ADVERTISEMENT

#1 DUKE . HERE TO STAY.

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
That display of grit and determination solidified our position as the #1 team in the nation for sure. The player our team has been building around since its conception goes out early against the #2 team in the nation very early in the game and how do we respond? Like a Champion. Multiple players stepped up. It never looked like trouble. This team can be something special. It already is. Duke fans prepare yourself for many entertaining W's. Could end up the most fun we've had in years. This team has something we've lacked for many years. Toughness, Grit and inside power. This one has the total package. Studs at every position. Buckle up and Go Duke !

Amen show! This team has toughness and it's extremely talented. And the frightening thing for the rest of the country is they're only going to get better and we did this without Bagley LOL

Reactions: Mac9192
Definitely was impressed with what i thought this team had mentally but until you see it tested you never truly know. Having a leader like Grayson and a no fear PG leading the charge is quite a combo. Than add in a Big with poise that you can throw it down to and at worst count on toughness to make a play.

Reactions: Mac9192 and dbav
Yep. I wasn't sure about this team after the first few games. I'm sure now.

Reactions: Mpm277
This kind of game really helps. Playing nothing but cupcakes , like many teams do, does nothing.. Did not get to watch the whole game, but, looks like they showed up ready to play. This is a really solid team.

I'm hoping and expecting Duke to have the season that is the exact opposite of what has happened the last 2 seasons with injuries and other crap. I think we are due for the ball to bounce our way for a change. I believe everybody in our path will feel like they were ran over by a bus. There's a lot of a** that needs to get whipped this year, and Duke is the team that will be the one giving them out.
What's the barber say when he's done cutting hair? Next!!!

I really enjoy this team. It’s so nice to see a team ran by a true point guard. Basketball at its finest. Everyone is in their right position. We attack the boards like mad men. I love it

Reactions: Neners
Al i wanted to see was this teams reaction to a big game, great team and program, how they respond to adversity. They checked all three boxes with flying colors. Stay healthy and use this as a building block. This team can be very special.

Reactions: Neners
This was my concern as well. Who would get mezmorized by the bright lights, big colluseam and what many thought should be the number one team waiting to stomp them. Then not hit broad side of the barn.
No one did. They all played knowing they deserved to be there. They didn't skip a beat when Bagley went down. This was fun.

Other than what has been mentioned above the one thing I loved most about our team from the game last night (outside of actual basketball acumen) is how energetic and enthusiastic they all were to celebrate one another when they did something well. Thats something I always look at and I felt like it wasn’t quite there last year, so I’m tickled to see it at the level it is this early in the season.

Reactions: Neners and QC Dukie
I knew it after the first 8 min of Utah Valley after seeing them in person against Elon ...Goodluck acc/country

I wonder what THR is saying about us.
Gary started a thread claiming last year's UNC team would have "made complete mincemeat" out of all 4 of the teams that played last night. Actual quote. The thread hasn't gotten a great deal of action because, well, it is total nonsense.

Looking forward to playing against some other tough teams. Could have a big game against UF in Portland if the seeds hold. IU will be a good game but we should win that.

At BC in an early conference game, Dec. 9th, could be a very good challenge.

Game at Miami, Jan. 15 ... I despise playing at Miami and at FSU. They always seem to catch us at our worst and they play better against us than most anyone else in the universe.

You can tell before Bagley went out we were about to blow the roof off the joint. You could see it happening before our eyes. As unfortunate as it was that Bagley got hurt the entire country got to see the guts, toughness and talent this team has. We got the best closer in country in Grayson and when the chips are down and it's all on the line there is no one I would rather have to deliver the goods than GA.

When Bagley gets back and we gel like I know we will, when we get done with some teams it is going to look like their faces were on fire and Duke put it out with an axe. We are in for one hell of a ride in 17-18, boys.

Reactions: QC Dukie
So far his team is one of the most fun to watch as any we have had for a long time! And we are only 3 games deep. You KNOW we are going to only get better and better. Feb - March is going to be some unbelievable Duke basketball....and if things go as they should, April will be SWEET!!
Duvall's passing and finishing at the rim was blowing me away Tuesday. Loved Carter's work ethic and passion. And Grayson....well damn!!
And Bagley is going to be a stud among studs.

We cant hit a free throw for sh**, but it wont matter not one bit. Everyone is gonna get it! Cause we are hittin'em with the 2-3 and they can not score with us lol. That offensive rebounding is so good its stupid. If Marvin did not leave the game, BLOW OUT he would have had 20 and 15 easy.

Gary started a thread claiming last year's UNC team would have "made complete mincemeat" out of all 4 of the teams that played last night. Actual quote. The thread hasn't gotten a great deal of action because, well, it is total nonsense.
All that team could do is rebound ...lol I will say they did that really really well..

We cant hit a free throw for sh**, but it wont matter not one bit. Everyone is gonna get it! Cause we are hittin'em with the 2-3 and they can not score with us lol. That offensive rebounding is so good its stupid. If Marvin did not leave the game, BLOW OUT he would have had 20 and 15 easy.
A lot of that is the guys that are getting the majority of fouls and draw contact are bagley and Carter..has Trent even attempted a free throw ? We shoot like that at the end of the year I’ll be weary but yea they need to improve a lot!.our 2-3 is scary....(with Bolden on the bench)..he’s improved a lot though just can’t get out like the other guys fast enough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT