ADVERTISEMENT

Yes UNC fans Austin Rivers can play In the NBA

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
He goes for 25 points tonight as he and JJ scored 20 points in the third quarter outscoring the whole Rocket team.
They score 18 in the fourth as JJ gets 31 for the game. Austin was unbelievable tonight as he could not be stopped.JJ's defense on Harden was huge. How he had the energy to score 15 in the 4th after trying to stay with Harden was amazing.
Is there a better guard tandem in the pros from the same college ? Oops. I forgot about Reggie Bullock and PJ Hairston (who shot 30 percent from the floor this season).
No wonder the best guards want to play for Duke.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Yeah but Hansbrough, Lawson, and Danny Green all led their teams to big wins. And Sean May is still in running for NBDL player of the weekend.

Oh wait, on second thought none of this is true.

Hansbrough, Green, Lawson and May are some of the best player in the NBA........On their home Playstations that is.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Over 40% of the points provided by Duke Blue Devils, a little bit of R&R -- Redick and Rivers! Fun to watch!

Reactions: dbav
Some kid from Duke, I think his name is Mike Dunleavy, didn't look too shabby yesterday either!! Isn't it great to see all those Duke players, they are everywhere!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Thanks for the clip aah555. I'm glad that Rivers was traded to the Clippers and I know his dad enjoyed watching the R and R show.

Is there a better guard tandem in the pros from the same college ?

I thought this question was really interesting. You obviously meant a tandem from college on the same NBA team, since Rivers and JJ isn't even the best Duke combo if you can use players from different teams. A cursory glance at NBA rosters suggests that even having two guards on the same team from the same college is really rare. In fact, I couldn't find any, though it's possible I missed a few. There's definitely not another tandem of guys from the same school who get minutes for the same team.

A really fun debate is to see which school has the best PG/SG combo playing in the NBA. Some sample tandems:

Irving/Redick (Duke)
Wall/Bledsoe (UK)
Lawson/Green (UNC)
Conley/Turner (OSU)
Smart/Allen (Ok St.) - A terrifying defensive combo.
Westbrook/Afflalo (UCLA) - A couple of possible partners for Russ depending on how strict you want to be.
A fun one that breaks the rules is Paul/Teague from Wake Forest.

I thought this question was really interesting. You obviously meant a tandem from college on the same NBA team, since Rivers and JJ isn't even the best Duke combo if you can use players from different teams. A cursory glance at NBA rosters suggests that even having two guards on the same team from the same college is really rare. In fact, I couldn't find any, though it's possible I missed a few. There's definitely not another tandem of guys from the same school who get minutes for the same team.

A really fun debate is to see which school has the best PG/SG combo playing in the NBA. Some sample tandems:

Irving/Redick (Duke)
Wall/Bledsoe (UK)
Lawson/Green (UNC)
Conley/Turner (OSU)
Smart/Allen (Ok St.) - A terrifying defensive combo.
Westbrook/Afflalo (UCLA) - A couple of possible partners for Russ depending on how strict you want to be.
A fun one that breaks the rules is Paul/Teague from Wake Forest.

What about Marshall/Hairston (UNC)

Austin has really found a nice niche in L.A. And we already knew J.J. was very good. I'm happy to see the two of them playing so well right now on the biggest stage.

Glad to see Subzero doing so well. Unless you're a superstar, finding the right place to fit in is sometimes all the difference between having a good career in the NBA, and ending up in another league.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT