ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Sweeps ACC Weekly Player Awards (UPDATED with SWEEPS GIF)

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
Yep, Zion is both Rookie of the Week, and even more prestigious, Player of the Week.
Zion was only the 2nd player at Duke (and Coach K's first) to have 25+ points, 15+ rebounds, and 5+ blocks in a game. Mike Gminski did it twice. Damn, that's some good company Zion is keeping!

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211780252&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Zion coast to coast against Army.

L6P1QG6.gif

SWEEPS WEEK, no Doubt he's got the Fire.

jgwh12Z.gif

OFC

Last edited:
Great honor and congrats. Don't think it will be the last of either for him but there are elite players in the ACC who could put up even greater numbers but would rather be a part of a winning program other than just show casing himself. OFC

All joking aside, I just watched the Army game again. Nobody in the nation puts in as much effort as Zion. He is driven beyond all imagination. RJ got his, but his effort was poor. There were SO many balls just a foot away RJ could have brought in with just a little more effort and at least 5 times if RJ had gone to the floor he would have had loose balls Army got. Other than Zion, Army out hustled the pure HELL out of us. I don’t think our kids placed enough emphasis on getting up for this game. I feel they will the next. It’s not just chatter that we have a complete team this year, I see no holes position wise. Not a lot of posters talking about it here but Tre takes care of the damn ball. And he shoots when he needs to. A perfect pg. Zion, RJ and Cam are simply talents that don’t come along every day , and we have 3 of them. And now it seems our bench is really stepping up nicely, we don’t slide when Jack or Alex come in at all and other than some quick fouls from Jav, his speed and communications help us as well. Sure, we’re gonna lose a few, but we have what is needed for a Championship here. We all know it takes a lot to do it and a little luck at times, but if things even remotely go well for us in the dance, K is gonna get 6 here.

All joking aside, I just watched the Army game again. Nobody in the nation puts in as much effort as Zion. He is driven beyond all imagination. RJ got his, but his effort was poor. There were SO many balls just a foot away RJ could have brought in with just a little more effort and at least 5 times if RJ had gone to the floor he would have had loose balls Army got. Other than Zion, Army out hustled the pure HELL out of us. I don’t think our kids placed enough emphasis on getting up for this game. I feel they will the next. It’s not just chatter that we have a complete team this year, I see no holes position wise. Not a lot of posters talking about it here but Tre takes care of the damn ball. And he shoots when he needs to. A perfect pg. Zion, RJ and Cam are simply talents that don’t come along every day , and we have 3 of them. And now it seems our bench is really stepping up nicely, we don’t slide when Jack or Alex come in at all and other than some quick fouls from Jav, his speed and communications help us as well. Sure, we’re gonna lose a few, but we have what is needed for a Championship here. We all know it takes a lot to do it and a little luck at times, but if things even remotely go well for us in the dance, K is gonna get 6 here.
I totally agree. Plan on watching again when I get home. This make up of this Duke team is just awesome. I think we all need to cherish every moment we can. I think even in a loss, I'll still be happy. Love this team.

I too was a little disappointed with R.J's effort on sunday,i think tuesday's game may have gone to his head a little.He will learn from this and i see him firing on all cylinders wed night.when we get all of them giving Zion like efforts every night its going to be fun to watch.

Congrats to Zion, clearly well deserved.

As for RJ, i don’t think it was an effort thing on Sunday. It was poor execution, poor IQ by his standards.

Reactions: skysdad and Dattier
Congrats to Zion, clearly well deserved.

As for RJ, i don’t think it was an effort thing on Sunday. It was poor execution, poor IQ by his standards.
Agree. I thought he was settling for 3s early. Overall, we were drawn into a one-on-one game too often at the expense of the crisp passing we saw vs UK.

Saw a FB meme that said, “ I no longer get a hard on, now , I get a Zi on.
Lol

Zion is really something special to behold. Only a fool sees a dunker. This kid is a once in a generation talent and he blows me away. But nothing impressed me as much as his hustle against Army and the expression on his face. He is not complacent to rely solely on his talent and skill, he wants it every second, every game. The mark of a great one. Let’s see his story unfold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT