ADVERTISEMENT

2019 final four tickets

FearTheBeard

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2010
I submitted an application for four tickets to next year’s final four. Has anyone ever done this before? It says they take up to 20k applications and then randomly select winners to get tickets. Anyone know what kind of seats they give out? How many winners are selected?

yes i did it and got selected with crummy seats but i still went in 2011. I don't remember how much are selected

yes i did it and got selected with crummy seats but i still went in 2011. I don't remember how much are selected
Yeah, I checked and it’s all upper level. Hoping to at least get courtside if I win.

Dude, I did the same thing and was there in 2011. I was expecting Duke but had to settle for watching Uconn. Crummy seats but my dad had a knee replacement and so they moved us down to the wheelchair section. Those were good seats!

I do it every year. The seats are definitely nosebleed. The lottery is only for those upper 300 level seats.

However, you can usually sell them for 2x face value and then you'd have some money for better seats.

However, you can usually sell them for 2x face value and then you'd have some money for better seats.
That’s what I was thinking. They’re $105 per ticket. Those seats are selling for $300-$600 this year depending on location.

Reactions: tripleb71
Yeah I did that for the Final Fours in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Finally, decided to stop doing the lottery. Spent $70 more today for way better seats in the 100 level corner through stub hub 2.5 hours before tip off.

Reactions: pisgah101
I get great seats to the final four every year. Hardly pay anything for them. Always easy access to bathrooms and concessions and great prices. Nobody standing in front of you and no obnoxious fans around at all. After the games no problem at all with parking and it feels like home. OFC

I get great seats to the final four every year. Hardly pay anything for them. Always easy access to bathrooms and concessions and great prices. Nobody standing in front of you and no obnoxious fans around at all. After the games no problem at all with parking and it feels like home. OFC
How much do you charge for parking?

Reactions: hpnole and skysdad
Ordered my final 4 ticket from our allotment friday AM after we won the cat fight @ the final 16. Cost $375/pop for all 3 games. But my card would be swiped only after we beat the Ramblers.
But buying '19 final 4 tickets from the lottery allotment assures you a chance to be there if the Forks qualify. The best way to beat the "lottery" is if you & 3 of your friends order 4 tickets apiece. This way you have the best chance of getting @ least 1 ticket if the Forks qualify. If all of you win the ticket lottery then that many more fellow Forks can be there. Otherwise sell them off to to those final 4 fans @ about $300/pop once their allotments sell out.

If you can still get tickets from your allotment (once Forks qualify) then you can get more fellow Forks @ the final 4 with your "lottery" tickets. If I was sure the Cats had a legit chance @ the '19 final 4 then I would be doing all of this right now. Shouldn't you:)

NCAA is a scam. Wait 1.5 hours before the games to buy ur tix. That’s what I did and I’m sitting 100 level Center court for under $200.

Been to 3 using the lottery. Bad seats every time but the atmosphere is awesome. Might go next year since it is close.

When I was applying, 15 years ago, it was a 1 in 18 chance. I would apply 10 times. I was single then and had the cash. 3 kids later and I haven't been back.

I submitted an application for four tickets to next year’s final four. Has anyone ever done this before? It says they take up to 20k applications and then randomly select winners to get tickets. Anyone know what kind of seats they give out? How many winners are selected?
I did it in 2017 and got seats upper level front row mid court, which were actually good seats compared to what they usually give away. Basically all you ever get in the lottery is upper level tickets.

Rub it in why don’t you:)

Reactions: skysdad
I never really enjoy live events enough to justify more than a $30 pricetag. I wish I did. I’d much rather spend that on some great food and beer and watch with my buds. I will pay whatever it takes every now and again to watch my family enjoy a new experience. That is worth it every time.

Reactions: Mac9192
I would much rather watch in a sports bar with cold beer, hot wings, and a bunch of friends, than 300 feet from the floor, in a crowded areana, surrounded by strangers....and a much shorter drive home

Other than in Cameron I don’t watch Duke play outside of my home. Maybe I’m superstitious, or maybe I’d rather not have to deal with knucklehead fans from other teams.

I never really enjoy live events enough to justify more than a $30 pricetag. I wish I did. I’d much rather spend that on some great food and beer and watch with my buds. I will pay whatever it takes every now and again to watch my family enjoy a new experience. That is worth it every time.

My dad and brother are the same way... it might be better if I was too LOL

Reactions: DukeDenver
Obviously can't beat an environment in Cameron, but it's absolutely amazing to be at a road game when Duke is crushing the other team.

The 2005 Big10-ACC game (2005-2006 season) at Indiana when JJ Redick went off brings back some amazing memories. That place was silent other than the 100 Duke fans in the building going crazy. Oh..and Indiana fans are the absolute worst. Got called every degrading name one could think of.

Went to the game at Clemson last year, was also great to see everyone leaving unhappy. Clemson fans were cool though.

Last edited:
Obviously can't beat an environment in Cameron, but it's absolutely amazing to be at a road game when Duke is crushing the other team.

The 2005 Big10-ACC game (2005-2006 season) at Indiana when JJ Redick went off brings back some amazing memories. That place was silent other than the 100 Duke fans in the building going crazy. Oh..and Indiana fans are the absolute worst. Got called every degrading name one could think of.

Went to the game at Clemson last year, was also great to see everyone leaving unhappy. Clemson fans were cool though.
Clemson basketball fans might be cool, but their football fans?? I liken them to tarhole fans around where I live.

Reactions: DukeDenver
LwKPtZa.jpg

Littlejohn is a very cool venue. Memorial Stadium at night is fun as well.

Reactions: pisgah101
My goal is to spend a month and a ton of money some January in North Carolina just watching as many games as I can.

Just need my kids to grow up. Another 8 or 9 years should do it.

Not afraid of ticket prices as much as a bored wife shopping for a month!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT