ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one that’s been doing this since Tues. morning?

It reaffirms two things: (1) we knew all along that Tre Jones was the player we couldn't do without; and (2) we are all way to invested with a bunch of teenagers. Can't avoid it though.

we are all way to invested with a bunch of teenagers.
1Gxb-1_zpstkdhfm2s.gif

Keep in mind, this is more than likely graded as a 1 or 2 shoulder injury. Surgery doesn't seem required, so I'm guessing 1-4 weeks. Let's hope Tre heals and will fully recover by the first or second week of February.

Reactions: Quavarius
It reaffirms two things: (1) we knew all along that Tre Jones was the player we couldn't do without; and (2) we are all way to invested with a bunch of teenagers. Can't avoid it though.

That’s why I hate casual and lazy fans who still say “you have 3 NBA players” still on your team. They don’t understand that Tre is the most important player and the one with the least NBA potential (compared to his other classmates). It sucks

That’s why I hate casual and lazy fans who still say “you have 3 NBA players” still on your team. They don’t understand that Tre is the most important player and the one with the least NBA potential (compared to his other classmates). It sucks

It’s true. Having 3 NBA caliber guys helps alleviate some the sting, but it doesn’t mean the team will just be able to pick right up. Losing a starting PG is hard to deal with, no matter the talent level.

Reactions: Quavarius
I have been really down in the dumps in a way I haven’t been before when it comes to sports. Tre’s injury has hit me hard. It feels like a big punch in the gut![/QUOTE]

^ This. I'm just an OF, but I haven't been this down about an injury in many moons!
I have no information or knowledge of this type of injury, but from what I have read, AC Joint separation is when the Collar bone is separated from the shoulder blade.
I guess we need to hope for a Grade 1 (?), where the recovery time is anywhere from a few days to 5-6 weeks?
It's going to take me that long to get over this myself. Let's hope for the best.
Go Duke!
OFC

It wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t seem to happen every year.

What sucks is Tre is literally the one and only player we could not afford to lose.. if we lost one of Cam, RJ, or Zion.. it would suck, but the other 2 could step up.. we don’t have someone that can give us what Trae does.

What sucks is Tre is literally the one and only player we could not afford to lose.. if we lost one of Cam, RJ, or Zion.. it would suck, but the other 2 could step up.. we don’t have someone that can give us what Trae does.
That's why I think we've severley under-recruited ball handling guards with vision over the last 5 years. It is quite clear to me that all of Duke's best teams in the modern era had 2 or more quarterbacks that could shoot from deep and play a little D when it mattered. JWIll/Duhon, Tyus/Quinn, Scheyer/Smith.

2017-18: Tre Duval was a guard, but he wasn't a quarterback. Grayson was too slow with the ball for the role, but could've been a great #2 for an elite pass first guy. Neither were good on D.

2013-14: The Jabari team had JR Quinn, SR Thornton and soph Suliamon. That's not enough there.

2011-2012: Rivers and Seth Curry lead duo...not much passing and zero defense there.

We're always going to be a 30 win team with top recruits, but championship domination level requires smarts and guts on D too. Tre and RJ have the potential to be the perfect 1,2 punch, though shooting is an issue so far. Without Tre, we're just trying to out-athlete the other team which can easily be threatened by great spacing and hot shooting from the other team.

We need Tre to make a run. In his absence, RJ, Cam, AO and Goldy need to get deep in their stances on D, find the open man and make their damn 3-balls. Let's get it done fellas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT