ADVERTISEMENT

Zion- How it went down

Coach K's mile and a half times have drastically improved since his latest joint replacement.

OFC
That's funny! I have to ask, since I've been on this board I've seen "OFC" used by many. Constantly by some, religously by others. I've never seen it before. It seems like one of those over used TLA's that has lost its significance like "Lol" and the likes, but could very well have some meaning. What does it stand for?

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Interesting... Thanks for the link.

There's a decent video on ESPN's NCAAM page with Clemson fans' reactions when he announces. If anyone's interested.

From what I’ve heard and read, Zion had his mind set on Duke after visiting Duke for CTC when Capel and Nolan were tag teaming him at The Skillet. Now, I’m sure he flipped back and forth due to the pressure his step dad was putting on him to go to Clemson, but in the end, he kept his word to our coaches back in October.

Finally, found it funny that UK wasn’t even being considered at the end per Zion’s dad. I had also heard UK was out but I heard that 3 months ago and wasn’t sure that was still the case. Bottom line, don’t expect to beat out K, Capel and team on any recruits that we are going after hard. We are just killing it on recruiting trail.

From what I’ve heard and read, Zion had his mind set on Duke after visiting Duke for CTC when Capel and Nolan were tag teaming him at The Skillet.

I think you mean when Show and the OFC were getting after him.

Reactions: skysdad
I think you mean when Show and the OFC were getting after him.

I was there and saw it all go down. Show just walked up to Zion's dad and gave him a rather large brief case. I thought to myself I got to do my part but I had no cash but I did have a $50.00 gift card from The Cracker Barrel and I gave it to Zion himself. Zion just looked up at me and winked and Zion's dad nodded in approval at me. Made me feel wonderful just because I feel like I'm a part of it all. ;) OFC

Who wouldn't want a gift certificate to Cracker Barrel!?! I have to drive an hour to the closest one unfortunately.

I can't do cracker barrel....the noise wears me out. It sounds like there are 100 people trying to play Christmas music with the plates and forks. Just close your eyes and listen next time.....or maybe I'm just grumpy!!

Who wouldn't want a gift certificate to Cracker Barrel!?! I have to drive an hour to the closest one unfortunately.
I made the mistake of going to one at 3:45pm. Had to sit and wait until the 3:30 blue-haired dinner crowd cleared out.

Reactions: dbav
I made the mistake of going to one at 3:45pm. Had to sit and wait until the 3:30 blue-haired dinner crowd cleared out.

I've never been for anything other than breakfast, haha.

Wow. It's incredible to be a Duke fan for almost 40 years now. 1-2-3 ... 10 ... Go!

Can't wait to see these guys go at it. Four great freshmen at the 1-2-3-4. Zion still could get in better shape and when he does, he'll be an insane player to watch.

You know that Tre Jones has to be salivating about the idea of passing to those three.

I ate there just last evening and must have seem a dozen beautiful women though most had small kids with them.

I like their chicken and dumplings along with those hot cornbread muffins. OFC

Last edited:
I like their chicken and dumplings along with those hot corn muffins. OFC

Word. They used to have some fire steak and biscuits. The steak was grilled and tender as could be. Wish they still had those, as you could get a side of dumplings and hash brown casserole as your two sides. Just amazing.

That's funny! I have to ask, since I've been on this board I've seen "OFC" used by many. Constantly by some, religously by others. I've never seen it before. It seems like one of those over used TLA's that has lost its significance like "Lol" and the likes, but could very well have some meaning. What does it stand for?

Yeah, it's the Old Fart's Club. To be in it you need to be either 55 years old, or been pulling for Duke before Coach K came. If you decide to join & you're caught behind enemy lines (THR) by being tombstoned, the OFC will disavow your association. Good luck, and good fartin'

OFC

The old time candy that Cracker Barrel keeps on hand is an overlooked delicasy. Some of them, Mallow Cups, etc, are treasures from days gone by...

I was there and saw it all go down. Show just walked up to Zion's dad and gave him a rather large brief case. I thought to myself I got to do my part but I had no cash but I did have a $50.00 gift card from The Cracker Barrel and I gave it to Zion himself. Zion just looked up at me and winked and Zion's dad nodded in approval at me. Made me feel wonderful just because I feel like I'm a part of it all. ;) OFC
You used all fifty on Zion dadgummit you needed to keep some of that to pay off the refs

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT