ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The best T.V. theme songs.

Superman
Lone Ranger
Cisco Kid
Bonanza
Peter Gunn
Cheers
And you have got to love that all time favorite of OAD, Mr. Ed (lmao)!!! That's so rich!!!! OAD, please don't take this the wrong way, I loved Mr. Ed, just hit me funny when you selected it!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Hahahaha, JCC, Mr. Ed rocks!

Mr-Ed-Talking-Horse-Of-Course-gif.gif

OFC

I've never seen Mad Men, but I do like me some Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead...music too.

OFC
I'm clearly biased, but I think those are 3 of the best shows of the last 5 years. AMC really stepped up it's programming the last 10 years.

I love Better Call Saul, but I don't think anything will fill the void left from Breaking Bad ending. Definitely a top-5 favorite show of all time, up there with The Wire, Seinfeld, and The Sopranos.

Reactions: Dad2ze and TheDude1
I'm clearly biased, but I think those are 3 of the best shows of the last 5 years. AMC really stepped up it's programming the last 10 years.

I love Better Call Saul, but I don't think anything will fill the void left from Breaking Bad ending. Definitely a top-5 favorite show of all time, up there with The Wire, Seinfeld, and The Sopranos.

I love my old classic tv, but there has been a renaissance in television over the last decade. I'm going to have to check out 'Mad Men' one of these days...and maybe 'Game of Thrones'. I'm going to watch 'Better Call Saul' in the future also...but I still have a season and a half left of Breaking Bad to watch first.

OFC

Reactions: Neners
I love my old classic tv, but there has been a renaissance in television over the last decade. I'm going to have to check out 'Mad Men' one of these days...and maybe 'Game of Thrones'. I'm going to watch 'Better Call Saul' in the future also...but I still have a season and a half left of Breaking Bad to watch first.

OFC
The last season of Breaking Bad was so freaking good. I wish I could rewatch for the first time again.

I'm not a big fantasy/adventure person, but I absolutely love Game of Thrones.

In terms of shows just getting started, I highly recommend The Americans.

The last season of Breaking Bad was so freaking good. I wish I could rewatch for the first time again.

I'm not a big fantasy/adventure person, but I absolutely love Game of Thrones.

In terms of shows just getting started, I highly recommend The Americans.

I'm glad you mentioned The Americans...one I've had my eye on for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it. So much great tv...not enough time to watch it all, but I'm trying!

OFC

^ I still have no idea what the words to that song are even saying. I just mumble random utterances and sing along to the tune :D

Reactions: pisgah101
I'm glad you mentioned The Americans...one I've had my eye on for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it. So much great tv...not enough time to watch it all, but I'm trying!

OFC
I've got all of the current season waiting on my DVR. Agreed, way too much solid television on these days to make a dent.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I consider myself pretty well versed in this and I'll try to be fair (all opinion here though!)

Mission Impossible
Andy Griffith show
I dream of Jeanie
Nightrider
Transformers
Dallas
Fresh prince of bel-air
Star Trek: The Next generation
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The Sopranos
The Wire

I think those are the best. I might have missed a few, but when it comes to TV themes, those are the ones that stand out in my brain.

You guys got some splainin to do...cause I don't see one of the most recognized and memorable themes of all time. I've heard it a million times, and watched the show almost as many.

I Love Lucy

OFC

Last edited:
Breaking Bad - got my attention in first episode, watched it all in about a month. I was sick and couldn't do much at the time.

Andy Griffith - could watch that one forever.

The Jeffersons - "Moving on Up", that song puts me in a great mood!

There used to be a show on USA called Psych. Lived the show and always liked the theme song.

American Horror Story.
Now I've never seen the show, but I have heard the intro, and I like it. Another show I would like to see in the future...

OFC

You guys got some splainin to do...cause I don't see one of the most recognized and memorable themes of all time. I've heard it a million times, and watched the show almost as many.

I Love Lucy

OFC

OAD, it just doesn't have the same ring to it as "Mr.Ed"?! (lmao)!!
But, how about the Honeymooners?!! Kramden and Norton?! Now that was rich!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

For some reason, I've always loved to hear the Sanford and sons theme, and the Andy Griffith show

Nailed it. Andy Griffith Show. Aunt Bee was a real peach I'd say.

Edit. Black and White only episodes for me. Them colored episodes just weren't the same.

Nailed it. Andy Griffith Show. Aunt Bee was a real peach I'd say.

Edit. Black and White only episodes for me. Them colored episodes just weren't the same.

It's all about the removal of Deputy Barney Fife. Completely changed the dynamic of the show. The best color episodes are the ones when he is there.

I can't believe no of us has mentioned "Walker, Texas Ranger." Chuck Norris sings it for crying out loud. If he see's this and there's not enough support he may take down D.I. OFC

OAD, it just doesn't have the same ring to it as "Mr.Ed"?! (lmao)!!
But, how about the Honeymooners?!! Kramden and Norton?! Now that was rich!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Nothing is quite as awesome as Mr. ED, JCC! And yeah, the Honeymooners was a great show. " One of these days Alice...pow...to the moon" Love the old stuff!

Here's another great old intro, and show:

Car 54, Where Are You?

OFC

Reactions: JCColsCane
I can't believe no of us has mentioned "Walker, Texas Ranger." Chuck Norris sings it for crying out loud. If he see's this and there's not enough support he may take down D.I. OFC

Good one, Sky! Don't mess with the Chuck!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
OAD, good one! Toody & Muldoon, 2 of my favorites!! Gunther Toody, one of the great cops of all time! Car 54, Where are you?.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

OAD, good one! Toody & Muldoon, 2 of my favorites!! Gunther Toody, one of the great cops of all time! Car 54, Where are you?.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Yeah, the younger guys are missing out...Toody & Muldoon were hilarious!

Another oldie but goodie...great theme...and what could be better than cruising the country on US 66, in a Vette, back in the 60's?

Route 66

OFC

Reactions: JCColsCane
Hi I was bored so I looked up this old thread. Late to the party I know. My favorite TV theme songs are 1. Battlestar Galactica (original). 2. Moonlighting 3. Taxi 4. Happy Days 5. Laverne and Shirley 6. The Love Boat 7. Dr. Who 8. Sporanos 9. Greatest American Hero 10. X Files :)

Sanford and Son, The A Team, Andy Griffith, and Cheers.

Woody: What's going on Mr. Peterson?
Norm: "Let's talk about what's going down Mr. Peterson".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT