ADVERTISEMENT

A Challenge to Zion's Vertical Leap

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
Not so fast youngblood! Zion has the highest vertical in Duke history, but there is another (who belongs to an equally distinguished club) that can Sky also.

N86UU1g.gif

OFC

I bet you enjoy making these as much as we do laughing at them.

Probably even more, Denver! And when you have a great guy (and friend) like Sky that has a great sense of humor...it makes it possible to make a gif like this.

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
It is just so hard to believe he is 285. That is massive for 6'7. He is clearly built but doesn't look 285. I think he would probably be better suited to play around 265-270. More quickness, better vert, and still retain strength and power.

I mean, Karl Malone was built like a rock, and he wen't 6'9, 260.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Looks like a 2 sport player to me.
Just kidding. I do think he's one of those special athletes who could excel professionally in multiple sports (not at the same time though)

It is just so hard to believe he is 285. That is massive for 6'7. He is clearly built but doesn't look 285. I think he would probably be better suited to play around 265-270. More quickness, better vert, and still retain strength and power.

I saw on another board the suggestion that this is might be a transposition error and the correct number is 258. That would make more sense.

Well I'm 5'8" 225. That's p

pretty solid and all of you have seen dirt's footage of my vertical. OFC

I saw on another board the suggestion that this is might be a transposition error and the correct number is 258. That would make more sense.

It could be, James. I thought I had read somewhere that Zion had lost a little weight, and being 285 wouldn't fit that description. Either way he is a load!

And here's a link to an article showing Zion popping a few jumpers in practice. Shot looks nice!

https://thespun.com/news/duke-recruit-zion-williamson-shooting

OFC

Reactions: GillJET
Rupps Rafters has already decided Zion is fat and they will torch him on Offense while he tosses bricks at the basket on the other end of the floor to impress NBA scouts.

What is Zion's vertical and does anyone remember what David Thompson's was? OFC

Rupps Rafters has already decided Zion is fat and they will torch him on Offense while he tosses bricks at the basket on the other end of the floor to impress NBA scouts.
...and Grayson Allen comes to watch the game and spills a snowcone in his lap and cries on national TV and Luke Kennard shows up wearing a bad toupee and disguise glasses and a UK shirt and he really wanted to go to UK and Billy Gillespie ruined it by spilling his flask on him at summer camp when he was 9 and and and...

What is Zion's vertical and does anyone remember what David Thompson's was? OFC

It was reported that David Thompson’s vertical was 42 inches. Dunking wasn’t allowed back then but many times on those alley-oop passes from Monte Towe he got away with it.

There was an urban legend back then that he could jump pick a dollar off the top of the backboard and leave change.

He some serious hops.

Awesome work ODD!

How you been buddy? I've been off the board travelling some this summer but good to be back. Look forward to your memes and talking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT