ADVERTISEMENT

All ACC football teams that won so far stand up...

standing!!!!

LwKPtZa.jpg

Carolina had 4 turnovers and Chaz’s Surratt isn’t playing. Life is good!

The heels get ECU next. ECU not off to a good start. heels by 35. OFC

Miami and FSU looked awful this (long/holiday) weekend. There is a reason no one runs that weird spread O in the NFL, and why no one has been successful with it in good conferences. And no, the Pac 12 is not a good FB conf. Vs the kind of D lines that the SEC, and increasingly, the ACC, employ, the shotgun spread just doesn't work. Quality D lines simply close down the center of the field. Then the Spread O's start nibbling at the edges, but once the secondary realizes that the DL and LBs have the middle on lockdown, the DBs start feasting.
That FSU hire might go down as a program wrecker.
Miami was even more shocking. Dominated up front. I now think we have a chance vs them. I'm not picking Duke or anything, but we might have a chance, which is not something I thought was the case a few weeks ago.
Not that any of it really matters. Clemson looks untouchable in the ACC. Bama and UGA will meet for the SEC title game methinks, and OSU and Oklahoma looked good. Those 5 teams looked much better than everybody this week. Much, much, much better.
For a team like Duke, there is enough questions to make watching Duke interesting. For the broader world of CFB, the real season might not start until conf championship weekend.

Reactions: nickris and hpnole
I’m going out on a limb and declare the National Champion will come from the SEC. Alabama or Georgia.

Duke looked good, who else from the acc won? Hate that Miami lost, had hoped the
I’m going out on a limb and declare the National Champion will come from the SEC. Alabama or Georgia.
just hope it is not Suckeye U or Sooner U.

There have been 16 spots in the 4 years of the College Football Playoffs. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma have claimed 11 of those 16 spots... I expect business as usual, maybe 3 of those 4 teams in the playoffs. Throw in Georgia, Auburn, or Wisconsin for the final spot. I just have a hard time picking against Bama. They always seem to be the team to beat, and this year they actually have a pro-style quarterback who can consistently make the intermediate throws.

Reactions: hpnole
Bama and Clemson looked fantastic. They're clearly the class of CFB again this year.

I really liked VT and ND's defense. Those defenses are nasty and suffocating.

The ACC Coastal is pitiful. Miami looked like a high school team against a run-of-the-mill SEC team. Heels have QB issues, which sucks because they finally have a not terrible defense. Plus, suspensions still looming. UVa looked ok against Richmond. Their QB looks like something for Hoo fans to get excited about. I didn't see any of duke game so I can't comment there. But all this leads me to believe that VT wins the Coastal fairly easily and then Clemson wipes the floor with them.

Bama and Clemson looked fantastic. They're clearly the class of CFB again this year.

I really liked VT and ND's defense. Those defenses are nasty and suffocating.

The ACC Coastal is pitiful. Miami looked like a high school team against a run-of-the-mill SEC team. Heels have QB issues, which sucks because they finally have a not terrible defense. Plus, suspensions still looming. UVa looked ok against Richmond. Their QB looks like something for Hoo fans to get excited about. I didn't see any of duke game so I can't comment there. But all this leads me to believe that VT wins the Coastal fairly easily and then Clemson wipes the floor with them.

????????????????!

What he meant to say is, we suck, our coaches suck, and I can’t wait till basketball season.

So....I am in a sports bar watching the Clemson (eventual ACC and national champions) play A&M.....obviously the ky - Fla game is on most of the TV's.....ky scores a TD, and the Ahhhhhh C-A-T-S chants start!!....if you've lost to a team 31 years in a row, wouldn't it take more than a 7-0 lead to get you fired up??? LOL!!!

Reactions: jwill133
I wish I was in here watching basketball instead of football...I might could get a party started!!

So....I am in a sports bar watching the Clemson (eventual ACC and national champions) play A&M.....obviously the ky - Fla game is on most of the TV's.....ky scores a TD, and the Ahhhhhh C-A-T-S chants start!!....if you've lost to a team 31 years in a row, wouldn't it take more than a 7-0 lead to get you fired up??? LOL!!!

Wow....talk about speaking too soon!!! Didn’t see that win coming.

Something needs to be done about the refs. They have screwed unx again. We need to start a petition.

Reactions: skysdad
Something needs to be done about the refs. They have screwed unx again. We need to start a petition.

I can't believe they called williams for targeting. Wasn't even close. If I were fedora they would have to eject me also. He had 86 yds. the 1st. half and was a threat for unc to win the game. The refs took care of that. I'm looking at this from a tar heel fan's perspective. Everyone is against them. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
DukefanKY let's hope your jinx potential doesn't carry over to basketball.

Just to be safe, you probably should post in every UNC game thread.

You might even become poster of the year on their board, or something like that for always predicting a win and never badmouthing anything UNC. They would never figure out or suspect the jinx aspect because every time they lose it is the refs fault.

Reactions: DukefanKY
You might even become poster of the year on their board, or something like that for always predicting a win and never badmouthing anything UNC. They would never figure out or suspect the jinx aspect because every time they lose it is the refs fault.

I do know the basketball teams have lost over 700 games because of poor officiating. Don't know how many football games that have been lost but it's a lot. It has to be tough to be an unc fan knowing every sport you play the officials are against you. Makes all the wins all that more impressive. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
What he meant to say is, we suck, our coaches suck, and I can’t wait till basketball season.

Yes. Indeed. That is what I meant to say.

Man, the Heels are terrible. Fed has lost the team. They don't have confidence in him and we're still plagued by discipline issues, poor playcalling and just general apathy surrounding the program. The loss to ECU sealed his fate. He's gone for sure now. I've always liked Larry and think he's a good dude but he's not getting it done. So he'll be fired. The issue is the money it's going to take to buy out his contract won't leave enough in the tank to sign a proven coach. So it might be that Larry comes back next season in a lame duck situation because the university doesn't want to buy out the contract.

And then there's the issue of who on earth would we go after? I want the school to make a push to get Bob Stoops but many don't believe we'd pay enough to get him, assuming he even wants to get back to coaching and would consider Chapel Hill.

In short, the football program in Chapel Hill is a mess.

Man, the Heels are terrible. Fed has lost the team. They don't have confidence in him and we're still plagued by discipline issues, poor playcalling and just general apathy surrounding the program. The loss to ECU sealed his fate. He's gone for sure now. I've always liked Larry and think he's a good dude but he's not getting it done. So he'll be fired. The issue is the money it's going to take to buy out his contract won't leave enough in the tank to sign a proven coach. So it might be that Larry comes back next season in a lame duck situation because the university doesn't want to buy out the contract.

And then there's the issue of who on earth would we go after? I want the school to make a push to get Bob Stoops but many don't believe we'd pay enough to get him, assuming he even wants to get back to coaching and would consider Chapel Hill.

Someone on the radio last week was talking how Lane Kiffin would be a good fit. I thought that was intriguing.

UNC football getting Bob stoops.
giphy.gif

The bad part of them getting rid of Fed is like getting rid of Brad D. back in time. They might get a real coach as a replacement . I would rather just see them keep Fed.

Someone on the radio last week was talking how Lane Kiffin would be a good fit. I thought that was intriguing.

I hate that idea because I hate that guy.

UNC football getting Bob stoops.
giphy.gif

Some others have snickered at that too. But remember, Lou Holtz went to SoCar after winning a title at ND. Steve Spurrier went to SoCar after winning a title at Florida. It's not unheard of for a a premiere coach to come back into coaching at a lesser school. Maybe he just doesn't want the stress of big time college football. He could wind down his coaching career in a low stress environment. Might be what he's looking for. I just don't know if the school has enough money to get him. And especially in our terrible division, Stoops could get us to the ACC championship game every couple of years.

I have to post this because I need to vent. Good lord Pitt is ****ing embarrassing against UNC. This level of dominance UNC has over them is like the one over MSU in basketball. Even last year when they were beyond awful, one of their THREE wins was over them. And it was AT Pitt. Pitt's making Nathan ****ing Elliot look like a Hesiman candidate right now. They should be ashamed of themselves, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're their only ACC win again this year.

/rant

I have to post this because I need to vent. Good lord Pitt is ****ing embarrassing against UNC. This level of dominance UNC has over them is like the one over MSU in basketball. Even last year when they were beyond awful, one of their THREE wins was over them. And it was AT Pitt. Pitt's making Nathan ****ing Elliot look like a Hesiman candidate right now. They should be ashamed of themselves, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're their only ACC win again this year.

/rant

Pitt is awful. I think Illinois scored 25ish on PSU last night, Pitt scored 6.

Reactions: PixelDevil
unc won but really screwed by the officials once again. The Pitt receiver obviously dropped that ball in the end zone. The refs wanted to get Pitt back into the game and blew that review. unc would have won b40 if things like that had not happened The Pitt O-line were holding all day. The D-backs were grabbing unc receivers all day. Why can't every team play good, clean football. ;) OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT