ADVERTISEMENT

SI Duke Championship

DukeOrDie

Starter
Feb 20, 2010
Does anyone know if Sports Illustrated will be having anything (besides the normal mag with Tyus on the cover) that commemorates Duke's 5th Title? I know they have in the past but I haven't seen anything online saying that they will. Just curious...

Hope SI does something beyond the usual issue too. BTW , this might be a good thread to post/link any commemorative publications/vids that anyone runs across. Not clothing or coffee mugs so much but mags, books, dvds etc. I had a decent collection of such things from 2010. Anyway , just a suggestion.

Originally posted by DevilDJ:
Hope SI does something beyond the usual issue too. BTW , this might be a good thread to post/link any commemorative publications/vids that anyone runs across. Not clothing or coffee mugs so much but mags, books, dvds etc. I had a decent collection of such things from 2010. Anyway , just a suggestion.
I agree DJ, I know SI will come out with something, but I think it takes a little longer than we expect. In 2010 I got the subscription, Championship Ball (small one) and I believe a DVD. It was great!
If I see anything I will post, and please guys, do the same.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

If you didnt get a book from 2010, you can still order one from SI, i believe its about 20 bucks. Looking forward to see what it is for this year. I will be picking up a few copies of the new issue next week.

I still have the preseason SI with Jahlil on it. It was one of my good luck charms bucking the SI curse.

I am sure they will do a commemorative edition. Like timo said, they always do.

Originally posted by uwgbluedevil:
If you didnt get a book from 2010, you can still order one from SI, i believe its about 20 bucks. Looking forward to see what it is for this year. I will be picking up a few copies of the new issue next week.
uwg, that's correct, I forgot about that, I got a book from 2010 also. Pretty good package deal for a 1 year subscription to SI.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Yes please please PLEASE post any and all magazine, newspaper, or any other sort of print media that releases any sort of commemorative issue for our National Champions. I live in Kentucky and ill have to hunt even for the si with Stones on the cover.

DVD...
wink.r191677.gif

DVD

Originally posted by diehardDUKIEnKY:
Yes please please PLEASE post any and all magazine, newspaper, or any other sort of print media that releases any sort of commemorative issue for our National Champions. I live in Kentucky and ill have to hunt even for the si with Stones on the cover.
FYI. Just picked up the Sports Illustrated issue this morning. It is the April 13 issue with Tyus smeared all over the front cover!!!
Haven't read it yet, always have to check in on the board first.
Also, keep in mind that it takes a little time for them to put the DVD, book, and anything else they are going to feature together. Great to see that I am not the only one getting antsy!!! Hang in There.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

The Chronicle National Championship Edition

Order the Chronicle's NCAA Championship Keepsake Edition coming out Friday, April 10 that chronicles the entire historic season of Duke men's basketball for $5.

$_12.JPG

The Chronicle

I'd love to see the commemorative cover. I have them for 2001 and 2010.

I still can't believe SI hasn't put anything out yet. They usually show commercial advertising within hours of a team winning a championship.

There will be no SI commemorative. They didn't have one last year either. Have seen no Coke can commemoratives.

There will be no SI commemorative. They didn't have one last year either. Have seen no Coke can commemoratives.

The only reason I asked, is someone here posted a picture of the cans that looked like they were taken in a store where there was a whole pallet of them.

I seen walmart had the championship on blu ray and dvd for sale when I was in there last night

I seen walmart had the championship on blu ray and dvd for sale when I was in there last night

Bought mine awhile back. Not much in the way of "extras" but still enjoyable. I cue mine up to about the 13:00 mark of the second half. Oakafor and Winslow on the bench saddled with foul trouble. Duke with the ball down nine. Grayson Allen from "three" as Jim Nantz says , "He can shoot it..."

Reactions: Dad2ze
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT