ADVERTISEMENT

Which Tarheel prediction is more likely to happen?

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Steat predicting Golden State will give Harrison Barnes a max contract or another Tarheel loon predicting Isiah Hicks will be similar to Tristan Thompson in the NBA? Barnes was scoreless last night going 0-9 from the field. He is a good 4 th or 5 th option for Warriors but I do not see him becoming a second or third option for any team. His 3 million dollar salary should double with next contract but there will be no max deal.
As for Hicks I think he better improve his college game before we say he will be as good as the current top offensive rebounder in the NBA.

Barnes is pretty good. Actually, he's turned out better than I thought he would. He's in a perfect situation at Golden State. But he's not a max contract kind of a guy on a championship-caliber team.

And before Hicks becomes Tristan Thompson he should be Amile Jefferson.

Reactions: pisgah101 and dbav
Barnes will eventually end up a Hornet with a big contract just because because he'll put gullible Tar Heel fans in the seats. OFC

Reactions: Bludvls1
Now there is a comparison to James Hardin.
Next someone will predict the Black Falcon will be the MVP in a few years.

Barnes is pretty good. Actually, he's turned out better than I thought he would. He's in a perfect situation at Golden State. But he's not a max contract kind of a guy on a championship-caliber team.

And before Hicks becomes Tristan Thompson he should be Amile Jefferson.

Gotta give the dude his props. He's obviously worked hard and become a very solid NBA player.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Curry is the first three options. He made the Rockets look bad last night. The Rocket fan close to the court would have been better off not talking smack. Barnes has become a good defensive player and he knows who to get the ball to.

Them saying that Barnes is a max contract type of player is really pretty funny. They are so desperate to have it like it was back in the 80's and 90's with Jordan, Worthy and Vince Carter and many others. Harrison Barnes in not even a top 5 player for Golden State,

Harrison Barnes is a good NBA player, but he's not THR hype good...and he's certainly not Black Falcon 'Brand' worthy. Barnes made his own logo, and made big plans to promote himself. It didn't turn out quite the way he imagined. But he's still a solid NBA player with room for growth...just not max money imo.

LogoPogo2.jpg

OFC

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes in not even a top 5 player for Golden State,

I'm hardly a Barnes fan but this seems a little over the top. He's certainly one of their top five players and an argument could be made he's in the top three. But top five is definite. He's actually become a very, very good defender. Still don't like him....but he's a very good NBA player.

I personally wouldn't agree with Barnes being a "very good NBA player".

He's pretty good defensively but he is what he is on offense. He's a spot up shooter with little to no driving ability which is due to his lack of a first step. I noticed that within the first 2 games of his UNC career.

No first step and no lateral quickness on offense. Those types are easy to defend.

On his own team Curry is better, Thompson is better, Green is better. Those three are without a doubt better than Barnes and I watch so little NBA that I can't even tell you who else is on the team besides Bogut, who is very valuable himself.

HB is absolutely behind those 3 Buck, completely agree. He is a solid player, but he's a role player. Anyone in their right mind thinking that he's a max contract guy is just a blind homer, which is basically what THR is.

Then he comes in at number 4 or 5 dukiejay. He is a role player that will score 5 to 12 points a night sometimes a few more and sometimes a few less. Almost any player in the NBA is capable of scoring 5 to 12 a night. He did hit a couple of nice 3's last night but it didn't help on a losing night for GS.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, but going 5-12ppg is kind of a stretch. For the most part, he's a 10ppg career scorer....which is much different from 5ppg. On top of that, he's carving out a niche and becoming a top defender. A lot of players are capable of scoring in that range but don't. That's why few of them last a long time. Barring injuries, I can see Barnes taking a similar career to Redick. Different games, but valuable players.

Steat predicting Golden State will give Harrison Barnes a max contract or another Tarheel loon predicting Isiah Hicks will be similar to Tristan Thompson in the NBA? Barnes was scoreless last night going 0-9 from the field. He is a good 4 th or 5 th option for Warriors but I do not see him becoming a second or third option for any team. His 3 million dollar salary should double with next contract but there will be no max deal.
As for Hicks I think he better improve his college game before we say he will be as good as the current top offensive rebounder in the NBA.
Barnes will be one of the greatest 50 NBA players by the time he is through. ;) OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Player Efficiency Rating isn't a tell-all conclusion, but Barnes is only 10th on his own team in PER. A few those guys have a much smaller sample sizes - so I suppose you could say 7th or 8th. On-ball defense isn't factored into the equation, so I suppose he could be even higher - but I definitely don't see him as a top 3 player for the Warriors (Curry, Thompson, and Green in that order).

Surprising to me, Barnes did play well last night, I think he had 28 or so points but I still don't like him.

Surprising to me, Barnes did play well last night, I think he had 28 or so points but I still don't like him.
he had 24 last night and did play very well, will give him that. Obviously, i'll never support the guy, but I won't blindly say he sucks either. He's a very solid player on a really good team. Yesterday he stepped up.

I'm hardly a Barnes fan but this seems a little over the top. He's certainly one of their top five players and an argument could be made he's in the top three. But top five is definite. He's actually become a very, very good defender. Still don't like him....but he's a very good NBA player.[/QUOTE]

I think very good is a bit of a stretch. He's the fourth best player on his team behind Curry, Thompson, and Green. He's solid, but he's expendable when it really comes down to it. More like a poor mans Trevor Ariza

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT