ADVERTISEMENT

This is why Coach K is the greatest

Dad2ze

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 8, 2012
This side of the Neuse

This is why Coach K is the G.O.A.T. I will never forget this moment as long as I live. This is a friend of mine right before he passed away. He never got to go to the game but he was a HUGE Duke fan and even better husband, father, and friend. I didn't add him to my hero list because he never would want to be called that. He was one hell of a firefighter and our bond as firemen and friends will never be forgotten.

This is why Coach K is the G.O.A.T. I will never forget this moment as long as I live. This is a friend of mine right before he passed away. He never got to go to the game but he was a HUGE Duke fan and even better husband, father, and friend. I didn't add him to my hero list because he never would want to be called that. He was one hell of a firefighter and our bond as firemen and friends will never be forgotten.

The video works perfectly, Dad2. And thank you for posting that video of your friend. It is bittersweet, but very powerful. These are the things in life that mean most...people coming together to try to help one another (in a time of need) in what ever way is possible. Life is so precious, and fragile. May your friend RIP. May God bless his family, and friends (of which you're one).

OFC

Awesome. It's guys like your friend who are the true heros that risk their life for others. May he rest in peace. Thanks for sharing.

Holy mackerel, that's beautiful. Makes a guy tear up.

RIP to your friend.

Had an awesome speech yesterday in NC state house. Before getting into too much he had a moment of silence for DES and Bill Guthridge.
He also put in a big plug for public education, how we need to take care of teachers, etc. It would be really easy for someone from a private school like Duke to ignore or otherwise be uninvolved w/ support of public ed, but he didn't. He is also pretty conservative politically, from what I understand, so for him to say that to a GOP-dominated GA sends a really powerful message about doing right by the least of us.

He also put in a big plug for public education, how we need to take care of teachers, etc. It would be really easy for someone from a private school like Duke to ignore or otherwise be uninvolved w/ support of public ed, but he didn't. He is also pretty conservative politically, from what I understand, so for him to say that to a GOP-dominated GA sends a really powerful message about doing right by the least of us.
Correct, also bringing up what they do for kids at the Emily K center in Durham. The guy is a class act all the way, doesn't get much better than him.

Reactions: Dattier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT