ADVERTISEMENT

A little off- season trivia gang!

This should be an easy one. In the classic baseball movie Bull Durham, Robert Wuhl made his name as a coach. What did he advise the players gathered at the mound always makes a nice wedding gift?

Reactions: geddoughton23
I like Robert Wuhl. I look forward to hearing the answer. I've always felt foolish giving gravy boats and blenders. I've tried to watch the movie, but my dislike of Kevin Costner always wins out after a few minutes

Reactions: meisperplexed
Wow. I thought this would be easy. I guess this is a movie that I"m wayyy more invested in than others.

Hint: If you're in the path of Isaias, you may need candles and something to put them in. They always make a nice gift.

Candlesticks! I hate to answer since I didn't know. Quite the hint! My sister tells me I should watch the more recent Costner movies. I'm going to give Bull Durham a real shot too

Candlesticks it is. Anyone who doesn't know the scene should check it out on Youtube. There are scenes in Bull Durham that are...just perfect.

You're up ged

No response in 24 hours. The answer is Jim Goodnight, CEO of SAS Institute in the RTP and Cary. He started the company with other NC State faculty. Because the company is not publicly traded, his net worth is difficult to verify, but at least ten billion dollars

Sorry everyone. My mom had a nasty spill and I've been tied up. She's alright, but had to get stitches. Someone else go ahead and ask the next question. I'm probably not going to be around much for a couple of days and don't want to hold the game up.

Reactions: skysdad
Robert Weston Smith was the name of a disc jockey who was very popular in the 60s and 70s. He had a very gravelly voice. He was the announcer on the Midnight Special on NBC and was in many movies. What was his stage name? It was the only name I ever heard him called

Reactions: skysdad
Sticking with famous disc jockeys who had a hit in the 70's that made the charts called " Disco Duck " ? OFC

Rick Dees graduated from Grimsley High School in Greensboro and UNC. My sister says that he is nice.
Wolfman Jack loved the North Carolina Coast. He lived on the Albemarle Sound

I am sorry that your mother fell. Thank you for telling us. I hope that you and she have a good weekend

Hoping she recovers quickly. OFC

@meisperplexed hope your mom gets better soon! Prayers! OFC

Thanks guys. She's doing as well as can be expected. She's really sore and the stitches are irritating her because they're on her face. Jesus, that was a deep gash and she's on blood thinners, so it looked even worse. I saw her trip, but was too far away to be able to keep her from falling. She told me to look on the bright side and because I was there, I was able to help her right away and call an ambulance. Just like a mom trying to make their child feel better. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT