ADVERTISEMENT

Where are you from.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
DJ threaded about what we do. How about where we're from. Just the town and state you currently reside in.

Burlington, N.C.OFC

Selden, NY....'91 was the year I got into college hoops. The win over the Runnin Rebels played a big part in that, so I've been an unofficial Dukie since.

Reactions: skysdad
Resident of Wilkes County, but live in Davidson county , NC . worked in High Point most of life. Went to Duke games in the '60's when you could buy tickets at the window on night of game.

DJ is really Roy Williams and sky is really Hubert Davis. This thread and the thread about 'what we do' are both ploys by DJ and skysdad to steal all of our identities so they can finance the purchase of cars for UNC players. In a day or two they'll ask for everyone's birthday and last four of our SSN. DON'T FALL FOR THE SCAM!!!

DJ is really Roy Williams and sky is really Hubert Davis. This thread and the thread about 'what we do' are both ploys by DJ and skysdad to steal all of our identities so they can finance the purchase of cars for UNC players. In a day or two they'll ask for everyone's birthday and last four of our SSN. DON'T FALL FOR THE SCAM!!!

Hahahaha, now that's funny, FTB!

Now here's my experience with this type of thing. I don't know if Sky remembers me telling him about this (about 3 years ago), but a short time after I mentioned where I live...a Tar Heel fan (and yes no doubt, he made sure I knew) sometime in the wee morning hours went down the road I live on and staked 20 or so signs into the ground...in both directions leading to my house...over a half a mile of road. On these signs he called me by my DI identity, and made reference to the UNC photoshops I had made. They were not very nice. It took a lot of time to make those signs (and stakes), plus the nerve to put them out.
So, even though it wouldn't be too hard to find out where I live, I'm not going to hand out the front door key to anymore insane Heel fans. I'll just say that I live in NC.

OFC

Hahahaha, now that's funny, FTB!

Now here's my experience with this type of thing. I don't know if Sky remembers me telling him about this (about 3 years ago), but a short time after I mentioned where I live...a Tar Heel fan (and yes no doubt, he made sure I knew) sometime in the wee morning hours went down the road I live on and staked 20 or so signs into the ground...in both directions leading to my house...over a half a mile of road. On these signs he called me by my DI identity, and made reference to the UNC photoshops I had made. They were not very nice. It took a lot of time to make those signs (and stakes), plus the nerve to put them out.
So, even though it wouldn't be too hard to find out where I live, I'm not going to hand out the front door key to anymore insane Heel fans. I'll just say that I live in NC.

OFC

WOW! Some people take message board talk a little too seriously. That's a crazy story.

Whoever did that is living one hell of a sad existence, but they're a Tar Wheel fan so I'm not really surprised.

WOW! Some people take message board talk a little too seriously. That's a crazy story.

Whoever did that is living one hell of a sad existence, but they're a Tar Wheel fan so I'm not really surprised.

Yeah, it was pretty shocking to me. My oldest daughter had stayed over night to help me with her mother, and she got up to go to work (early morning) and saw all the signs. She came back and woke me up, and then she helped me pulled up all the signs before she went to work. She was livid (much more than me). She doesn't like Tar Heel fans very much anyway...but after that, she really doesn't like 'em.;)

OFC

Yes I agree. Got to be someone you know pretty well dirt but like FTB says a Tar Heel fan would do this. My guess is he is a THR poster from the same town you live in ans for some reason he knows who you are by the nick name of oldasdirt. I imagine he reads here at DI everyday. I don't think he's a friend though. No friend would ever do something like that. I would think he's a coward also and probably will read this post. I doubt you will ever find out who it was simply because he is gutless. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Yes I agree. Got to be someone you know pretty well dirt but like FTB says a Tar Heel fan would do this. My guess is he is a THR poster from the same town you live in ans for some reason he knows who you are by the nick name of oldasdirt. I imagine he reads here at DI everyday. I don't think he's a friend though. No friend would ever do something like that. I would think he's a coward also and probably will read this post. I doubt you will ever find out who it was simply because he is gutless. OFC

Oh, believe me Sky, he wasn't a friend. These signs were 'nasty'. Thankfully, we got the signs up before the neighbors (as far as I know of) seen them. I never had anyone mention them to me. I don't have that many neighbors, and many of them are retired.

OFC

Born & raised on Long Island, lived in Manhattan for 10+ years after school, back to LI with family & now contemplating move to Charlotte, NC. My brother lives in Charlotte and the real estate/home value is light years ahead of NYC suburbs.

Born & raised on Long Island, lived in Manhattan for 10+ years after school, back to LI with family & now contemplating move to Charlotte, NC. My brother lives in Charlotte and the real estate/home value is light years ahead of NYC suburbs.
I was just in Farmingdale last week. Was at Bethpage.

Reactions: Laettner
Oh, believe me Sky, he wasn't a friend. These signs were 'nasty'. Thankfully, we got the signs up before the neighbors (as far as I know of) seen them. I never had anyone mention them to me. I don't have that many neighbors, and many of them are retired.

OFC

I can feel for you dirt. I know at 2 or more UNC fans know who I am and exactly where I live. One figured my nickname out by because our kids where friends but I far as I know he's more of a lurker and I just don't believe he would be disrespectful. Another Heel fan I know was once a co-worker of mine and he actually helped me set up the DI account. Even though he never said anything I believe it he got me messed up a few years ago by posting something over at THR that those guys thought it was me with an account acting like a Tar Heel fan. One of their mods traced it back to my computer and so did dukiejay. I think he also had a part with the ponarkel/skysdad mix up. Still I consider him a friend that let a practical joke go too far. I don't think either one of these UNC fans would ever do anything as stupid ans classless as the person that did this to you dirt. Of course they know who they are and could very easily be a THR regular. Tar Heel fans are everywhere in abundance. They are just like starlings. You can't control most of them. I do have to say I have a lot of friends and family who are UNC fans and the salt of the earth. They are Tar Heel fans. They can't help it. It's their nature bless their hearts. It's the ones like harassed you dirt that are scum that all good Tar Heel fans should be ashamed of. OFC

I'm not going to hand out the front door key to anymore insane Heel fans. I'll just say that I live in NC.

OFC
I feel the same way. In a thread on the national board a while back, I mentioned I had a friend who was a UNC alumnus who worked as a corporate attorney in San Francisco who was worried about the school losing accreditation. Some lunatic UNC fan actually found my buddy on Facebook and started using his name in the thread, asking me questions about him. Super, super creepy.

I'll stick with I was born and raised and currently reside in the South.

Also, ODD, what does OFC stand for? I have seen that a lot on here and never knew what it meant.

I can feel for you dirt. I know at 2 or more UNC fans know who I am and exactly where I live. One figured my nickname out by because our kids where friends but I far as I know he's more of a lurker and I just don't believe he would be disrespectful. Another Heel fan I know was once a co-worker of mine and he actually helped me set up the DI account. Even though he never said anything I believe it he got me messed up a few years ago by posting something over at THR that those guys thought it was me with an account acting like a Tar Heel fan. One of their mods traced it back to my computer and so did dukiejay. I think he also had a part with the ponarkel/skysdad mix up. Still I consider him a friend that let a practical joke go too far. I don't think either one of these UNC fans would ever do anything as stupid ans classless as the person that did this to you dirt. Of course they know who they are and could very easily be a THR regular. Tar Heel fans are everywhere in abundance. They are just like starlings. You can't control most of them. I do have to say I have a lot of friends and family who are UNC fans and the salt of the earth. They are Tar Heel fans. They can't help it. It's their nature bless their hearts. It's the ones like harassed you dirt that are scum that all good Tar Heel fans should be ashamed of. OFC

I remember the troubles you had with your account. Why they always picking on us old guys, Sky?:cool: I know many good Heel fans also, Sky...but there are some rabid ones out there also. Stuff like this won't stop me...in fact...I made more photoshops after that little stunt than I had ever made before. Us old guys can be pretty stubborn!

OFC

I feel the same way. In a thread on the national board a while back, I mentioned I had a friend who was a UNC alumnus who worked as a corporate attorney in San Francisco who was worried about the school losing accreditation. Some lunatic UNC fan actually found my buddy on Facebook and started using his name in the thread, asking me questions about him. Super, super creepy.

Also, ODD, what does OFC stand for? I have seen that a lot on here and never knew what it meant.

Mark, it's amazing how far some fans will go with their animosity. I don't mind joking (even if it gets a little rough), and I can give and take with most anyone, but there is a point when a line needs to be drawn.

Oh, the 'OFC' stands for Old Farts Club'...that's a group of us over 55 posters. Sky started the club, and Heyman is his right hand man. I believe you're a little too young to get in...just yet. I don't mind you waiting though...because by then I'll truly be dirt.:D

OFC

I'll answer that if it's ok gas. It stands for Old Farts Club. To join you must be at least 55 or a Duke fan prior to Coach K. but there are exceptions. We always put OFC at the end of our post. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I'll answer that if it's ok gas. It stands for Old Farts Club. To join you must be at least 60 or a Duke fan prior to Coach K. but there are exceptions. We always put OFC at the end of our post. OFC

Oh no, it looks like I gave Mark some wrong info, Sky...I said 55. Well, that's why I'm not an officer of the OFC board!:D

OFC

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT