ADVERTISEMENT

Rams lose twice today (hoops & pigskin)!

12375CAT

Cameron Crazy
Feb 15, 2012
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
This has been stewing in my head for quite some time and I must ask, where did the cheats ranking come from? They pretty much only made the tournament because they beat their rival when they had absolutely no pressure while a bunch of very young kids with no upper class leadership played in one of the most pressure filled games in the history of college basketball.

Then the cheats, through upsets, injuries, and playing with no pressure against a bunch of kids in THE most pressure filled basketball games in the history of the NCAA, got to the finals. Good on them. But they lose a key part to that run, not exactly a world beater recruiting class, and they are to be the best?

And it just is not the cheats this year. Through luck and everything falling right, a team every year barely makes the tournament but then makes a run. All of a sudden next year that team is picked to be in the final four and a top ranked team. I do not get it.

This has been stewing in my head for quite some time and I must ask, where did the cheats ranking come from? They pretty much only made the tournament because they beat their rival when they had absolutely no pressure while a bunch of very young kids with no upper class leadership played in one of the most pressure filled games in the history of college basketball.

Then the cheats, through upsets, injuries, and playing with no pressure against a bunch of kids in THE most pressure filled basketball games in the history of the NCAA, got to the finals. Good on them. But they lose a key part to that run, not exactly a world beater recruiting class, and they are to be the best?

And it just is not the cheats this year. Through luck and everything falling right, a team every year barely makes the tournament but then makes a run. All of a sudden next year that team is picked to be in the final four and a top ranked team. I do not get it.
Yeah I agree. Really it's very similar to UCLA a year ago when the previous year they made a run as a low seed and made the final four and then returned almost everyone. People just assumed they were a lock to be one of the best teams last year and really they were just a pretty good team. Similarly I think UNC is good this year, but maybe not great. I do expect they will put it together and be solid as the year goes on, unfortunately.

Reactions: sheyduke

It’s rare this day and age for a team to have experienced talent like they have this year. There is a reason they lost so many games last yr though and barely made the Ncaas and hopefully the losses will start piling up again this yr

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT