ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The best T.V. theme songs.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
There have been some great television theme songs throughout the years. What of some of your favorites. I have a few but I will start will Hawaii 50. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Great thread, Sky! In the late 60's (early 70's) our high school band (and many others) played the Hawaii 5-0 theme song constantly. I loved it then, and still do.

Mr. ED,
Bonanza
Greatest American Hero (Believe it or not)
Bewitched (I loved that show, and still do)
I Dream of Jeannie

Those off the top of my head. So many great songs and memories.

OFC

I'm sure that I'm missing some but the first two that came to my mind are True Detective (Season 1) and Cheers

I've never got to see True Detective (or hear the theme)...but I've heard good things about the 1st season. And Cheers...great show, and theme.

OFC

Cheers!! That's the best probably.. Does it make me strange to say The Golden Girls?? Hahaha I like it. We DVRed a few Daniel Boones during winter and I really liked that song and the part where he throws the ax and splits the tree lol. I also like the justified theme song after watching all the seasons since aug it's kinda stuck in my head

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Twilight Zone...one of my top 3 tv series of all time...and the theme is just as deserving and gets you ready for what's coming imo.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (Funeral March of a Marionette)...it's unforgettable once you hear it.

Zorro (1957) Just a fun show and song. I've watched this since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.

Mission: Impossible...One of those themes you can't get out of your head.

So many other great tv theme songs of yesteryear, and today.....but I don't want to hog them all up. So come on guys and gals...get to it!

OFC

Last edited:
The Wire used a different artist's version of "Way Down in the Hole" as its opening song each season, which I thought was kind of cool.

Good Times. Cheers. Sanford & Son. Even Seinfeld....but that's just because I'm still addicted to the show 17 years after the final one aired.

Petticoat Junction
Beverly Hillbillies

And just to show I do like shows (and themes) that aren't all from the 50's & 60's...
Dexter
True Blood

OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Superman
Lone Ranger
Cisco Kid
Bonanza
Peter Gunn
Cheers
And you have got to love that all time favorite of OAD, Mr. Ed (lmao)!!! That's so rich!!!! OAD, please don't take this the wrong way, I loved Mr. Ed, just hit me funny when you selected it!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Last edited:
Boy meets world, full house, Step by Step

I couldn't think of any off the top of my head and then I saw these three. Definitely my 3 as well. However, now I have "step by step...day by day..." stuck in my head.

I'll throw in an honorable mention for the show "Suits" (Greenback Boogie) only because I sang it once when it was on and my dog thought I was hurt (apparently, I'm not a very good singer). She jumped in my lap and was crying and licking my face. Now, literally, every time that song comes on (TV or if I play it on my phone), she runs and jumps in my lap and cries thinking I'm hurt (even when I don't sing). This has gone on for a couple years now. Even if she hasn't heard it in 6 months, she'll react immediately and jump in my lap. Mind you, it's an 80lb German Shepherd jumping in my lap.

Reactions: pisgah101
I couldn't think of any off the top of my head and then I saw these three. Definitely my 3 as well. However, now I have "step by step...day by day..." stuck in my head.

I'll throw in an honorable mention for the show "Suits" (Greenback Boogie) only because I sang it once when it was on and my dog thought I was hurt (apparently, I'm not a very good singer). She jumped in my lap and was crying and licking my face. Now, literally, every time that song comes on (TV or if I play it on my phone), she runs and jumps in my lap and cries thinking I'm hurt (even when I don't sing). This has gone on for a couple years now. Even if she hasn't heard it in 6 months, she'll react immediately and jump in my lap. Mind you, it's an 80lb German Shepherd jumping in my lap.
deff! I watched the series again not too long ago and it brought back a lot of memories... And the song was stuck in my head a while too lol

Gotta put "The Addams Family" in there. Every loves the finger snap.

"Cops" was pretty good also. For the most part I actually just watched the show until theme song was over. Then I changed it

And Miami Vice

I'm going all 1980's here.

Cheers, Knight Rider, Facts of Life and my all time favorite show Macgyver!

Reactions: Wojoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT