ADVERTISEMENT

What are Josh Hairston and Tyler Thornton up to?

I love Duke Basketball as much as anyone on this board if not more but if Josh in overseas playing ball. man I need to pack up and go play oversees with my 36 year year old knees. I am averaging 12 points and 5 assist with my buddies on Monday Nights ( all 10 of us)

I loved his attitude, he was a great kid and had his moments but he was frustrating sometimes to watch. I remember watching him at countdown to craziness his junior and senior year and he played great and made almost every shot, and thought alright he has improved , then was saddened really quick.

Reckon they are both still really close, only reason for me saying that is they were together walking around outside Lucas oil stadium on the night of the title game and i was lucky enough to get a picture of my wife and i with tyler before the game. Then post game they were both standing together, which makes me wanna say they likely sat together. So i gather they're still close, neither was ever the most talented but there was always something about tyler i genuinely enjoyed. Can't quite put my finger on it though, and hey he did become a fairly reliable shooter from beyond the arc.

Tyler was bearable for me josh... Not so much I think he gave it his all but he had no business being at Duke IMO.

Tyler was bearable for me josh... Not so much I think he gave it his all but he had no business being at Duke IMO.
Zip it with this nonsense. Hairston loved the hell out of his school and gave his all every time he got a chance to play. You should rethink posting if you're going to denigrate a hardworking Blue Devil like Josh. Either that, or keep your insults to yourself.

Reactions: skysdad
They are gone let it go. Both kids gave 100% and worked their asses off. Tyler Thornton will never be in my list of top duke players but he is definitely one of my favorite kids that played in the Blue.

They are gone let it go. Both kids gave 100% and worked their asses off. Tyler Thornton will never be in my list of top duke players but he is definitely one of my favorite kids that played in the Blue.
Tyler deserves admiration alone for his huge 3-pointers against Kansas in Maui in 2011. He was a phenomenal leader and exactly what Coach K needed him to be. I hope we see Tyler on our bench in the coming years. I think he'd make an excellent coach.

Why ever trash a kid who tries his best, gives his all to the program, and NEVER embarrasses the program? First off, it is not their fault K recruited and offered them. Second, every program needs guys like that. If they got minutes and "underperformed," maybe you should think of how bad the team would have looked if they weren't their to go to. Would you prefer walk-ons getting key minutes instead?

Last, Josh was key for Duke beating UK a couple of years back. UK was very tough that year, I am pretty sure. That alone was worth it for me.

It's a shame this thread has gone down a certain road. The original poster asked what they were up to, not for people's likes or dislikes in how they played.

As mentioned, Tyler is on Wojo's staff and currently attending grad school at Marquette. He will be a very good coach someday....and the reason I say that is because Coach K mentioned it a number of times.

Josh got the opportunity to play overseas and actually was playing well until he had a serious leg/knee injury that derailed his season.

Also, as mentioned above, both were in Indy cheering on their former school and some former teammates at the Final Four. While neither ever amounted to All-ACC caliber players I've love to put their heart into every player who ever wears a Duke uniform.

Reactions: aah555
Zip it with this nonsense. Hairston loved the hell out of his school and gave his all every time he got a chance to play. You should rethink posting if you're going to denigrate a hardworking Blue Devil like Josh. Either that, or keep your insults to yourself.
Haha seriously dude? I said he gave his all? I didn't bad mouth him ONE BIT u don't have to daddy me jerk it's a message board and I can say what I please about whoever I want. He gave his all but he wasn't duke caliber plan and simple.. Sorry u disagree but I don't need you to get onto me.. How many times is that you've tried to do that to me anyway?

Reactions: adm015
It's a shame this thread has gone down a certain road. The original poster asked what they were up to, not for people's likes or dislikes in how they played.

As mentioned, Tyler is on Wojo's staff and currently attending grad school at Marquette. He will be a very good coach someday....and the reason I say that is because Coach K mentioned it a number of times.

Josh got the opportunity to play overseas and actually was playing well until he had a serious leg/knee injury that derailed his season.

Also, as mentioned above, both were in Indy cheering on their former school and some former teammates at the Final Four. While neither ever amounted to All-ACC caliber players I've love to put their heart into every player who ever wears a Duke uniform.
FYI one poster said if Josh is playing over seas he should give it a try too that's where my post came from. Sorry I got yours and Marks panties all wadded up but geez..

Haha ok jay I'll just stop.. Clearly it isn't worth this it's not even a big deal

Zip it with this nonsense. Hairston loved the hell out of his school and gave his all every time he got a chance to play. You should rethink posting if you're going to denigrate a hardworking Blue Devil like Josh. Either that, or keep your insults to yourself.[/QUOTE

They always tried they very very best they could to help duke win. Yes they had their flaws, but they poured their hearts into helping us. No amount of bad mouthing them is going to suddenly make the shots they missed years ago go back through the hoop. I also wish they would have helped duke win 4 nationals. But I'm glad they showed a lot of class and character while they were here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT