ADVERTISEMENT

To OldasdirtDevil.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Dirt I just want you to know how much you contribute to this board. You are so good natured and have the best attitude. Even though you were banned from THR you reached out the best way you knew how for your concern for Mike Irby. I know he had to appreciate it. I bet deep down they wish you were a Tar Heel fan. Just keep on annoying them.You have your own responsibility with your wife and you don't go around complaining about it here just because you have that unconditional love for her that we all should have. I hope I'm not out of line mentioning this but all of your DI friends need to know his side of you. Every time I see your name pop up I go directly to it because I know it wil be something of value or one of your great photo shops that always brings a smile to my face. I know I could have sent you a private message but all here needs to realize the man you are . Never met you and would have no idea who you were if I bumped into you tomorrow but your are a true friend and I really want to meet you some day. Dirt please forgive me if this makes you fell uncomfortable. OFC

I appreciate the kind words, Sky. I respect, and think the world of you also my friend. Your mother-in-law, and your wife's devotion to her (actually all your family) is something I admire tremendously. God, family, and friends...those are the most important things.

I know you're like me about our Tar Heel friends. We'll make fun of them (and their team), but some stuff you have to put aside for the important things. Games are one thing, but life, and health are quite another. I believe Mike Irby is a good man, and I pray he licks this terrible disease he has. The last time I checked, he still didn't have a donor...hopefully that'll change soon.

OFC

Dirt I just want you to know how much you contribute to this board. You are so good natured and have the best attitude. Even though you were banned from THR you reached out the best way you knew how for your concern for Mike Irby. I know he had to appreciate it. I bet deep down they wish you were a Tar Heel fan. Just keep on annoying them.You have your own responsibility with your wife and you don't go around complaining about it here just because you have that unconditional love for her that we all should have. I hope I'm not out of line mentioning this but all of your DI friends need to know his side of you. Every time I see your name pop up I go directly to it because I know it wil be something of value or one of your great photo shops that always brings a smile to my face. I know I could have sent you a private message but all here needs to realize the man you are . Never met you and would have no idea who you were if I bumped into you tomorrow but your are a true friend and I really want to meet you some day. Dirt please forgive me if this makes you fell uncomfortable. OFC

Ditto^^^! You are one of a kind OAD.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
ODD, the important things in my life are similar to yours with one addition:
God, family, friends and beer.

If you have these things in your life, you are a rich man.

Hahaha, that aint's a bad list, Denver!:D You're right about what makes a rich man. Money is good to have, but if that's all you've got...you're very poor indeed.
People like Sky, Show, JCC, yourself, and others make life, and being a Blue Devil fan so much more nicer.

Thanks to all for the warm, and kinds words.

OFC

OFC

I want to say a big yes and agree to everything Sky said! In all honesty OAD and Sky are my two fav posters on here and I love the awesome things they both come up with. I wish I knew you guys in person cuz I bet y'all are jus as Great May God always bless you both!

I want to say a big yes and agree to everything Sky said! In all honesty OAD and Sky are my two fav posters on here and I love the awesome things they both come up with. I wish I knew you guys in person cuz I bet y'all are jus as Great May God always bless you both!

Thanks Pisgah, I enjoy your posting also. I wholeheartedly agree about Sky. He's the biggest reason why I started posting on this board.
A lot of great posters on this board, but I don't think it's a secret that Sky is the face of DI. He's a one of a kind...and I mean that in the very best way possible.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad

Thanks pisgah. You make this old fart feel wonderful and important. I really enjoy this and try to keep things on the lighter side. I love to laugh and make others laugh but I do understand what this board is all about and it's Duke. I love talking old times and tend to remind the board members that there was Duke basketball before Coach K that at times were very good. The G.O.A.T .just turned those very good teams into great teams and increased our fan base 10 times. If it were not for Coach K I'm pretty sure this board would be no where it is. I love to annoy THR but love the guys here more. Love to see UNC lose at every thing but love seeing Duke win more although that be close. Ha Ha. I'm so glad I joined this board in 2006 after being urged by an UNC fan to do so. Just think this board has an UNC fan to thank or blame for having skysdad and his substitute ponarkel for all of this. I'm looking forward to my 25,000th post I hope the timing of it is vintage skysdad and maybe another HOF Coach Roy Williams blunder.. And to thank I started out just lurking trying to figure all of this out. I also thrilled that my son DukeSky85 decided to join and become a regular. He is pure Duke as I am but doesn't post quite as often because he is busy working hard raising my two grandsons in the proper way by being 4th generation Dukies. My son as a small boy didn't have a chance of becoming anything else but a Dukie. He can't help it now. It's become his nature. Bless his heart. There is a statement I told him when he was small that I don't remember about his choice to become a Duke fan. I'll let him tell the story if he feels inclined but it's vintage skysdad for sure. Looking forward to another great season for both Duke basketball, football and all the other Duke sports and another on going never off season of the DI board. OFC

Last edited:
Thanks Pisgah, I enjoy your posting also. I wholeheartedly agree about Sky. He's the biggest reason why I started posting on this board.
A lot of great posters on this board, but I don't think it's a secret that Sky is the face of DI. He's a one of a kind...and I mean that in the very best way possible.

OFC

Thanks dirt but there were a lot of guys that were here way before I got on board. I've learned how to post from them, took their advice and have become a better and even bigger Duke fan because of them. Way too many to name them but any poster before March 3rd 2006 can be counted among them. OFC

Yeah if youre talking about the time you said "If you became gay id still love you, but if you became a UNC fan I wouldn't love you anymore"..

That's it but I'd love even if you were an UNC fan. J just wouldn't leave you my baseball card collection. ;) OFC

ODD's posts are a must see for any fan (Duke or not). Next time I'm in North Carolina I'm not leaving til I have a beer with the man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT