ADVERTISEMENT

Zion does us proud @ ESPYs!

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
Zion is such a TREASURE to Duke University, just being honored at the ESPYs! He could not have been more humble, and showed what an awesome rep he is of the Duke brand!

In Z's words, "I LOVE DUKE, and I have to give a shoutout to The Brotherhood!" Thanks for a memorable year young man!

OFC

DAMN I love that kid!!
I am going to miss him more than I have any other Duke player in a very long time.
No matter what happens this year, I will think about him every single game I watch and be wishing he would walk up to that scorers table. It is just going to feel like there is a piece missing. And seeing Tre out there will probably compound that. Kick some NBA butt Z man!!!

Last edited:
DAMN I love that kid!!
I am going to miss him more than I have any other Duke player in a very long time.
No matter what happens this year, I will think about him every single game I watch and be wishing he would walk up to that scorers table. It is just going to feel like there is a piece missing. And seeing Tre pit there will probably compound that. Kick some NBA butt Z man!!!

Beautifully stated, and so totally agree!!!

OFC

Zion is such a TREASURE to Duke University, just being honored at the ESPYs! He could not have been more humble, and showed what an awesome rep he is of the Duke brand!

In Z's words, "I LOVE DUKE, and I have to give a shoutout to The Brotherhood!" Thanks for a memorable year young man!

OFC[/QUOTE

Yes he is. I no longer watch ESPN shows for obvious reasons but turned over just in time to see this Duke treasure get the award. He always mentions Duke and his teammates. Great young man.

Reactions: hart2chesson

OFC

People just don’t get how much that helps with recruiting. Zion is my favorite Dukie of all time!

I've always looked at Kyrie as the guy who got the recruiting train back on track and rolling again. He was the #1 pick, an NBA champion, and a guy who plays an exciting brand of ball. Young recruits really look up to him and respect his game.

But...I think Zion will steal that mantle (he may already have) and be the face of the Duke program to sell future recruits on that have quick NBA aspirations.

Last edited:
I've always looked at Kyrie as the guy who got the recruiting train back on track and rolling again. He was the #1 pick, an NBA champion, and a guy who plays an exciting brand of ball. Young recruits really looked up to him and respected his game.

But...I think Zion will steal that mantle (he may already have) and be the face of the Duke program to sell future recruits on that have quick NBA aspirations.

Agreed!

Reactions: jwill133
I still cannot get over just how much talent that kid had and what were lucky to have. We've had some extraordinary talent come through but man....

Zion was just something even greater.

A very special player and person and that I doubt we will see another like for a long time, at Duke or elsewhere

Reactions: Quavarius
I've always looked at Kyrie as the guy who got the recruiting train back on track and rolling again. He was the #1 pick, an NBA champion, and a guy who plays an exciting brand of ball. Young recruits really look up to him and respect his game.

Nolan, as far as being an ambassador goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT