ADVERTISEMENT

Zion’s dunks

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
This tweet reminded me of something I heard from rival fans.

“Zion is only dunking on short, white kids in South Carolina.” He’s not going to do that against Kentucky and UNC. Wait until he meets ACC defenders. He’s too slow. He’s so fat, they said.

There are people on the Main Board, not the CBB but the Main Board that still downplay his game. His 360 wasn't impressive because he was by himself. Blah blah blah. This might be a bit of a homer thing to say, which is fine, because we on on the home board. But I think everyone was impressed by him until he committed to Duke. There is one guy in particular (wardhawk) who was "introducing" Zion to people on tMB, but now he isn't impressed at all.

There are people on the Main Board, not the CBB but the Main Board that still downplay his game. His 360 wasn't impressive because he was by himself. Blah blah blah. This might be a bit of a homer thing to say, which is fine, because we on on the home board. But I think everyone was impressed by him until he committed to Duke. There is one guy in particular (wardhawk) who was "introducing" Zion to people on tMB, but now he isn't impressed at all.

If you aren't impressed with Zion, dunks aside, you have one of two issues:

1. You're an idiot
2. Extreme denial

I still find it ironic that 18 years ago, in a hospital, that his mom would name him after the church in Jerusalem, and that he would be 6-7 and 280 lbs. with a 45" vertical. His name fits him. Period.

It's like he was destined for greatness.

It would be so easy to just give the kid his props and keep it moving. I’ve done it even for rival teams. Greatness is greatness and real recognize real.

But you’re right! Everyone was impressed with Zion when they said there was NO way he’d go play with RJ, Cam and Tre.

Then, he became fat!

It would be so easy to just give the kid his props and keep it moving. I’ve done it even for rival teams. Greatness is greatness and real recognize real.

But you’re right! Everyone was impressed with Zion when they said there was NO way he’d go play with RJ, Cam and Tre.

Then, he became fat!

I have forgotten how fat he is which makes him even more amazing with his agility. Just think if he wasn't so fat he could aggressive at least 5 inches to his verticle and his court speed would be amazing. I wonder if the Duke staff is aware of it. Maybe they could put him on a diet and conditioning program. Could it be that hof coach roy williams told him that if wanted to play at unc cheater u he was going to have to run those banner dome steps until he got down to 225 even if it took him four years. Zion being the fat, lazy slob he is just couldn't deal with that and decided to go
elsewhere. Zion saw what it did to kennedy meeks and sean may and said screw it. OFC

My brother in law is a UNC fan...a nice one if you believe it...and he said he watches Duke games just to see Zion now.

Reactions: Quavarius
My brother in law is a UNC fan...a nice one if you believe it...and he said he watches Duke games just to see Zion now.

I have a friend at work who is a big UK fan and made the comment this morning that it's been years since he intentionally watched a Duke game, but doesn't want to miss one now because of Zion

His size coupled with his motor has to be second to none. The dude never stops.

I will confess....if I wasn't a Duke fan, I can see how the whole Zion circus would be annoying. But, I'm also very happy that UNC fans get to put up with it. In fact, I hope tonight during their game at State, the announcers make a concerted effort to talk about Duke as much as they can. The misery of UNC fans always puts a smile on my face.

I will confess....if I wasn't a Duke fan, I can see how the whole Zion circus would be annoying. But, I'm also very happy that UNC fans get to put up with it. In fact, I hope tonight during their game at State, the announcers make a concerted effort to talk about Duke as much as they can. The misery of UNC fans always puts a smile on my face.
Zion is getting the Tebow treatment from espn, he’s handling it great though and backing it up.

I love that the Heels are cryin' over Zion! I remember how ESPN, and the Heels fawned over the Black Falcon (when he first showed up)...and hell he never came close to the hype.

OFC

Zion sells. Everyone else is waiting for him to do bad, so they can laugh. Same goes for Duke. Duke sells, and gets the attention.
But our fans can’t have it both ways. When we hear announcers critique Duke, we should live with it.

Lead headline win or lose. It is what it is.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I’m very interested in seeing any 360 dunks (in-game) where the dunker wasn’t by himself.. I don’t think a 360 is a dunk too many players attempt with a defender in front of them..
Honestly he could try a 360 dunk with a defender in the way and they still wouldn’t jump with him. If you look at a replay his head was at the rim and he made it look so easy. He’s not just an elite athlete. He’s basketballs version of Bo Jackson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT