, unless your UNC.

I would probably prefer Nembhard over Chandler but as other posters have said Chandler links us to Banchero. Imo we’re not getting Banchero unless we get Chandler. He’s our ticket to even have a chance at Paolo. I trust the staff to make the right decision though.

I would probably prefer Nembhard over Chandler but as other posters have said Chandler links us to Banchero. Imo we’re not getting Banchero unless we get Chandler. He’s our ticket to even have a chance at Paolo. I trust the staff to make the right decision though.

I get that scenario and I agree if that's what it takes to fill an empty slot. However, would you take a Sophomore Mark Williams paired with a 4 year experienced top 25 PG over two talented freshman? I'd take the experienced players who were ranked highly out of HS as well.

I get that scenario and I agree if that's what it takes to fill an empty slot. However, would you take a Sophomore Mark Williams paired with a 4 year experienced top 25 PG over two talented freshman? I'd take the experienced players who were ranked highly out of HS as well.
That’s fair. Honestly can’t go wrong with either but probably the experienced guys.

If Roach leaves, I could see us getting both. If Roach dusts, that would make 3 point Guards. Tough cause Banchero would ne a great get. Banchero, Baldwin, Griffin, and whoever comes back ( at least 3 of William's, Braekfield, Coleman, Baker) would make a vicious front court.

I don't think Zion should be used as an example of making your brand going to college for a year, as he was lightning in a bottle. :)
Agreed Zion is an outlier but Reddish and Barrett used the exposure they Duke to sign pretty significant endorsement deals as well.Do not think that they would be as relevant if they had spent their one year in the G- League

I will GUESS that Duke has a 29% chance. Gonzaga at 46%. He considered Gonzaga out of high school. He's from Canada. Gonzaga has a great record with foreign players.

My guess would be us or the Zags. I really want him. He's the kind of transfer Gonzaga has had success with recently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT