ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn getting his share of workouts.

hallside

All Conference
Sep 18, 2005
I've been following the workout rosters for teams around the league, mostly looking out for Quinn and hoping he gets drafted. The last couple weeks he has been all over and that will continue this week. I hope he gets a chance on a team. He will be a player that knows his role, and will do anything to contribute. Staying 4 years at Duke did wonders for him as a person and player.

Quinn works out for the Knicks.

I know getting drafted is a cool thing to say, but I'm not sure that would be in Quinn's best interest. Whether he gets drafted or not he's going to get invites to camps and summer leagues. So that doesn't really matter. In fact, by not getting drafted Quinn might be able to pick and choose his situation. That doesn't make it any easier....but it doesn't make it harder, either.

If he gets drafted, it would be in the second round, and there'd be a good chance he'd get cut anyway. Picking and choosing your situation might be cool when you're a superstar looking to check "championship" off your bucket list, but getting picked at all is a blessing for a guy like Quinn. Personally, I'd choose the situation where someone was willing to give me a shot, and being one of 60-odd guys drafted improves that.

I really hope he catches on somewhere. Love the kid and he's a great example of what patience and the right mindset can do for a kid. Good luck Quinn.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT