ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tourney and TV in the classroom

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...m-old-school-acc-tournament-classroom-tv-cart

Great read and lots of memories! The first time I remember watching the games at school was 7th grade and my history teacher even let me and some buddies take our lunch to his room. When high school hit another couple lunch skips to watch and the PE classes were stopped. The worst one was in 10th grade though and we had the early game but my chorus teacher wouldn’t let us watch. The PE crew came by to inform me the score throughout class though :p

Reactions: HuffyJB and GillJET
Only remember that twice. In the 8th grade with my social studies teacher, and in the 10th grade with my English teacher. When I was in 10th that was 2009, the year the holes won it all. So I don't have great memories associated with that unfortunately.

For the NCAA tournament I would run a bracket pool and get a mixture of 100 students/teachers. A lot of Dean Smith and Coach K entries as aliases. We would watch games in the AD’s office. How many bathroom breaks could you squeeze into a 40 minute class? 15 years ago, yikes I’m old, I think.

Reactions: pisgah101
Only remember that twice. In the 8th grade with my social studies teacher, and in the 10th grade with my English teacher. When I was in 10th that was 2009, the year the holes won it all. So I don't have great memories associated with that unfortunately.

Man I didn’t realize you were younger than me by 3 years. You at least got 2010 in high school. I had to suffer real bad most of mine HA

Reactions: PixelDevil
I was one of the PE teachers that used to set up two 50 inch screen TVs back to back in the center of the gym. The junior high kids loved it. Now days, they would just pull their phones out and text each other. Kids aren’t into sports like they use to be. Sigh

Phenomenal article and it brings back memories. Kids today don't cherish things the way we did but my kids understand this is a big week!

While eating dinner last night, my son asked me if there were any bracket busters on tv tonight. My wife rolled her eyes and I just smiled and said yes there is son. It’s March Madness. Best time of the year!

My 11th grade English teacher used to let us watch the ACC Tournament and/or NCAA’ Tournament if UNC was playing because she was a UNC fan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT