ADVERTISEMENT

Zion

Efficiency, the size, the hops, the unselfishness, passing, shooting , defense, IQ, every damn aspect imo.

Reactions: christophero
Hell everything ....only thing I see he can improve on is his shooting. Just like James lmao

I mean the guy is snagging blocks just like James used to do.. has chasing blocks ....just everything looks like James to me it’s scary.

That pass last game on the fast break looked like a James pass. Maybe I’m over hyping him but I don’t care. I know what my eyes see dammit ! :)

Same here, three years ago. Then again when all the boards thought he was going to Clemson and of course did the “he’s not really that good” thing people do when they think a player isn’t going to their school

I did predict him being the best pro before the season.....:D

If I were a GM I would pick him first.

Eh.... I wouldn't go that far. Depending on team needs, there are other guys the number 1 team might pick.
Take ATL. They've got a very good PF (the position Zion might best fit) in John Collins out of WFU. They got a decent PG in Trae Young. RJ is the best fit, and is the scoring wing they need.
Chicago has a great front court, a decent scorer in Levine, so they might like the more versatile Cam Reddish.
Zion is very good. But part of his ultimate value is that he's like Draymond Green and LBJ in that he's a wing that can play PF (while guarding Cs). If a team is happy with their front court, but lacking in wing/guard play, RJ or Cam might be better fits. As great as Zion is, I'm not sure he's a great cover on true SGs.
In any other year, I'd say screw it and take the "best" player available, likely Zion. But their are 3 other ELITE wings/guards in this class. Wing is the most valuable and necessary position in today's NBA, and there are 3 elite ones in the ACC this year outside of Zion. If you needed a wing, while being OK with your posts, you'd have to look at Cam, RJ, or Little. You'd just have to consider those guys, because they might be all stars.

Zion is amazing but he’s not Lebron. Doesn’t shoot, move, and esp doesn’t see the floor like Lebron. He’s definitely bigger and strong than Lebron was at 18. Zion looks more like Barkley to me.

Eh.... I wouldn't go that far. Depending on team needs, there are other guys the number 1 team might pick.
Take ATL. They've got a very good PF (the position Zion might best fit) in John Collins out of WFU. They got a decent PG in Trae Young. RJ is the best fit, and is the scoring wing they need.
Chicago has a great front court, a decent scorer in Levine, so they might like the more versatile Cam Reddish.
Zion is very good. But part of his ultimate value is that he's like Draymond Green and LBJ in that he's a wing that can play PF (while guarding Cs). If a team is happy with their front court, but lacking in wing/guard play, RJ or Cam might be better fits. As great as Zion is, I'm not sure he's a great cover on true SGs.
In any other year, I'd say screw it and take the "best" player available, likely Zion. But their are 3 other ELITE wings/guards in this class. Wing is the most valuable and necessary position in today's NBA, and there are 3 elite ones in the ACC this year outside of Zion. If you needed a wing, while being OK with your posts, you'd have to look at Cam, RJ, or Little. You'd just have to consider those guys, because they might be all stars.
Picking #1 based on “needs” imo is a mistake. Further down the draft is fine. Also likely the team picking #1 will have a lot of needs anyway lol.

Last edited:
I would take him #1 regardless of team needs. He's going to sell out home attendance and sell a helluva lot of jerseys.

This right here. Zions marketing value is insane. From his followers to the hype and media attention that surrounds him. He is an investors dream child, one of the next brand name shoe type of players.

Teams like Atl who is in desperate need of a financial boost may take Zion over Rj despite the fit due to the value he will bring to the team.

Reactions: skysdad

If you’re in position to pick first, you don’t have the luxury to skip a generational talent like Zion.

In 2002, pre-LeBron, the Cavs had Boozer, Big Z and hopes and prayers on DeSagna Diop. And Darius Miles was their athlete. The rest is history for them. Hell, you brought up the Hawks. They were willing to let Schroeder go to free up time for Trae Young, so they definitely would do the same again.

Unless he goes 100% cold or something else, Zion is basically a lock at #1. And he should be and we should want him to be. If he plays at that level, that means this team ends up at the top of college basketball at the end.

The moment he dove for the ball in that exhibition up by like 40...Sold

He wants to prove he's more than just a dunker. I'm convinced. How many blocks today ? 6 I think. His fg percentage is high and they weren't all dunks. He's a smart craft ball player that is a physically exceptional athlete. Can't wait to see what he's like in 5 years. With that said Barrett, Reddish and Jones are also exceptional We are blessed to have them for a short while. OFC

If you’re in position to pick first, you don’t have the luxury to skip a generational talent like Zion.

Unless he goes 100% cold or something else, Zion is basically a lock at #1. And he should be and we should want him to be. If he plays at that level, that means this team ends up at the top of college basketball at the end.
Spot on Hokie. This kid is SPECIAL. And we are very blessed to get to watch him play for Duke. I’m not taking anything away from the other freshmen at all, but Zion is a freaking beast, and has a motor to go with that talent.

In 2002, pre-LeBron, the Cavs had Boozer, Big Z and hopes and prayers on DeSagna Diop. And Darius Miles was their athlete. The rest is history for them. Hell, you brought up the Hawks. They were willing to let Schroeder go to free up time for Trae Young, so they definitely would do the same again.

It's going to be a hard decision. Zion and Rj will both be superstars in the league. People laughed earlier at Marbury when he said Zion was better than Lebron, it doesn't look so funny now. Rj, on the other hand, looks like a guy that will average around 30 in the NBA. Both are incredible talents.

Guy like Zion- don’t overthink it. You take him. He’s been sensational since the first time he laced them up in Canada. It is clearly a no factor who he plays against or with. Dude is a stud.

It's going to be a hard decision. Zion and Rj will both be superstars in the league. People laughed earlier at Marbury when he said Zion was better than Lebron, it doesn't look so funny now. Rj, on the other hand, looks like a guy that will average around 30 in the NBA. Both are incredible talents.

Basketball talent may end up being equal between the two, but there’s no question who sells more tickets.

Believe me, RJ is my favorite player on this team and in a long time at Duke. But Zion is movin on up.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
My favorite player at Duke is JJ, but Zion is #2 already easily. Thing I like the most is that motor yooooo

Not better then Lebron, but if people can’t see the similarities they need a new pair of coke bottles :D

Can the guy go to the Celtics along with JJ so I can start really watching and rooting for a team in the NBA! lmao plaaaaease!...settle for Philly ..:/

Can the guy go to the Celtics along with JJ so I can start really watching and rooting for a team in the NBA! lmao plaaaaease!...settle for Philly ..:/

I wish this would have somehow happened before I move out of Boston early next year.

Lebron kept improving all through his career. I think the influence of seeing how hard Kobe practiced at the Olympics made him work harder. Who knows if Zion will do the same. So far we've seen what Zion can do against mismatched opponents. I'm happy just to watch him for the rest of the season (all 40 games).

Lebron kept improving all through his career. I think the influence of seeing how hard Kobe practiced at the Olympics made him work harder. Who knows if Zion will do the same. So far we've seen what Zion can do against mismatched opponents. I'm happy just to watch him for the rest of the season (all 40 games).
The thing is Zion is a mismatch for everyone. Show me one player in college, let alone pros that will match up with his physical abilities.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
He's pretty damn special, that I know for sure.

OFC
I’m waiting for the comic book to come out to figure out his origin story:
1. Too close to a detonated atomic bomb.
2. Bitten by a radio active jumping spider.
3. An immortal god from the Halls of Baskethalla.
4. An alien that was flown here from the planet Dunkton.

Nuff said! ;)

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I’m waiting for the comic book to come out to figure out his origin story:
1. Too close to a detonated atomic bomb.
2. Bitten by a radio active jumping spider.
3. An immortal god from the Halls of Baskethalla.
4. An alien that was flown here from the planet Dunkton.

Nuff said! ;)

Hahaha, good stuff, LT! Zion is something else.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT